Thread: Hey, I'm a new guy (or girl.)

Hai!

Hey, I'm a new guy (or girl.)

My name's Mike, and I'm 18. I'm still living with my parents, and I'm a mtf crossdresser. I enjoy panties, bras and sexy pink nighties.
    Anyway, recently I've really wanted to tell my mum, but never got the guts to do it and didnt know how to do it either. Any advice? Please.

Hi Ziabotsu, welcome to the forum, I hope you get some input for your question.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

In the short time that I've been here, I have read many threads and posts where most mothers are perfectly fine with a CDing son. At least you're not in with the drug gangs running around on the streets making trouble.

So just tell her. You'll never really know for sure until you do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hai!
    Yeah, but the thing is, what if she doesn't understand? And if my dad found out, he'd go mental, he shouts at me for half an hour when my bedroom's messy. When the TV is left on, or when I watched a DVD downstairs and 'turned on another feature' or something. He'd never take it, and I'd never hear the last of it. How should I tell my mum?

I'd still go ahead and tell her. Let her worry about your dad. She's his best friend (or should be) and probably knows how to explain it to him better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hai!
    You don't know how many arguements my mum and dad have, they're considering divorce, and my mum would keep the house. But considering my dad is the one with the easy job in the relationship, he has no where else to go.
    Really, how do you think I should tell my mum?

Banned Read only
    Why do you want to tell your mum?

Hai!
    Wierd. Because I'd be able to dress up without having to wait until everyone's out of the house. It's only my sister and my dad I don't want to find out at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziabotsu View Post
    You don't know how many arguements my mum and dad have, they're considering divorce, and my mum would keep the house. But considering my dad is the one with the easy job in the relationship, he has no where else to go.
    Really, how do you think I should tell my mum?
    Zia; Sense there is already a domestic battle raging I would advise holding this to yourself until later. Think of "petrol on the fire" and wait. At 18 you and your mum will hopefully have plenty of time to sort this out. Best of luck my dear and keep in touch with us. Hugs! Annie
    Last edited by Annesah; 06-02-2007 at 05:37 PM.

The short answer, Mike, is that you are not ready to tell your mum. You haven't yet accepted yourself. If you don't want your sister and your dad to, "find out at all costs," then keep it to yourself. It would not be fair to your mum to have to hold a secret such as that.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ziabotsu View Post
    Wierd. Because I'd be able to dress up without having to wait until everyone's out of the house. It's only my sister and my dad I don't want to find out at all costs.
    Telling your mom doesn't mean she'll want to see it. There's very little doubt that she'll accept you. That's what moms do! She loves you, but she loves the you that she raised. She might have a very hard time actually seeing you that way. If you do tell her, which you should, I wouldn't recommend dressing in front of her for a while so that she can start to wrap her head around the idea.

Sobe

Barbara
    Hang loose a while and drop little hints. If Mom get suspicious she will ask and you may be able to feel her out as to how she would react. Not knowing all the particulars, best I have to give.
    Barbara

Let it Blossom - Let it grow

Hi Ziabotsu, welcome to the forum! maybe take it slow. wait for the right time.
    some families are very unsupportive (like mine). wait for things to settle down.
    when the dust settles, see where you are with yourself and your mom. anyway
    that my $0.02.

I agree with those who advise you to wait, Ziabotsu. With your parents fighting, now is not the time to add extra complications. And it's not fair to drag your mother into the closet with you, effectively forcing her to keep your secret from your father & sister.

Spend some time here, learn more about CD/TG by interacting with this wonderful online community, maybe collect some articles for her to read when it is the right time to tell her.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I agree with everyone that advises to wait. There is no guarantee that your mom will even support you. Youre taking a big gamble on telling her and thinking that she will automatically accept you as a cd'er. Believe me, i had a similar experience with my parents divorce and all. The best thing you can do is hide it for now, and move out to express yourself as freely as you want later on. I did and i love it.

best luck to you.
    jess.

Not convinced!

Quote Originally Posted by spandexgirl188 View Post
    I agree with everyone that advises to wait. There is no guarantee that your mom will even support you. Youre taking a big gamble on telling her and thinking that she will automatically accept you as a cd'er. Believe me, i had a similar experience with my parents divorce and all. The best thing you can do is hide it for now, and move out to express yourself as freely as you want later on. I did and i love it.

best luck to you.
    jess.
    You haven't convinced me that you are a TRUE crossdresser.
    Perhaps you are C/Ding due to the intense emotional
    pressures in your household.

Regardless, why add to the "pressure-cooker" atmosphere?
    Good advice, above post, "Move out to express yourself
    freely..."

Take care, Hun.
    Last edited by Seville; 06-03-2007 at 12:47 PM. Reason: grammar
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Seville[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I tend to agree with Holly on this one....

You'll know when the "time is right", but from what you say of your home life, that time is not right now. Be patient

My Mother died 9 years ago, she never "knew", but from conversations with my wonderful sister, it seems that she had "guessed" anyway, perhaps the same thing applies to your mother?

I think it's called "female intuition"

Give it time? Give it until your parents' problems are resolved? And then have a re-think as to whether you want to tell your mother or not?

Hi there! I told my Mum a few months ago now. I'm glad I did, she is very accepting. My Dad too I think would not be understanding and so he doesn't know. My Mum would never tell him so I'm not worried and he no longer lives in the same house anyway. I would tell her, but, it is easy for me to say that on the other side having had a good reaction. The best advice is to think about it and say so when you are ready to. Good luck!