Thread: Need New Glasses

Need New Glasses

It's been a few years since my last eye examine. Can't see the golf ball when I hit it and few other things as will. So off I go. Yeah eyes have changed.

So I get new sun glasses and my safety glasses for work.

Now I start looking for my everyday glasses. I see some that are unisex and I tell the girl helping that I didn't mine if they were unisex and that I was a CDer and that I would like to see some female ones.( BTW I was in drab after work.) So she had me sit down and try on the unisex ones we had pick out as she went over to the female frames and pick a few for me to try on. Together we pick a cute blue and brown frame that she look good with my eye color. We also talk about how hard it was to put on eye makeup being nearsighted. She suggested that I use a magnifier mirror when put on my eye makeup.

The glasses should be ready in 2 weeks. I think I will go back dressed to see how they look.

This is all good but the best thing is the company is paying for most it.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Banned Read only
    I just got glasses myself - I was way late for a new prescription. The woman at the store helped me pick the frames out and actually suggested what I thought was a more "androgynous" look.

I use a small round 10x magnifying mirror with suction cups on the back. I stick it to the bathroom mirror, and definitely couldn't put eye make-up on without it.

I need a new pair. I'm just trying to get the nerve up to get ladies pair.
    What the world need now is love, sweet love.....

Getting as new pair of glasses is fun!!! What brand did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by jessie_cal View Post
    I need a new pair. I'm just trying to get the nerve up to get ladies pair.
    You can always look on E-bay. If you know your prescription you can send the frames and there are places that will fill them without you ever leaving the comfort of your home!!

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyStacey View Post
    You can always look on E-bay. If you know your prescription you can send the frames and there are places that will fill them without you ever leaving the comfort of your home!!
    What's the fun of doing it online? I was having fun with this young lady.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Banned Read only
    Go here http://www.39dollarglasses.com/

I have bought five pairs of glasses from them and was always satisfied. I have regular glasses, reading glasses, bi-focals, and I even made up my own prescription, about halfway between my reading glasses, and my distant prescription, to wear around the house. They ship in just two or three days, and have a good selection of frames. For a little extra, you can get all the premium stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda G View Post
    Go here http://www.39dollarglasses.com/

I have bought five pairs of glasses from them and was always satisfied. I have regular glasses, reading glasses, bi-focals, and I even made up my own prescription, about halfway between my reading glasses, and my distant prescription, to wear around the house. They ship in just two or three days, and have a good selection of frames. For a little extra, you can get all the premium stuff too.
    I am so glad to hear you say that, I just ordered a pair from 39dollarglasses, I got the femmiest looking unisex glasses they offered, I like the way they show photos of the different styles on both girls and guys with different facial features, here is how the pair I just ordered looks on one of their models:

I've been wearing glasses for years, whenever I went out, I didn't wear them. I carried them, wore them only to drive, but put them in my purse when not driving. I just got new unisex glasses this spring. Much better.