Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blue is for girls, pink is for boys

blue is for girls, pink is for boys

Dear Abby today had comments on "Jack's grandpa" who feared a baby boy wearing pink would become a transvestite later on. Writers commented how pink historically was the color used on warriors-represented strength, war, fire and blood--and blue was for women--(blue represented harmony, peace, sky and water). I had once read that until about 1910, baby boys were garbed in pink, girls in blue. Never learned 'who' decided to change the style 180 degrees.
    I know I preferred 'trying on' my big sister's pink nylon briefs in preference to the blue ones when I was about 6. Don't know how that correlates to the Dear Abby, but I have been a transvestite the past 50+ years since.
    So many of us suffer the pressure Society creates that we must conform to what is labelled correct for our biological gender. I salute the gurls who brave this challenge and go out enfemme. You go gurls! Helen

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Okay, good....that explains it all and I am not at fault......me mutter dressed me in the wrong color as a child. GIGGLE GIGGLE !

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

Barbara
    Have to say that pink is probably my favorite color to wear both under and out. Followed closely by black, blue, red and white.

Does this mean I do not fit the norm? Help!!
    Barbara

Let it Blossom - Let it grow

I have to admit that pink is probably my favorite color and just happen to be wearing it today when I was in Wal-Mart. The lady at the check out counter must have agreed because she complimented me on my pink jeans. We both agreed that we get pretty tired of seeing plain old blue denim jeans which about 95% of the women wear these days.
    Kisses, Linda

I dont think it matters what colour is what as long as your happy wearing it.. As for the baby being dressed in pink there is no scientific proof that a baby boy wearing pink will grow up to be a transvestite.. My personal opinion is its genetic... I cant think of any other trigger...

Take care
    [CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by helenr View Post
    Dear Abby today had comments on "Jack's grandpa" who feared a baby boy wearing pink would become a transvestite later on. ....
    So many of us suffer the pressure Society creates that we must conform to what is labelled correct for our biological gender. I salute the gurls who brave this challenge and go out enfemme. You go gurls! Helen
    IMHO, one possible cause of a TV/CD/TG is not the dressing a baby in Pink or Blue, but the "Jack's Grandpa's" that are out there saying:
    "Blue is for boys, Pink is for girls"
    "Girls like dolls, pretty things, and lace, Boys like trucks, rough and tough"
    "Girls are feminine, delicate and should be cared for, Boys are masculine, strong and do not cry"
    "Girls stay clean, Boys get dirty"
    "Girls are proper, Boys are rude and disgusting"
    "Girls are house wifes, cook, clean, and raise babies, Boys provide for the family, take care of the house and the family money"

And the many many many other society gender types there are.

A male baby with feminine characteristics, likes or tenancies can not help but be confused. And the same for a female baby with masculine characteristics, likes, or tenancies.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

I really dont like pink or blue much Black is more me

Pink for me - as much as possible.

A
    [SIZE=4]~ASHLEIGH~[/SIZE]
    Finis Origine Pendet (The end depends upon the beginning)

Banned Read only
    one quarter ofmy femme wardrobe is pink, another is pastel baby blue , black green( pstel) and purple make up the rest. does this mean that i should get rid of 3 quarters of my clothes to be a " real" girl?

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Pink can be nice from time to time. Especially as an accent to black. The markings on the wooden beads on my belt in my pics are pink.

I went through an intense pink phase, but while I still really like it, I've started to gravitate towards the colours and fabrics I REALLY love. Earthy, artsy, flowing stuff. Seem to be getting into baby blue a lot... ironically.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Roles

I wish our society could relax a little bit. What are we so damn afraid of? Each other? We are so mean to each other, it breaks my heart.

When my son was about 6 his father bought him a pink dress they found at a garage sale. Now, he'd been dressing up for a while because he and I always did our "acting game". His father (my ex) actually started to accept my son's uniqueness before I did. I was pretty mad at him for buying that dress at the time. At the time I think we thought he might become gay but now I realize a lot of things. Our society is so uninformed as was I. Once I realized this was a gender identification issue, not a sexual preferance (which he was too young for and still is most likely), it was even harder. I thought, heck, being gay is halfway accepted in our society. But trans people are the most misunderstood and most unaccepted I think.

Sorry to get so serious. I do think that worrying about such things as baby colors is pretty silly.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMom View Post
    ...I do think that worrying about such things as baby colors is pretty silly.
    Ahhhh, the voice of reason. Thanks for pointing that out, OM.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]If Pink is for girls and Blue is for boys or visa versa, then does that make Lavender for Crossdressers??[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    [SIZE=3]then does that make Lavender for Crossdressers??[/SIZE]
    it most certainly does

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    To me it's about association. If had been told when I was little that any particular color was a "girls' color" I would have wanted that color.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Amen (Awomen) OM and Kimberley S - it's the stereotyping that goes along with it that creates problems for everyone.

You go gurls indeed! - and bouquets to all of us who are willing to throw conformity out the window and not be bothered by it to begin with!

Carolka
    "Feel yourself being quietly drawn by the deeper pull of what you truly
    love."
    ~ Rumi

Life is like a gift they say
    Wrapped up for you everyday
    Open up and find a way
    To give some of your own
    ~"Ordinary Miracle" by Sarah McLachlan in
    Charlotte's Web

Platinum Member
    ok ok i confess! i have a pink shirt

I had a pink Blankie, when I was young. Hmmmm? Could that be the reason for wantiing to dress??????BJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    ok ok i confess! i have a pink shirt
    Me too, actually. And a (GM) friend of mine had the nerve to tell me I shouldn't wear it. I said, "Why, do you think it'll make me gay? Too late!" Ha, ha!
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I drank a lot of pink lemonade as a kid- could that be a cause? (Giggle!) Actually I am very partial to any pastel including pink.
    Hugs, Andi

My mother still dresses me in pink... oh, perhaps that's too much information to share.

A woman friend complimented me one day for wearing a pink shirt. She said that it showed that I was sure of myself and of my sexuality. Little did she know that I wore it because I thought it was cute.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

So many nice comments, thanks friends. I think the public in general is very insecure with identity. So much pressure to conform. Testosterone is such an evil. Seems so much violence relates to it. Two young men will get into a dispute, lethal force is used. Take the same situation, two older men with minimal amounts of testosterone, they discuss matters, maybe shake hands and part on good terms. Testosterone is the villian. A bit off the topic of the color pink, I suppose, but I am sure most males would never wear pink due to male insecurity,etc. helen

Quote Originally Posted by helenr View Post
    Testosterone is such an evil. Seems so much violence relates to it.
    Not from where I'm sitting - but I see your point. I think hormones of either kind have the ability to control us and make us do things we know are not rational. Estrogen can make one weepy and emotional, testosterone can make one aggressive. And even when we realize that it's the hormones, not us, we feel helpless to do anything about it. Personally, I feel I can keep my aggressiveness under control, but I sure don't miss those weepy days.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]