Thread: Brew fest

Brew fest

WOW! A couple weeks ago my SO and I attended our favorite brew fest in Harrisburg, PA. It's sponsored by Troegs Brewery, it's always totally packed with people, and all the money raised goes to benefit research on Cystic Fibrosis. This year I went to the fest "dressed' ... it was SO FUN!! Lots of fun people, music, and beer. One sweet lady asked my wife if I was a man ... she said "Shhhh ... it's a secret!" We had such a great time. Later we went to our fave bar to hang out and have dinner. I got to wear so many pretty things! Two whole days dressed up and hanging out with my incredibly wonderful SO!!!

I wouldn't dare go to a beer festival dressed. I have enough trouble getting home as it is.

We went to a wonderful little microbrewery and the Arcadia National Forest, Lawren was partially en femme. He had a nice tourquoise blouse on with a turquoise necklace and moss agate earrings I made him, with a pair of nice shoes. (Don't panic Karen but Lawren wore bluejeans!)
    We had fun at the brewey most of folks were ok, after the initial glances, and the flavors in the tasting were...ummm...tempting! Yes, we got some wonderful brew to enjoy...it won't last near long enough I fear!
    The Arcadia National Park was beautiful, wonderful, breathtaking.... I was throughly captivated by the place. However, I don't want to ever go back to see it with those tourists! If glances could fry....Lawren woulda been sizzled, and I gave glances right back.
    By the end of the day, my stomach was a knot...but we still had a wonderful day!
    that I am !!!

Quote Originally Posted by mskilmer View Post
    WOW! A couple weeks ago my SO and I attended our favorite brew fest in Harrisburg, PA. It's sponsored by Troegs Brewery, it's always totally packed with people, and all the money raised goes to benefit research on Cystic Fibrosis. This year I went to the fest "dressed' ... it was SO FUN!! Lots of fun people, music, and beer. One sweet lady asked my wife if I was a man ... she said "Shhhh ... it's a secret!" We had such a great time. Later we went to our fave bar to hang out and have dinner. I got to wear so many pretty things! Two whole days dressed up and hanging out with my incredibly wonderful SO!!!
    So glad you had a great time mskilmer. It's so nice to be out and about while being your self.

And Kerry. If I were you I'd not let what others do affect you like that. You can't change them. We all here will be long dead before any CD will be accepted by the majority.

One lady at the brewery couldn't keep her eyes off of me and one man gave me a real good once over with his eyes but no one said anything. There was some small talk exchanged with a few people throughout the day but no one mentioned how I was dressed at all. It was as if the whole subject was tabboo. I was a bit nervous about it all but that was all for nought.

BTW. I was wearing wedges with Roman style straps that you wrap around your leg and tie up. VERY comfy.
    Last edited by Lawren; 07-04-2007 at 06:12 PM.

If anyone has ever been to the Oktoberfest they would have noticed all the ladies don't necessarily wear dirndls, quite a few can be found wearing lederhosen. Of course it has always been my dream to attend wearing a dirndl.

Also in the PA area is the Ferry festival. I was there two years ago and saw many. Some of the bolder dressers in bikini outfits and wings got a few comments, but all in all everyone is very nice. It takes place on a farm in Glen Rock, PA so you probably would want to leave the heals at home.

I've always had such a great time in Harrisburg while dressed! The brew fest was a personal goal for me and it was lovely! YAY! Yes, a couple of people "made" me but we talked and they we SO friendly. Nobody really cared. My SO had a blast, too. Can't wait til next summer!! Maybe we'll try to hit a few more before then.

Life is so short ... LIVE IT!