Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doing the Ladies Room at da Mall.

Doing the Ladies Room at da Mall.

Just got home from a little shopping trip. After going by my wig shop and a thrift store I headed to Perimeter Mall. Of course stopped and blew eighty bucks at the MAC store, looked at stuff at Macys....then used the main ladies restroom by the food court!

I had been feeling pretty comfortable and seemed to not be kicking up much notice as I went thru the mall. Needed to go...said heck with it and took a chance. Everything was ok...but I just sat down did my buisness and hauled bootie back outta there! No primping in da mirror like I like to do.

Anyway a milestone for me...I have been scared of Ladies Restrooms at Malls and that had been a logitical problem on shopping trips.

Felt good afterwards and really enjoyed my 3 hour shopping trip around Sandy Springs/Alpharetta this evening.

Dang it...gotta now take all this makeup, fake nails, etc back off and back to boy mode.

Deidra, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. My milestone was about six weeks ago. I was out dancing at Studio 54 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Nature called and I had to answer. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the ladies room had an attendant. Took care of my business, washed my hands, checked my hair (I was hot!), smiled at the attendant and headed back to the dance floor... but inside, my heart was pounding!
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Good for you D! (You too Holly!) I'll bet the three hours' shopping was a lot more pleasant with that out of the way

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Deidra,

Your Avatar is so pretty that I am sure that you looked like a very pretty genetic girl to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deidra Cowen View Post
    Just got home from a little shopping trip. After going by my wig shop and a thrift store I headed to Perimeter Mall. Of course stopped and blew eighty bucks at the MAC store, looked at stuff at Macys....then used the main ladies restroom by the food court!

I had been feeling pretty comfortable and seemed to not be kicking up much notice as I went thru the mall. Needed to go...said heck with it and took a chance. Everything was ok...but I just sat down did my buisness and hauled bootie back outta there! No primping in da mirror like I like to do.

Anyway a milestone for me...I have been scared of Ladies Restrooms at Malls and that had been a logitical problem on shopping trips.

Felt good afterwards and really enjoyed my 3 hour shopping trip around Sandy Springs/Alpharetta this evening.

Dang it...gotta now take all this makeup, fake nails, etc back off and back to boy mode.

It really is no big deal Deidra, is it ?

I drove to Chicago recently dressed and stopped twice on the Indiana Toll Road, and everything went fine. I was walking in at the same time a Middle Eastern Woman was, and I was a little concerned but she apparently didn't notice me.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    The legendary Deidra Cowen is scared of the ladies restroom?? ....ah good, that means you are human after all. As you know, you are one of my role models. You always look so damm good, and when I read your 360 blog and see all the great pics, I see a t-girl who's attitude is so awesome and so confident it was hard to believe that you too have goals and bridges that you haven't yet crossed. That said, the women's rest room in a public mall (on your own) is a pretty big one!

YGG!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

[SIZE="3"]Good for you D, another dragon slain![/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Congratulations Diedra!

Those mall restrooms are pretty intimidating. Another milestone for you. Have you noticed how much nicer the Women's Restroom is compared to Men's Restroom in the same store/mall? They're usually much nicer and CLEANER.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar

ladies room

Diedra I bow down to your courage and applaud you, when I was out and had to go well lets say I could not wait to get home.:

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

Girl..... A 3 hour shopping trip and your milestone
    Back to the shopping...ok dish what you bought.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Way to go Deidra
    Angie

Honey, if you look good enough to go to the mall and to restaurants, you should look good enough to go the ladies' potty. That's what I say. Chances are you look 200% better than most women who walk thru those doors anyway

Rita

It is such a huge milestone. I was sort of freaking out (on the inside) my first time in a (restaurant) ladies room (it may have been that I was in like ninth grade), but I realized I didn't look any different than the couple of women who were in there, AND I was better dressed... lol...

Just act like you belong there and sit to do your business, hee hee...

oh, and it's not true that ladies rooms are always so much cleaner than men's. They are, more often than not, but I have seen some pretty dirty ladies rooms in my time... does ANYone flush anymore?
    "Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes..."

ladies rooms

Going to the ladies room is just a natural thing women do. Just go in with a feeling of confidence and you should be fine. Sit, of course, and tear off some paper after you pee. I always flush, it is the lady like thing to do. On the way out wash your hands.

Eileen

Good for you Deidra. If the main restrooms in the mall seem too crowded, try the ones inside the department stores. They are usually not occupied. However, one time I went in one at Macy's in Northlake Mall and was startled to find about a half dozen women in the lounge area that is part of the restroom. I just walked confidently past them to where the stalls were, did my business and got out of there quick. No one reacted as if anything was out of the ordinary.
    Phoebe

Congrats Deidra! I know we all worry about it but I've never gotten a second look in the ladies room. It can be a shock though when you open the door to step in and it's one of those big multiroom affairs with chairs and couches.....What is this.....a game room?

Now relax and enjoy!
    Sally

Quote Originally Posted by Sally24 View Post
    Congrats Deidra! I know we all worry about it but I've never gotten a second look in the ladies room. It can be a shock though when you open the door to step in and it's one of those big multiroom affairs with chairs and couches.....What is this.....a game room?

Now relax and enjoy!
    I have been in a couple of pubs (as a cleaner) and found the ladies room carpeted with tables and chairs.

Are they for women to sit down and gossip? Ahh!! So that is why women take so long in the bathroom!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    The legendary Deidra Cowen is scared of the ladies restroom?? ....ah good, that means you are human after all. As you know, you are one of my role models. You always look so damm good, and when I read your 360 blog and see all the great pics, I see a t-girl who's attitude is so awesome and so confident it was hard to believe that you too have goals and bridges that you haven't yet crossed. That said, the women's rest room in a public mall (on your own) is a pretty big one!

YGG!
    Oh lord that is too sweet to say! But yes I think most of us even if we go out in public still have places that scare us or things we have not done yet. Mall restrooms were one of my deals. I don't mind nightclubs or even resturants...but I always get a bit nervous where I might run into Kids. Anyway it all worked out!

Thanks to everyone for the sweet responses and for giving your experiences...my apologies for the late reply. I caught a nasty Summer Cold and have been laying low. Matter of fact am home early since my boss said to go on home early...LOL...my voice was bad today. Got two movies rented and about to chill out and try to recover since I got da kids this weekend.

Way to go girl! It feels good going into the ladies and not having a second glance. I go in and then touch up my make-up in the mirror, even handed out a tip or two when a girl's asked!

I have never been in the ladies when other women have been around.

My biggest fear is if they start chatting.

What happens if they ask a question?

Doesn't matter how femme I look, my voice would give me away instantly!

Way to go!!

I've used the ladies room at a local Hilton on several occasions and never had a bad experience. Always in and out quick as a breeze. I imagine things could get rough using a ladies room at a busy bar where all the ladies being under the influence would tend to be a bit more crass and mouthy.
    On the other hand...I put my personal safety ahead of everything and would not want to meet up with the wrong guy in the men's room while dressed.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Deidra nervous about the ladies room ? What's next? Karren Hutton scared of the drive thru at Wendy's ??????????????

Seriously, we are have those silly fears pop up that force us to grow.

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

when mother nature calls i answer and use the room that i am dressed for

susie

Hi Deidre

i enjoyed your story....

i have had to deal with the same issue and shared alot of the feelings you had

I live just a few miles north Of Kansas City, Mo United States
    good for you I am glad you made it. I was nerves with my first time out dressed.