Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing and your wife

My wife new before we were married. She doesn't care as long as I don't do it in front of the kids. And yes, it's been in the bedroom too.

Smile Wife's Tolerant

[SIZE="3"]My wife is tolerant about my crossdressing. She doesn't mind panties, nail polish or the camis. She doesn't like me with a skirt on. She knows I hang with CDs but doesn't know that I have been out in public many times. I won't push this on her. I'm happy that she's partially accepting. She even borrows some of my clothes .

I never felt shame or guilt about crossdressing. It's not a problem with me.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

My GF is ok with my CDing. Her only request is that I not wear a bra to bed. Since she knows I like to dress after work our comprise is she undress me for bed - Betti

Wink The article in the link is about sin, not neccesarily mates...

[SIZE="3"]:I agree with Holly, (Hey Holly!). I've read this one before and it bugs me just as much now as it did the first time I read it. This guy wrote an article about how he used to be a CD'er and was convicted of it, so he stopped doing it. Therefore, in his eyes, across the board, crossdressing is a sin against God and needs to be dealt with and all those participating in it need to turn or they cannot count themselves as Christians - at least that's certainly the impression given off. I think that's a bit absurd and presumptious.

I firmly believe sin is different for most of us and that's what the article is about. I don't feel like I'm doing anything wrong or anything against God by doing this little hobby, or whatever, and thus I don't see it as something that God is going to scowl at me about. If I was convicted of it and felt it was wrong, then yes, I would stop doing it. The same is true of gambling, drinking excessively, dog fighting, and stealing cable. Whatever you feel ashamed about when dealing with God, that's probably what you need to change.

As for my wife, she's been much better with this, although we're in a bit of a slump again lately, but things will snap back I'm sure. It's summer, it's hot, there's too much going on.

And Karen, I like the line you had about "what sex?" Sometimes it don't matter what you wear, do it?

I heard a comedian say once that there was no reason for any woman to have an unfulfilled sexual fantasy, because pretty much anything she wanted to do, a man would do it - and that's so true! He had the audience rolling laughing, and said, "you want me to dress up like a fireman? I'm there! A cop? No problem? A burglar? I can do that! A gorilla in a fireman outfit who's wearing a mask looking to rob your house? You got it! Let's just have some sex!" Everytime I think of that, it keeps ringing true - now if it were only the same if the tables were turned...[/SIZE]

I am getting more comfortable with the CDing again...

it is hard to dismiss such a huge part of the person you love. If I feel like I don't want to be around it ALL the time i let Carin know. We have a good relationship and communication. Bottom line is I love her in my heart and soul regardless of what she decides to wear. Our love comes from the inner soul of who we are. And if you believe in a Higher Power then I think that Higher Power will be very glad to see such love between two people.

As for sex....no problem there (no matter what she is wearing, lol)

Louise.
    Last edited by Carin's Wife GG; 07-23-2007 at 02:14 PM. Reason: added

My wife of 23 years is very accepting of my crosdressing, despite the fact that I hid it for the first 14 years. So far as our sex life, it was pretty much nonexistent due to medical problems before I came out.

I have always regarded sin as hurting others, being wanton or wasteful. An action that does not fall into one of the three aboves catagories I do not consider sinful. If someone else finds something sinful, it is up to them to refrain from that action, not to tell me that I will suffer eternal damnation for not accepting their definition of sin.
    One's true gender is in the heart and soul, not one's anatomy.

Your brain...don't leave home without it!Maureen

I must confess that when I first replied I had not read the article. It makes uncomfortable reading and is exactly where my wife is. She feels that it can be cured by prayer and counselling. Interestingly, he does not hide behind Deut 22:5, he acknowledges that at least 2% of church populations are CDers and highlights his own struggle and deliverance.

If sin is falling short of the mark then I guess I am a sinner. I have absolutely no doubt that God loves me and is not really that bothered that I CD. I guess the ultimate issue is whether it enhances my relationship with my beautiful wife or damages it. The jury is still out on that one and I guess I will be called to reckoning on my last day by the big fellah

love Mitch

Great! I have been waiting for a oppurtunity to express a few ideas! First I was a christian for many years...now I am a child of God. I have had many years of theology and have debated almost everything to some point beyond ridiculus. Modern Christianity doesn't work for me anymore. I have a wonderfull relationship with a God of my understanding, and she has blessed me with the wisdom and courage to express myself as I trully am. And she has put wonderfull caring souls in front of me to guide and comfort me. One of them is my wife. When I met my wife she bargained for a man that had a closet full of gowns and lingerie. She accepted the man and was happy to borrow a dress now and then. 22 yrs later man is now wanting to express himself to others and wife stands behind man. The WOMAN that lives in the house when the man isn't there doesnt pay rent and leaves all kinds of makeup and other clutter all over the house. But the man is somehow worth the woman. My wife is a saint.... We have learned how to manage with all kinds of new parameters and issues. We work it out becuase we love each other! And as Bill and Ted would say we are excellent to each other.

Melissa

[SIZE=3]My wife does not like wig or makeup on me....which is not a problem for me, because I got longer hair anyways and my face is more like the one from Arnold Schwarzenegger.....THAT would look really strange...wouldn't you think so ??

In and out of the house I usually wear jeans skirts..T-shirts and..of course...my fine lingerie
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]It is Snowing Down South...[/SIZE]

sin is an interesting theory...

my uncle is a Dominican priest. A wonderful thoughful man. His idea of sin is that which harms others from ones own will. I cannot see being TG as a harm to oneself or others. It is , for most, a part of who that person is and if that person lives their life in kindness and with generosity how can that person be sinful?

Louise.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    [SIZE=3]:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I heard a comedian say once that there was no reason for any woman to have an unfulfilled sexual fantasy, because pretty much anything she wanted to do, a man would do it - and that's so true! He had the audience rolling laughing, and said, "you want me to dress up like a fireman? I'm there! A cop? No problem? A burglar? I can do that! A gorilla in a fireman outfit who's wearing a mask looking to rob your house? You got it! Let's just have some sex!" Everytime I think of that, it keeps ringing true - now if it were only the same if the tables were turned...[/SIZE]
    LOL how funny. Actually women are more adventurous than you might think when it comes to dressing up in the bedroom. I think the problem that some women might have when it comes to making love to their partner dressed as a lady, is that he/she might be more worried about how he/she looks and not the actual act of making love to their spouse. We women like to be the centre of attention when our partners are giving us some sexual attention. As for my partner dressing as a gorilla in a firemans outfit, I expect that would be just fine as long as he gave me time to get over my fit of laughter and wasn't hurt or turned off by it.
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by Carin's Wife GG View Post
    my uncle is a Dominican priest. A wonderful thoughful man. His idea of sin is that which harms others from ones own will. I cannot see being TG as a harm to oneself or others. It is , for most, a part of who that person is and if that person lives their life in kindness and with generosity how can that person be sinful?

Louise.
    Yes true, but in actual fact, in Gods eyes we all fall way short of the perfect mark so its more a case of taking the log out of your own eye before condemning others for what they do.
    Bev
    Last edited by Holly; 07-23-2007 at 04:40 PM. Reason: The EDIT button is your friend. Please use it and not multipost. Thanks

This site really is great, I've been married for 26 years and my wife knows about my CDing, but she sure can't come to terms with why I do. and for that matter I really never could either, but all the situations and responses i have read in here has helped me quite a lot thanks everyone.

Darla

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

CD'ing thru 49 1/2 years of marriage

My dear departed wife knew about my CD activities when we got engaged. As I have reported in other threads, we wore matching white silk lingerie on our wedding day. The only restriction that was put on me was that I would not CD around our 2 children. To the best of my knowledge they still don't know! Of course they are grown up now. My wife and I had 49 1/2 years of a very loving marriage. I think part of the reason for that was because I told her about my CD activities before we were married. Honest communication is always the best way to handle things!

Sissy

More Girl than man

Bev I do agree with you...

none of us is perfect and we can only do our best in generosity and openness of spirit. When I see my husbands/wifes spirit I an enchriched to my soul. It is his/her soul that I join with not the clothes she happens to be wearing.

Louise.

Louise.
    Last edited by Carin's Wife GG; 07-23-2007 at 05:43 PM. Reason: typo

My exwife did have a problem with it and did want me to stop. But she knew about it before we married so, she accepted it as how I am. But she only tolerated it. She didn't like it.

As always, there are words of wisdom to be found here.This subject is what my wife and I have been dealing with lately,and it's been a little hard for her, trying to figure me out.She's gotten to where she doesn't want to talk about it at all.But, from your posts, I see things can work out. Thanx!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Silver Member
    The author of that article STARTED with the idea that CDing was a sin and then tried to justify that from the Bible.

The problem with this that I have, is that to be a Christian, one must read and study and learn the words and teachings of Jesus Christ. That's what Christianity is all about. Jesus Christ said NOTHING about CDing. Jesus Christ said nothing about homosexuality. Jesus Christ DID say a whole lot about love and acceptance of other people, no matter how low or poor or mistaken they might be. Love and acceptance, folks.

If you want to bad enough you can twist the words in the Bible to condemn and hate almost any group different from your self. Read and study the words of Jesus. Leave the hatemongering to sexually bankrupt preachers and demigods.

OK, I'm done now.

Stephie

dressing

I dont really know where to start here-Iam very happily married and a cd (very much in closet). I feel very confused about myself and sometimes my head just spins in confusion. I like wearing womens clothes as I feel comfortable and relaxed. My wife found some lingerie in a cupboard a while back and challenged me as to whose they were- I told her straight they were mine (very sheepish) she was quite obviously shocked but there was no anger. she could see i was embarrassed at what she had found, she asked if i wanted them thrown away, i didnt say anything but she folded them and placed them in my drawer. Nothing has been said on the subject since.
    A couple of weeks ago we went to the theatre in birmingham and half time went for some nibbles-there in the bar area was a full TV with two other women. I mentioned this to the wife over a drink in the pub afterwards and she replied that she has nothing against cd's as long as they did nothing to hurt her. This has made me more confused-could that be an invitation for me to open up? Sally

Quote Originally Posted by sally Dickson View Post
    I dont really know where to start here-Iam very happily married and a cd (very much in closet). I feel very confused about myself and sometimes my head just spins in confusion. I like wearing womens clothes as I feel comfortable and relaxed. My wife found some lingerie in a cupboard a while back and challenged me as to whose they were- I told her straight they were mine (very sheepish) she was quite obviously shocked but there was no anger. she could see i was embarrassed at what she had found, she asked if i wanted them thrown away, i didnt say anything but she folded them and placed them in my drawer. Nothing has been said on the subject since.
    A couple of weeks ago we went to the theatre in birmingham and half time went for some nibbles-there in the bar area was a full TV with two other women. I mentioned this to the wife over a drink in the pub afterwards and she replied that she has nothing against cd's as long as they did nothing to hurt her. This has made me more confused-could that be an invitation for me to open up? Sally
    Sally,

I would percieve this as an opportunity, not an invitation, for you to open up to her. Communication is very important in the success of any relationship, and when we add our CDing into the mix, it becomes paramount. My lovely wife, GlitterGG, has known about my CDing for the last 12 years (since a couple days after we met), and I honestly think that it has been a huge factor in our ability to communicate about any topic, not to mention that we are able to be open and honest with our children when they come to us with questions. Take it slowly with her, and do not try to force her to accept it, it sounds as if she already understands since she folded your lingerie up and put it in your drawer.
    Good Luck darlin'
    Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

My wife has never had a problem with it. And if anything or sex life has increased.

Tiffany
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

At first my wife was okay with it. She used to go shopping for clothes and makeup buying me pains and dresses. She found a website on the Internet where I can go to have my makeup done. One day she set up appointment for me to get my makeup done she dropped off a duffel bag with my close and a note inside the hotel key tell me to meet her there after I had my makeup done that was the first time I was out in public had to drive 35 miles to the hotel she was inside the room waiting for me . best night of my life. She will find things on the Internet is shown me she likes those items .that's been going on for 18 years now since we had a child together things are go downhill. Some day she likes it other day she hates it she still allows me to wear my panties she still packed my bags with my girly things when I go out town . She still shaves my back. looks in the Avon book for makeup for me.
    Those days when I'm out of town she asked what I'm wearing. When I come back from work she has things laid out for me. the next day she's all pissed off. She sends me mixed feelings on the subject.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JocelynQuivers View Post
    Told my wife before I proposed to her. She supports it and has no problems with it. Jocelyn
    I told my GF in 1954, married her in 1955. She passed away in February of 2005, five months before our 50th Anniversary. She never had a problem with it our entire married life. We made a joint decision that our kids would not know and they still don't. The only effect it had on our sex life was to make it much more interesting. Sometimes she was the man and I was the woman. But most of the time I was a man wearing feminine things. As an example, at our wedding we wore matching white silk lingerie which stayed on until our wedding night! It got in the way! So, yes, she certainly did support me!

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Yes she does have a problem with it .... and what sex life??? Karren
    Karren -- High blood pressure and several medications has taken its toll on my libido. CDing in the bedroom was never a problem with my wife -- in fact this is where we started (with her seeing me dressed). As for the low-to-no libido, can you say WE NOW GET TO USE THE CHEERLEADER images (This worked for me -- maybe it will work for others).

Squad Captain: READY?

Squad: SET!

Capt & Squad: TWO BITS,

FOUR BITS,

SIX BITS,

A DOLLAR . . .

ALL FOR CIALIS, STAND UP AND HOLLER!

(Crowd goes wild!!!)
    [SIZE="4"]Sheri[/SIZE]

Jean has known before we got married. She probably understands it better than I do.
    What was the second part? Oh yeh, SEX????????????????????

Junior Member Hippy Chic's Chick's Avatar
    I'm not religious, but was brought up very catholic and had my 'teachings'.

I never saw Jesus described or depicted in a three piece suit.

Didn't the Jewish men and women wear pretty much the same, long robes? It was only the Roman males coming over with their mini-skirts that caused any problems.