Thread: Breast forms revisited

Breast forms revisited

People say that the really large forms can not be attached. Is it because the back of the form tears under the stress? Is it because the form will break down somewhere in the middle because of the stress? Is it because
    the our chest skin won't take the weight of the form? Is it because the adhesive won't take the weight? Please inform.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnne A View Post
    People say that the really large forms can not be attached. Is it because the back of the form tears under the stress? Is it because the form will break down somewhere in the middle because of the stress? Is it because
    the our chest skin won't take the weight of the form? Is it because the adhesive won't take the weight? Please inform.
    There is more than one style of very large form. Some of them are weight-reduced; those ones will not necessarily have a smooth back surface that adhesive would stick to (e.g., they might be a "waffle" pattern).

Very large forms that do have a suitable surface for adhesive: you might not be able to find an adhesive able to hold the weight.

Some of the large forms are available with attachment systems; I've seen more than one adhesion technology for forms designed as "attachable".

Note that if you use adhesive with large forms, the weight of rhe form is pulling the skin forward, and at pressure points and around the edge of the forms (which is a place at which the tension is not evenly distributed), you might get some micro blood vessel bursting (the "hickey" effect), leading to red dots under the skin at those places. With large forms, you have to expect that if you wear them attached, that for a day or two afterwards, the outline of the form might show up until you heal. If the adhesive turns out not to be enough to hold the form, then as the form pulls off, this boundary may move, so you may get a bit of a ring, not just an outline.

Tess answered it pretty well, but it's not the form that causes the problem, but the weight of it. So if you got a large form that was lightweight (and they do exist), it would definitely hold.

It's the sweat and skin on the body, and need for something temporary but strong, and physics / gravity. I put the near largest ones on (attached) for a couple hours (with bra) but they wouldn't have lasted more than 10 minutes if I didn't have that support. So they sway / move with me, but I can't go braless.

I believe that the realistic max. for forms which would attach AND stay nicely would be about 2 lbs/form, but I've never measured.

Best adhesive for attachment?? Liquid? Dbl. sided tapes?
    Hollisters?? Please inform?

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnne A View Post
    Best adhesive for attachment?? Liquid? Dbl. sided tapes?
    Hollisters?? Please inform?
    Not double-sided tape -- at least none I've encountered.

Relevant previous discussion:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...22&postcount=8
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...3&postcount=13
    (the second is just further down in the same discussion as the first)

I have several sets of forms of various sizes. I have several self adhesive, and an equal number of regular forms. I have had good sucess with 3 M super 77 spray adhesive. Residue can be removed with Varsol, turpentine or paint thinner. I have never had long term reaction to the glue or the remover. I did have serious chem burn from the form adhesive. w.