Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of you have SO that participate or help with your Cding?

I am a lucky one

My wife helps me out. She recently bought me new bras and a new babydoll nightie from VS. I am so excited. I can't wait for it to get here. She let's me dress up like a girl 4 nights each week and sleep in panties every night.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I've actually had someone email me once and tell me that my marriage/relationship with my wife Marla GG is legendary in the cding community. Well I don't know about that .... but my wife is extremely supportive of my crossdresing because she likes to see me wearing women's clothes because she likes feminine men (me in particular). She looked to date a crossdresser before she met me and has told me several times that she could never be with a "regular guy" ever again.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

My current s/o has know from the start, although it was a learning process for her, you know, books and what not off the net. She said she was facinated with it at first and came to like it. She helps me when ever she can. She buys things for me when I'm least exspecting it and she knows it thrills me. I don't dress all the time but when I do she is very complimenting. I'm sure it is 50 % courtesy to make me feel some what at ease in front of her. She love to share my jewerly and wears some of it to work. She also likes to wear some of clothing. She knows I like to see herin it. I always tell her things like " how come you always seem to look better then I do when you wear this". She also like to hear me share my deepest feeling with her.
    She is truly one special woman in my life.
    Best Wishes Always,
    Diannna

" A Friend is someone, who knows all about you,
    and likes you anyway " (Aut. Unknown)

I had one that helped me out the front door. But It really horked out great for me

Michelle liz

girl next door
    I started a thread a week or so ago about my wife's first time participating in my dressing, and really trying to accept (though it's still a bit of a challenge for her). Hopefully this acceptance thingy will continue and grow.
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

mine is the same

Quote Originally Posted by sparks View Post
    Known for eight years and even to think about it horrifes her.
    i have been married 32 years she has known for 31 she hates it we don,t talk about it but she is my best friend
    jackie

Quote Originally Posted by Maddie View Post
    My wife has known for a long time 34 yrs but was in denial

5 yrs ago we came to an understanding and it has been great since

she shops for me (picks things out and says go try it on (giggle))

she has just started going out with me recently and is having fun with the gurls

huggs Maddie
    Whoah Maddie,

We have lots in common... I told my wife 36 years ago, just two years after our wedding. I didn't tel her before because I wrongly assumed that my CDing would go away with regular sex ativities...

My wife at first thought that it was simply some sort of fetishism. But when she realised the it was more than that, she went into denial and refused to talk about the subject.

Lately, I have changed my attitude and become more self acceptong. She has of course noticed. At first she wasn't too happy. But recently, she has slightly been more oen minded towards it. The fact that now our two children and their SOs are informed about my X-Dressing made her feel less nervous that they might discover it...

Just last week, I had a serious health incident... I passed away while going to a meeting in Brussels (I live in Nice...) I was sent to an hospital. On the evening my wife was waiting for me at the airport. When I didn't turn out she started to panick... She imagined that I could have been assaulted while going out "en femme" as she knows I do when I am in Brussels. She called the police in Brussels asking them about assaults, even mentionning that I might have been dressed "en femme"...

This really surprised me as so far she had been quite modest on this subject.

I feel that she has come a long way... And I can understand that it wasn't easy for her.

She isn't yet shopping with me or for me... But she accepts that I shop and have my closet full of women clothes... She just complains a little that I spend so much on skirts and blouses...

All the best for you and your wife.

Eugenie

Smile

my wife had an idea i might be a crossdresser before we got married . she mentioned dressing me up one night .then about painting my toe nails . and when she did my nails i told her . she really wasn't shocked instead she was very helpfull . she buy's me clothes and has helped with makeup . we have been out twice and we had fun . i guess i am one lucky guy and i let her know it .

I told my wife, Kerry, before we even started dating and she is very accepting and helpful. In her own words; "There are a lot of worse things that a man can do".

My wife knows all about my dressing and is growing more and more accepting every day.

We do go shopping sometimes, we will pick out lingerie together. Then we go dress shopping for her. She always gets nice desses that I only wish that I could get matching ones. But she is not ready for that. I can't really blame her. A woman thinking about her husband in a dress, I would think that would be kinda disturbing. I must say that we both really do enjoy our shopping trips.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

My wife is very involved in my cding. She buys more outfits for me than herself.

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    Since I came out to my wife things have only gotten better with us, something about 100% honesty and trust does that is guess

Any way since our fledgling has left the nest I can and do pretty much dress as often as I want and she always flits around me and especially loves using her makeup on me...

Seems she now enjoys the company of a girl friend and a husband...

Banned Read only

My So

My SO knows about my "hobby". She wants nothing to do with it. I can only dress when she is not around. Maybe some day she will come to the concussion its not that big of a deal if I like to dress as a women.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    My SO knows about my "hobby". She wants nothing to do with it. I can only dress when she is not around. Maybe some day she will come to the concussion its not that big of a deal if I like to dress as a women.
    I look forward to that day too Pat,

Mitch

Dutch girl in Switzerland aka.laura's Avatar
    My wife knows about my CDing since about 25 years. She had to get used to it ofcourse but she's very supportive and understanding and actually likes it when Laura enters the bedroom ;o) There are sides of me she definitely likes better in fem-mode than in guy-mode. We go shopping together like (I think) two girlfriends, she uses my makeup and we wear eachothers clothes. I'm happy with that.
    Guys are better with makeup. They know what they like on a girl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

my wife knew well before we were married.she is very
    supportive.many things that happened in her life makes
    her feel very secure with karen.
    hug,karen...

SO cooperative?

My wife caught me about 7 years ago. Hates that I CD. Got me to go to male sexual problems counseling. Refuses to discuss cd. Wants me to throw out most of my wardrobe. There is no way I am parting with 20 pair of high heels.

However recently she has mellowed slightly. Did not insist on purging all my girlie clothes--just most of them. She did not discard the dresses she found in the back of my closet.
    "I married a man--the thought of you wearing a dress turns me off! "

Quote Originally Posted by sarah378619 View Post
    My So was very open to my cding until our children started figuring things out. Now we don't talk about it much. i would like us to share my cding , but I know not to push. I was just curious on how many of you girls have SO that encourage or enjoy your cding. God bless all who have SO's that can .
    Sarah
    I would not say my SO "encourages" or "enjoys" my Cd'ing but she is there when I need her in any aspect of my Cd;ing. We shop together & she supports me in my other life as a CD'er. I can do pretty much anything I want & when ever I want without having to ask her. This takes out the stress & worries & makes it a normal part of my life.

I'm a supportive SO

Hi all! This is my first post!

Even as a supportive SO I think I'd find it more difficult when my partners CDing may have an impact on others particuarly children.

We don't have children but I can imagine that although I'm very accepting, I would want to establish ground rules when it came to what the children or told or not told. I'm sure there are parents out there who can provide advice on how and what to tell children.

You said that you know not to push and I think you are right with this but don't sweep it under the carpet. I really appreciate the patience my boyfriend showed me as although ultimately there may be acceptance the path to it can be long and hard.

My partner didn't make his CDing all about him - he always thought about how it affected me too and this really really helped. He was always supportive and understanding about how I was feeling and didn't just expect me to be of him.

It shouldn't be a one way street and before we went shopping for him, we went shopping for me. A new outfit for him usually means one for me too so you don't get complaints from either of us!!

If you give her what she needs then you've got more chance of getting what you need too. CDing shouldn't just be on your terms you need to discuss and agree jointly as it affects both of you.

Good luck!

ps I would suggest you look for acceptance and support as I think it is rare to find a SO who 'enjoys' it as such.
    Last edited by Sally; 07-19-2007 at 08:52 PM.

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaitlin View Post
    My wife has known about Kaitlin from the first week we started dating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylonkaren View Post
    I told my wife to be about my other self before we married.
    I'd place my wife and me with Kaitlin and Karen. I told my wife about my dressing while we were dating -- I guess the best way to put it is that as soon as I saw we were getting what I call "marriage serious," I told her!!! I eased her into it and all went great!!!

Our marriage was the second marriage for both of us -- we both had, respectively, been married to our first spouses for 24 years each. Basically, my wife knew practically nothing about "mtf heterosexual crossdressing." In fact, about the only thing she knew about crossdressing of any kind was from the entertainment sector where CDing was part of a (usually comedic) plot (Mrs. Doubtfire, Tootsie, Victor Victoria, Connie and Carla, Ed Wood, To Wong Foo).

Quote Originally Posted by Diane1950 View Post
    I'm one of the lucky ones. My wife is totally accepting and encouraging.
    I'm one of the lucky ones, too, without ANY doubt!!!!!!! My wife and I met over the internet and dated "long distance," -- huge phone bills, long emails, and 4-to-5 years worth of miles on the car in just a year!!! Once I felt we were heading into a "marriage serious" direction, I playfully emailed her that I loved the feeling of silky against silky. Well, long story short, she basically wanted to know what I meant, and I told her that I loved the feeling of "silk against silk," and "nylon against nylon," and "satin against satin." I gulped and went on to factually tell her that I thought it would be quite sexy for us to both wear nightgowns, panties and thigh highs to bed. I told her I loved the feel, for example, of "silky legs against silky legs." Her response was she guessed we could try it. Not a bad attitude for a neophyte, huh?!!! The next weekend we did dinner and shopping, then to a hotel suite where I had prepared a romantic setting with flowers, candles, soft music, and a bottle of champagne chilling! The first time she saw me dressed -- we had gone to Macy's and bought matching nighties, thigh highs, panties, and even decided it would be fun to wear maching MMFMP shoes -- her first comment was that it took a real man to show this side of himself to another!!! It was great!!!!!!! That was quite an evening, and from there, I proceeded to tell her (at her desired pace) my life history as a crossdresser, and my feelings of having a "second self." She had some of the usual questions so many of us have heard, but from having virtually no knowledge of crossdressing, she quickly became a defender of CDing (and the unfairness of what GG's can wear sans comment and attitudes that such is perfectly acceptable for a GG). The thing that struck me the most was her quick realization that much of what she was growing to love about me was an obvious extension of my feminine side!

(When we were engaged, I still took it slowly so as to not overwhelm her -- IMHO, regardless of what one says, you've got to pace things when its all new!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    She doesn't participate in my shopping either. I know how to shop, too. Wow. Am I a grownup? Yup! Stephenie
    Of course I can shop for myself. And, my wife can shop for herself. That said, it is really nice when we buy each other a gift of feminine clothing from time-to-time -- it doesn't mean either of us doesn't know how to shop for themselves, just a sign that we care for each other enough to want to do things to make the other happy. Just last week my wife found a top that she knew would go great with a skirt I had recently purchased and she bought the top and gave it to me -- a clear sign of acceptance and encouragement in my book!!! IMHO, you've got to be selfless and caring -- and that, in turn, will reap incredible dividends above and beyond what "not being so" would or wouldn't produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillm View Post
    My wife is very involved in my cding. She buys more outfits for me than herself.
    In fact, I am so appreciative of my wife -- for her acceptance, encouragement, and participation -- that I often find it is wise -- extremely wise -- to buy my wife two outfits for every one I buy for myself!!!

It is so very heartwarming to see so many who have SO's that encourage and participate! I however am not one of those lucky ones. We don't discuss it, I dress even less than before because of time issues and few opportunities, and generally remain frustrated. I am happy for those who have a relationship in which there is actual communication about imporant topics rather than unsaid non-acceptance. If it wasn't for this, I believe that my SO would be wonderful. She is smart, witty, beautiful and insightful. I can only think that the CD thing is so terrifying to her that it is on the banned subject list.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

My wife of 36 years has always known. At first she felt insecure, but, for many years now she has actively participated. She goes with me to purchase my clothing and to give me her opinion on what looks good. And God help the sales person that looks at me funny. She and I feel very confortable with each other. She likes to play the male (Robin) to my "Ari".

Supportive SO

I'm a GG and support my husband completely. It did however took a while for me to accept it. Not the dressing itself, but I was really naive on the CD's area. I though back than, if you liked to dress,you automatically wanted a sex change. Never understanding the "other"side of it all.

My husband is very comfortable as a man and a husband. Of course he's gorgeous as a woman or as a man..........some people got all the luck!!!LOL. It took a few years to get where we're at now. He's still a bit insecure thinking that I accept it just cause he wants me too, but I wouldn't and couldn't possibly do something I didn't agree with. It's just not me. I realized I was wrong and became supportive and our relationship grew. How do you know until you give it a try. I love the side of Angelina; soft, talkative, open minded,kinky, gentle. For him it's more of a fetish, so we experiment and play together. I'm more of the dominant one in the relationship Of course I'm a beginner in this area, but I'm willing to learn. Just hope he will be patient enough to learn with me.

We all have to try before knowing if it's our cup of tea. It's my cup of tea, I enjoy the control I get and the buzz I get from being in control. He thinks I'm just doing it to please him! But the truth is I get cranky when I can't dominate for a while. It gets my frustrations out!!!LOL. Maybe I should go professional: now there's one way of getting experience fast

I'm a supportive SO it took me a while and some hurt to get where I am today but with a lot of talking and give and take on both sides we got there, where is there? Her living 24/7 as a woman and me by her side.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

BriannaD formerly Alyssa

will know soon enough

My only wife thought I must be gay because I enjoyed dressing. She was not open to it at all. Currently dating someone very special and am going to tell. Hope she stays and supports.