Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What type of deodorant do you use?

Avon..works great and no aroma

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Secret Clear Gel in Powder Fresh scent. Think I'll look into Procter & Gamble stock.

It's A Secret

Most of the time I use Secret, but occasionally when I'm in drab and I feel a need to be "consistently" male for anyone else who might be around and inquisitive, I use a men's deodorant.
    warmly, Linnea

I use Secret Clear Gel all the time. I justified it to my wife by showing her the active ingredient vs other brands. It turns out that Secret has 18% vs anywhere from 14-16% for typical sports (aka male) brands. So---not only are getting a fresh somewhat female smell, you are also getting more protection from you money that the "strong Male " brands. Go figure !!

Queen Helene Natural Mint Julep, from health-food groceries. It's a distinctive scent, not really gendered. You might want to be careful if you shave--sometimes the alcohol base stings even at full bloom of underarm hair.

Well, the most important thing is to bath BEFORE you put on any deodorant. When I worked in an E.R., I was always amazed by the number of people who will go out for a night of fun and believe that the deodorant will mask their B.O. It won't!

You have basically 2 choices in all deodorants, products that contain aluminum zirconium and products that don't. The Aluminum zirconium is a drying agent. You will see it listed as the first ingredient. If you get really "wet" under your arms, and your not sensitive, use that one.

Me, I prefer unscented. Never clashes with my perfume. I have a sneaky suspicion that when the deodorant machines are working at Lever Brothers or C/P, they just change the packaging, not the product. Try The Generic Brand at Walmart. Seems to be very effective and it's 99cents for a standard size, whether it has a girly label, or the one for boys.

Peace and Love, Joanie

It's a Secret !

And it is too ! & Trina - Not So Secret in Lace !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Don't use any at all.

However, if I did it would be aluminum free. Aluminum gets absorbed through the underarm pores and eventually lodges in the brain. Its been cited as being a primary cause of[SIZE=-1] Alzheimer's[/SIZE].
    Last edited by Bernadina; 06-04-2007 at 04:14 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

girlie guy
    Now I have to state my firm opinion. Well, my soft opinion.
    When dressing, it HAS to be girly, like baby powder. Sometimes I wear that kind anyway but I get funny looks in public but so what?
    Guys wear way too much scented stuff and I don't like it.
    Once I sat next to a girl in the airport who was wearing the same kind as me, and I felt like we were soul sisters!

I use Ban baby powder scented all the time. It just smells nice to me. And isn't it what life is all about ?

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaTS View Post
    Looks like I'm in the majority because I also use Secret 100% of the time.
    Me too.

Female Female Speedstick all the time!

I use secret none scented all the time. I used to use boy stuff...forgot the brand but i did not realize it had a bit of a scent to it. My old GG GF got on me about it and I never bought boy deorderant again!

Whatever comes to hand or indeed armpit

its a Secert....so add me to the majority list

Tina Elizabeth

I use whatever is on sale and I use it in large amounts.I used Axe for awhile but my nephew who I'm really close to found it too cloying to smell and browbeat me into using something else.I sometimes use my Mom or my sister's deoderant,just whatever they have.I like Secret and there are certain types of perfumes and cologne for women that I am just crazy about.I used to use the grainy kind of stick deoderants but they made me break out in a rash so I stopped.I like body washes and I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good fem shower bodywash with a nice scent.I know that you can buy bath oil beads and surprisingly,they still make Mr.Bubble!But our tub is set up for shower not tub baths.

I usually use AXE for work and family occasions, but prefer SECRET whenever I can............yes I use SECRET too

Dry Idea / Powder Fresh for normal days, Mennen Speed Stick when I know I am going to get really bad. No matter what, you still have to keep from stinking up the neighborhood.
    You go girl!

I use Degree's Pure Powder, it doesn't seem to influence my perfume- a Liz Claiborne fragrance.

Gwen

I used to use Old Spice years ago. Showering I use Arbonne Foaming Body Wash. I highly recommend the Arbonne! My whole family uses it so it doesn't stand out and, at work, they're pretty much used to it by now. I use Curel moisturizer, even under my arms, and Shower to Shower, with chamomile, powder. All together it isn't really strong or over powering but yet very femme, at least I think so. The Arbonne is a little pricey but like every one else, I need a little pampering!

Noticing many using Secret I just had to check my wife's side of the medicine cabinet and, there's Secret Platinum! All you ladies couldn't be wrong so I'm going to try it before bed tonight!

Lady Speed Stick, Shower Fresh scent. Very subtle and doesn't clkash with prefume. Haven't used a guy deoderant in about a year.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

i use rexona sport for woman and men depends how worked up im gonna get :P

I use Right Guard Extreme. LOL, the way I perspire, I need all the help I can get!
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie