Thread: My Trip to the Mall

Member Since July 2006

My Trip to the Mall

My wife is at the in-laws this week so Randi has been out of the suitcase. Monday I got dressed in jeans, 2 inch sandals, and a long sleeve top and went to the MAC store at the Florida Mall where they did a makeup lesson on me before going to Eureka Springs in April. I was concerned that my eyes that seem to disappear so I got a refresher lesson.

The MAC staff are all very supportive and fun to be around - they offer good tips on how to look so we all should consider their stores to be a safe haven (they also have a restroom!). This store has a staff with the most cleavage I have seen outside a topless bar and 2 of the gayest guys I have ever been around so being yourself in that store is not considered out-of-place. They measure sales revenue and understand that our money is as green as anyone elses.

After the session, I strolled around the mall and did not hear any comments but I am sure I did not fool anyone that looked hard enough. Pulling your shoulders back and taking "proud" steps does make a difference.

I wound-up buying a Dead Sea Nail file kit because the kiosh girl was so nice and a hair brush so my wig does not come apart and headed home. I was surprised that it was much easier than expected and it seems that your own attitude is the biggest variable in your presentation.

I did the same thing Weds morning and went to Walmart and Vic Secret. The VS girl was very helpful but it seems that all of the pretty bras stop at size 36 or 38 so there is a downside to being "too blessed". I did buy a 40C at WM for $9.00 so the trip was not wasted. I find my calves are killing me due to so much time in high heels!

These were my first experiences out in the daylight outside of a conference so I am being more courageous. I am surprised that no one comments or seems surprised so maybe we are all more paranoid than is justified. I guess I am becoming less concerned about being caught - I could have worse faults you know!

It is always fun to hear about other experiences being "out there" so I thought I would share. Thanks to the posts from Karren and Deidra for boosting my confidence and courage.

Shopping is so fun. I enjoy shopping for KarenMichelle both as my male self and as KM.

Glad you gas such a good time!

I am gald you had a good time at the Mall & Walmart and everything went well. Shopping as a chick is fun!

[SIZE="3"]WOW Randi that sounds like so much fun!![/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Oh goodie.. another confirmed mall shopper! To bad you're on the right coast.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]