Thread: Advice on Getting a Makeover

Advice on Getting a Makeover

I have scheduled a M.A.C. makeover in the mall for next Tuesday at 11:00. This will be a first for me. Actually, it will be the first time in public in the daytime. I am considering going in male clothes to get the makeover. I would take other clothes to dress after and then spend some time there before coming home. My big problem is the logistics. The makeup counter is near the mall entrance on the first floor. The makeover will be done in public, although not in the direct view of everyone coming in the store. I think I will need to go to another floor to dress. Short of wearing a bag over my head while going to the dressing room, what would you suggest I do? I really need some advice before I chicken out.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna506 View Post
    I have scheduled a M.A.C. makeover in the mall for next Tuesday at 11:00. This will be a first for me. Actually, it will be the first time in public in the daytime. I am considering going in male clothes to get the makeover. I would take other clothes to dress after and then spend some time there before coming home. My big problem is the logistics. The makeup counter is near the mall entrance on the first floor. The makeover will be done in public, although not in the direct view of everyone coming in the store. I think I will need to go to another floor to dress. Short of wearing a bag over my head while going to the dressing room, what would you suggest I do? I really need some advice before I chicken out.
    [SIZE=4]I had the same dilemma last year, went to the makeover in boy mode and had it done in full public view. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I got quite a few funny looks, but nothing to worry about. I even went out into the street for a cigarette wearing the makeup still in boy mode.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]To change I simply went over to the rest room opposite the store and changed in there, luckily it had a full length mirror in it.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I then just walked off to a train station and traveled to my destination.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]The MAC girls will offer to remove all of the makeup after you are done too.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Funnily enough I booked another makeover this afternoon for Friday next week, I'll be doing exactly the same again.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Don't worry about it, just enjoy it! You're not doing anything wrong.[/SIZE]
    I am a TV repair man, if I cant cure me nobody can!

MAC Makeover

My Suggestion is to go dressed. I've had several makeovers at MAC counters before and I always went dressed. One point to consider is that make up colors are usually coordinated, with your clothes. Two it will help for the MAC artist to see how you look enfemme, hair color etc;

Huggs, Renee

well i had a good shave had got dressed at home everything i wanted to wear that day heels and all ...and just went for my makeover she did a real good job and i felt so good after spent the day at the mall it was great
    i felt so bad when i had to remove the makeup for bed
    so if you can just go dresses

Quote Originally Posted by renee k View Post
    My Suggestion is to go dressed. I've had several makeovers at MAC counters before and I always went dressed. One point to consider is that make up colors are usually coordinated, with your clothes. Two it will help for the MAC artist to see how you look enfemme, hair color etc;

Huggs, Renee
    [SIZE=4]The MAC girls here in the UK ask us to bring pictures and examples of what we want to achieve/wear.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]They describe them as Visuals.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I'm planning to use my wig this time as it's the most important thing in my transformation.[/SIZE]
    I am a TV repair man, if I cant cure me nobody can!

This is a good question as I almost did it in Las Vegas, but opted for one at the Glamour Boutique instead. But I'm still thinking of doing whta you are proposing back here.

My thought would be wear a pair of girlie jeans (I do all the time anyway) and carry a pair of heels in with you. Wear a plain blouse or a dressy Tshirt with a bra underneath. Put on a light windbreaker/nylon jacket to cover up if you like.

As the makeover continues, switch your shoes, slide in some breast forms and pop on your wig. An easy transformation. In as a boy, out as a girl.

Darn Kristen, you beat me to the punch!

Yeah, just come in 70% fem and add the rest during or afterwards.
    Sally

Lordy. I would NEVER do something like that. Good for all of you - I admire your courage!

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    =====================

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen Marie View Post
    This is a good question as I almost did it in Las Vegas, but opted for one at the Glamour Boutique instead. But I'm still thinking of doing whta you are proposing back here.
    A few comments:

1.) Kristen Marie (or anybody for all that matters): if you ever decide to do it in Vegas, the girls (well, girls and one guy) at the MAC counter I went to in Vegas are very accommodating!!! If you do this in Vegas, ask for Lindsey at Nordstrom's MAC counter at Fashion Show Mall. (Although I didn't have a make-over there, tell her the couple that was in a few weeks ago (and who promised to emal a photo in the not too distant future) recommended her -- or ask for the young man that works there and tell him the man that was doing the "reverse wedding" recommended him -- he knows a lot about proper concealment, like even with a close shave, concealing the blue tint of your beard. Anyway, before I did this, regardless of where, I'd suggest you go in and get to know several members of the staff to see who you think you might be most comfortable with!!!

2.) Next, right before you go, do a close shave. Once you get to the store I would go to the store's bathroom and go over everything with an electric razor. For this I strongly recommend a Norelco that uses Nivea lotion (dispenses as you shave). I end the shave by squirting some extra Nivea in my hand and going over my entire face.

3.) Knowing where the bathrooms are, you will know if they have a "family-unisex" bathroom -- that would be my choice as a changing place. Otherwise, I'd just use the regular bathrom. I've known some to go and change in their car -- and if you familiarize yourself with the store, try and park at a convienient exit to the parking deck.

4.) I'd wear very neutral casual clothing. I always wear Gap women's jeans or London Jeans from VS. You could wear a bra, then put in forms and slip your wig on when you are through -- the make-up artist should want to see your wig to get a better understanding of your natural coloring. Wear (IMO) a decent, but not too good t-shirt. When your make-up is done and wig is on (and you've slipped your forms in your bra), you'll look like a lot of GG's out on a normall shopping trip until you can get someplace to change. Many GG's don't dress-up for a trip to the mall -- wearing a hot or slinky/sassy outfit calls attention to yourself when you want to blend in. Maybe a lighweight jersey-type material top, either way getting make-up on it won't matter.

5.) Actually, the busier the mall, the better -- people don't seem to "people-watch" as much when a mall is packed. Either way, just go for it!!! You'll feel so'ooo great once you've done it!!!! As you can see in my picture, I wear a short wig -- this was common-sense advice from my wife, and I wouldn't mind wearing it in to an appointment.

6.) Have fun!!! A busy mall is usually a safe place!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Donna506 View Post
    I have scheduled a M.A.C. makeover in the mall for next Tuesday at 11:00.
    Gosh, Donna -- are you doing this is Raleigh??? I'm going to be near Rutherfordton and would love to go with you and get a make-over myself. (There's always safety in numbers!) How far a drive is it from Rutherfordton to Raleigh???

Oh yeah, shoes to wear to your appointment . . . if you go casual, then wear casual & comfortable. I like to wear Sketcher tennis shoes -- or maybe Me Too flats. (Again, "blending in" is the key. You don't see that many GGs wearing 5 inch MMFMP shoes to the mall!)

Quote Originally Posted by Andreamfor View Post
    Lordy. I would NEVER do something like that. Good for all of you - I admire your courage!
    Oh come on . . you ARE very pretty!!! My wife was looking at your picture yesterday and said something to the effect that (a.) if I was younger AND (b.) if I had natural beauty, I "might, just might" look something like you. Sheesh! Oh well, it was a compliment for you!!!

Makeover

Barbara, Rutherfordton is 200+ miles to the mall mostly on I-40. My appointment is at 11:00. I had to make an appointment. If you are serious about coming, I will give you the number to call for an appointment.

whatever works for you _ I would recommend having the makeover dressed - the stylists tend to use your look as a basis for their creativity - just make sure you are comfortable and enjoy the experience - I did mine en femme in full public view and it wasn't a big deal for the SA or the other customers!

Mike