Thread: Funny Conversations with My Sister

Funny Conversations with My Sister

As a lot of you know, I have a sister who doesn't know about this part of me, but both my parents know. Recently, my sister and I have had a few rather comical conversations, which are only funny because of the irony of everything. The first of these was at a surprise party my mom had a few weeks ago. She said she had absolutely no idea there was going to be one, so I told her that I was good at keeping secrets. My sister made some comment about that, implying (or outright saying, I can't remember) that I can't keep secrets. My mom and I both had a good laugh about that.

Then the other day my sister and I were watching TV. She points to her leg and says, "Look, I'm like you, I'm all hairy." This was because she hadn't shaved in over a week. I had just shaved a day or two before that, but since I have yet to wear shorts, she had no idea. We were watching What Not to Wear (and I'm surprised she didn't find it suspicious that I was watching it with her and finding it interesting). One of the stylists on that show made a comment about being comfortable, and I complained to my sister about how uncomfortable guy clothes can be. Well she gave me a short lecture on how uncomfortable girl clothes are and how I had no idea. I had to laugh (inwardly of course) at this, because I've probably worn more women's outfits than she has men's!

If only she knew that she not only has a brother, but a sister...
    "Why are you wearing those stupid girls' clothes?"
    "Why are you wearing those stupid mens' clothes?"
    --Adapted from Donnie Darko

Probably would have been a great opportunity to come out to her, being both your Parents already know!
    "Diane"

You'd think so, Diane, but coming out to her is going to take careful planning. I'll need my parents (or at least my mom) there, and I'll probably have an appointment with my counsellor the day before dedicated strictly to preparing myself for that conversation with her.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. It sounds like you are close to your Sister so she may be more willing to accept the news.
    I would have done anything when I was 19 to let out the news. Now that I'm 47 it,s kind of difficult to even consider.
    Had this forum been around when I was younger and see how many of US are out there, It would have been totally different.
    Good Luck!
    Last edited by diane59; 06-05-2007 at 11:05 AM. Reason: ADD ON
    "Diane"

Time is on your side, no need to rush things. Just make sure it is okay with your parents. No need to jeopardize anything.

A
    [SIZE=4]~ASHLEIGH~[/SIZE]
    Finis Origine Pendet (The end depends upon the beginning)

I have an older sister and a younger brother, but I'm a lot closer to my sister since she's only 11 months older, while my brother is 3 years younger.
    However, I don't know how she would take it if I were to tell her.
    I just don't know.

None of my family or relatives know, but I have told two friends (A male who's gay and a GG) and thats it.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

The obvious question for me is: Are you sure she doesn't know already and was trying to open up a conversation with you about this? It seems to me, from what you have written here, that perhaps she does know and is trying to give you every opportunity to come forth with the news. Are you willing to come forth yourself with why this is such an issue between you and your sister?

SarahLynn

Quote Originally Posted by SarahLynn View Post
    The obvious question for me is: Are you sure she doesn't know already and was trying to open up a conversation with you about this? It seems to me, from what you have written here, that perhaps she does know and is trying to give you every opportunity to come forth with the news. Are you willing to come forth yourself with why this is such an issue between you and your sister?

SarahLynn
    I was waiting for a reply like yours, and I know my family well enough to know what would happen if she found out without me being aware of it. She would go to my mom, my mom would not confirm or deny anything, and then my mom would come to me. She might not say anything about my sister already knowing, but she would start to encourage me to talk to my sister about it. So far, there's been nothing of that sort. Both my parents appear to be of the opinion that I should wait and not tell her for a while.

PS--We're getting a little off topic here, too. My intention was to discuss these conversations in a comical light, not with all this seriousness. In the past, I've started other threads on coming out to her. This one was just supposed to be funny.

[SIZE="3"]Valerie, I feel your Humor Gurl! I know what you mean about the irony.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]