Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you Dress less or stop when you find a great SO?

My two cents worth. You can not stop being what you are, Period.... I, like so many others tried and failed. The feelings you experience are an intergal part of your make up and cannot be changed. I have had two major life shaking moments in my like. One was the birth of my daughter and the other was when late one night I admited to myself what I was and that I needed to love "ME" first. Bottleing this up inside will not help you or your married life. Lydia

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    Well, EVERYONE who answered said the same thing. No, we had one person who said he didn't think about it "very much" and was sure that the right GG could cure him. But if the wisdom of this forum is to be believed, CDing is something that will just NOT go away. This has been stated in many ways in many differents threads. CDing is somehow locked into our psyches in a permanent way. All of us have walked away at some point only to be inexorably drawn back. Some sooner, and some later, but drawn back, none-the-less. I think that we can state with some degree of certainty that you just can't give up CDing for good, no matter what excuse you give yourself. Of course, I learned years ago to never say never, so I may be absolutely wrong here, but I don't think I am.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

No doubt your observations are correct. On the other hand.... many posters from the start of this forum a few years ago don't seem to be here any more. Where are they? Could it be that the remaining members of this forum are the ones who can't give it up? It's called a biased sample. Maybe those who do stop just aren't here to speak up for themselves.

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eva Diva View Post
    No doubt your observations are correct. On the other hand.... many posters from the start of this forum a few years ago don't seem to be here any more. Where are they? Could it be that the remaining members of this forum are the ones who can't give it up? It's called a biased sample. Maybe those who do stop just aren't here to speak up for themselves.
    Hmm.. but people leave forums unannounced all the time. Also we know from some here that some are able to quit for years before it returns with a vengeance.. so it could also be said that those who leave might be trying to quit and in time they may return. Also, considering the high suicide rate amongst us many.. could be.. gone.

*shudder*

The thing is there isnt any reliable data on those who have 'successfully' quit. Maybe a study needs to be done on those who claim they have, follow their progress for a few decades to be sure. Then we would know if some can and some cant. How or why those that can, if any, do so. If it is permanant and at what cost the attempt comes.

Another problem is should a crossdresser quit, even if able, to suit someone else? I am yet to hear a reasonable and ethical argument in favour.

I have definitely noticed that when I am attracted to a woman, on more than just a superficial level, I lose any will to crossdress. Not sure why it is - maybe I would be ashamed of her finding out I crossdress?

Quote Originally Posted by becca1125n View Post
    If I am dating a girl (especially girly girls) I don't get the desire to dress as much or at all. Even though my relationships don't last past 6 months or so, I feel like my femme side is being represented by her. I think (even though I have not experienced anything long term) that I could stop dressing if I am with the right girl...am I alone on this, has anyone else had the same feelings?? or am I just fooling myself....I personally believe that my dressing can be controlled. I'd love to get feedback from the younger girls and older girls on this one.
    Older girl here. I tried that, years ago. Found a "special' girl that I really liked. We lived together for years but never married. I put all of my girlie life style away. Even grew a moustache. Serious stuff. But the urge was always there. She liked me becasue she thought I was a very macho guy. I sure had her fooled. But I knew there was no way she would accept my feminine side. I sneaked in some dressing on rare occasions but the moustache kind of ruined it for me. The romance finally faded and it eventually ended. I was devastated for 6 or 7 days until I remembered how much fun it was to dress. Bye bye moustache. Hello wig and make-up. Yahoo.....

When I have a GF, I tend to dress a little less, with the exception of pantyhose, I always wear them, every day, and to bed, at night. My current GF (AWESOME!) has no preference one way or the other, as long as I'm smooth and not stubbly.
    Ammdi
    --
    PHR

Hai!
    I always tell myself when I can't dress up it's well geeky and stupid, and if you get caught you'll ruin your life, but I can never stop myself when I have the chance.