Thread: A morning make-over

A morning make-over

Yesterday was Gay Pride in Pittsburgh. I made my plans carefully to participate fully. By prior arrangement I met my hairdresser at 8:30 AM, and gave her carte blanche to improve my appearance. She washed my hair, and put me in the chair and the magic began. My hair is long. She curled and styled it until it fell in soft waves around my face, and put my bangs over to one side. It was fantastic! Then she scrubbed all of my makeup off, and gave me a complete make-over with her makeup. She paid a lot of attention to my eyes, which are bright blue. When the magic was completed 90 minutes from when it began, I simply could not believe what I looked like. At risk of boasting, I was simply gorgeous for an 'older' girl! She gave me some of the makeup, and tons of tips. I later treated myself to a nice breakfast at the William Penn Hotel in Pittsbugh, used the ladies room there, then marched in the parade and later worked the Transpitt both at the festival.

There is simply no feeling like watching your hair being curled in a curling iron in the mirror in the hands of an expert. it was one of the most femmy experiences in my life. I am lucky to still have my hair, and down my back, at this advanced age. I have decided that whenever I have a 'special' date or am going to any gathering, my first stop will be at the beauty shop to get a repeat treatment. There is nothing like it!

Silver Member
    Dear Joycie,

I do this a lot. When I want to look especially good, I make an apointment that morning at my hairdresser's. It just takes one more worry out of my mind. I don't do the makeup thing though, although I could, I suppose. I usually want to use a minimum of makeup.

Lovies,
    Steph