Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: your dad?

Knowing my dad like I did, I'm fairly certain he would not have accepted me for who I am. My mom was altogether different. She knew about me and used to tell me I should have been a girl.
    Kisses, Linda

The Unlucky
    He would kill me. Literally.

He went to prison for murder when I was like 2 or 3.

I have Klienfelter's Syndrome and he knows that.. he wouldn't freak I don't think.

My dads a mix of a mans man and a hippy. I think hed just not wanna know about it and deny the "problem" even exists.

Both my parents are in their 80s now and live some distance away. I don't want to explain my CDing to them because I see no point in burdening them with new stuff at this time in their lives. I think my dad would be OK with it but it wouldn't exactly cheer him up, so why go there?
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

My dad is a man of few words. He always has been a man of action and example. He is a man's man and a hard worker. His words were usually related to what we were doing, weather and current events. So my mom was the loudest voice growing up. If dad was mad I found out through mom. As an example, my dad was really POed that I got my ears pierced and I have yet to hear a word from him. My mom was not happy either but my siblings have tempered her through the years.

Interestingly the last 10 or so years my dad as said several comments generally, including some with just me around "those gays not being right" and guys dressed in drag on a tv show that he did not like that or think much of that, in a very strong tone of voice. It makes you wonder if they know something.

I think I will keep my CDing to myself.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar
    I was abandoned as a child so my Dad was not in the picture.

I did miss not having him around in the early years but my heroe is my mom and she wore nylons and so do I
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

Kellyann

Hummm

I think my dad would have freaked out but then been ok with it after a few drinks...

Mine would probably offer dressing and makeup tips

Mine is a non-op TS. Something about getting "the surgery" at 60+...

Banned Read only
    he would try his very best to kill me so that the stain would not tarnish his image.( being over twice my age he probablycouldn't do it but would probably die trying) so i dont tell him and can still enjoy a good scotch with him when ever he can find the time to talk to me or see me.

my dad

Hi girls

This is a very interesting topic. My father and mother caught me in a dress when I was 13yrs old. My dad was from the old school, he freaked, he called me a F@# freak. He told my mother that I was sick in the head and I needed to see a doctor. He also said that real men don't dress like women. Dad beat my butt. I didn't dress again until later when i was on my own. To make my dad happy I did all of the things that us boys are suppose to do, played football, basketball. Then I went into the military service. When my dad died last year at the age of 95, I think he had forgotten about me dressing as a woman.
    I love being a girl

Quote Originally Posted by occdresser View Post
    What would your dad think of your crossdressing? Would he approve? Would he freak out?
    Now he wouldnt care he has dementia but when he was OK no way he would accept that

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    What would your dad think of your crossdressing?
    That's hard for me to say. My father died when I was 13 (after a few years of major illnesses), so we didn't really have any "adult-to-adult" talks. But he was what you would call "a good man", and his family had a noticable social-justice background, the kind of person to whom "justice" meant something beyond "Can I get out of this parking ticket?". I think he would be very pleased at what my sister and I have accomplished. I don't know if he would ever "understand" my crossdressing, but I believe he would have said something like, "This crossdressing, it makes you happy? It doesn't harm anyone, so I don't see why you shouldn't go ahead." But I can't estimate whether he would ever have been comfortable with my being Obviously Femme around him (he probably would have accepted borderline clothes, I think.)

dad

i was caught at about 12. i got the 'birds and bees' lecture, folowed by a warning that ' people like that' got locked up. this was before our justice minister decided that the gov't had no business in the bedrooms of the country (canada). that what went on behind closed doors between consenting adults was nobody's busines but their own, something i totally agree with - with the possible exception of their spouses!

FREAK! He was a man's man. Me? A big disappointment to him. Never was much "manly" about me.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Mine died in 2001 but he knew about my dressing from many years before. He had no problem with it. As long as I was happy was all he was concerned about
    Never meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste great dipped in chocolate and covered with sprinkles

I'm a RED member

Dad...Probably...

I asked this ? because I know most of everybodys mom would be ok with it.
    Mother...ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NO! NO! NO! NO! :mad:
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Seville[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Mom was not very not ok with it she found out when I was 13. Dad ignores it.
    Another one of those nutty Texas T-girls. Save a horse
    drive a truck.

Aside from the cardiac arrest I thought he handled the revelation fairly well.

Actually he did find out about my cding when I was 14. All I remember was an awkward conversation that never really went anywhere. After that it was a US military style policy of "don't ask - don't tell" ... and I got a lot more sophisticated at hiding my clothes.

I dressed up one time for a party and visited my parents. They were a bit shocked, but loosened up a bit and said a looked good and a bit like one of my cousins. However, if my father knew about more regular CDing he would give me the silent treatment and throw in subtle verbal jabs to me later on...he would never confront me or have a conversation to resolve the issue...time cures all attitude, you know, just sweep what ever you don't want to talk about under the carpet. Its funny, actually, my father's nose was out of joint the first time I brought my future wife home to meet him until now many years later they are uncomfortable visiting me in my own house. They can't understand that I've even grown up, so adding in the Cding aspect just isn't really valid.

My dad let me know what he thought of it when I was 6.

Thankfully I haven't had to worry about what he thought about anything for a long long time.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Neither, nuh uh, no way.

My folks split when I was 2 and I lived with my mom til I was 13-14 or so I think. I saw my father on weekends, but lived with my mother... she kicked me out around that age, and while I've never found out why (I've asked), I think perhaps part of that was as a result of my exploration of my feminine side. I recall once when I was very young, we were in a city somewhere and she made it a point to point out a tg/cd. I don't recall what exactly was said, but I do remember the intent of it, the malice in her voice. She's a hard core right winger, so no way, sorry.. nuh uh. She isn't tolerant of anyone that doesn't fit within her ideals (but I try my damndest to push em... I once told her I thought jesus was an alien after doing a fair bit of research on it... that went over well). So, most moms perhaps, but not mine.

My father... well, as much as I love him for taking me in and some of the help he's offered since... he'd not be understanding either. I say this for several reasons: When I moved in, he used to ridicule me for sitting down to go to the bathroom all the time, instead of the times I could have stood up (of course, he said less after I stood up once and promptly went everywhere). To this day, anytime my hair is longer than he'd like he starts chanting & chuckling "I've got a boy named sue, how do you do? ahahahhahaha." He knows I hate this, I've told him it bothers me, he still does it. Lastly, he's never really understood or been what I'd call supportive with my mental illness. CD/TG is, or would be on the same level, if not worse in his eyes. My current step mother might seem supporting on the surface, but behind she'd still be cutting me down... so not much change. When it comes to who I really am, I'm alone in the world & that'll have to do.

Hmmmmmm...I did have a kind of conversation with my dad once in my adult years where somehow he told me he say me putting on my mom's lipstick when I was 3 or maybe 4. I told him I didn't remember doing that, and I really didn't. The conversation didn't go much further, but I really don't think he would have been too surprised. When I was little I did "borrow" my mother's earrings from time to time to wear when alone, and "somehow" they'd get back to her jewelry drawer. She never mentioned it but I'm sure they had a feeling something was out of plumb.

My dad was very understanding and kind, and I sort of regret not talking to him about it (he's been gone for a number of years). He was a great student of human nature, and was more than likely trying to figure out something about himself. I just wonder...?

Hugs from Stacey Stacey_At_Times's Avatar
    Fear of physical harm overshadowed any thought of sharing much of anything I thought or felt. After a few drinks, there was very little that would not invoke dad. Rambo would qualify 'fag' if he wore white pants in front of dad - but he was equal opportunity with 'dike' observations when he was drunk. And you know if he were alive today, I would give him a hug, tell him I love him - in spite of his actions. Somewhere he really hurt. Hugs

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    don't know my dad left when I was 5 but knowing he is a deeply religious man he would probably be very disapointed and disapproving.

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy