Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Study in Lavender

Artistically Feminine Ava Mouse's Avatar

Post A Study in Lavender

Ava gets ready

Well, yesterday's adventure almost didn't happen! While preparing my toenails I accidentally dropped my knife onto my toes, made a short, but deep cut that took a while to stop bleeding. I was afraid it would open up while walking around and make a mess... Luckily it was fine.

Also got stuck in traffic for 1.5 hours trying to get to downtown Seattle...

Getting my nails done!

Thanks to Dana, I decided to get my nails done! I parked in the garage under QFC and walked the few blocks to the closest nail shop. I was nervous as hell, but determined to do it. I walked in and two nice Korean ladies were massaging a customers legs. They asked if I wanted a pedicure and I said I was interested in a set of nails. They asked me to wait, so I waited about 15 minutes and read a girly magazine.

Eventually, one of them was freed up to help me, and I sat at the counter and explained what I wanted. Something that I could easily remove later tonight... I verified she was licensed, too. (That's for Dana ;-) )

While she was working, we chatted a bit. I explained about being a married CD, with kids, and a little why I do it. She said a few men come in now & then. I felt very comfortable, and was fascinated by the procedure, being an artist myself. She was VERY good at it.

I picked a color close to my shirt, and wow, my nails looked awesome! Unfortunately they weren't 100% dry and I dinged them a little going through my purse... Later on, they were quite solid and resistant to scratching.

Here's a pic I took about 1/2 through...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ava Mouse; 03-13-2005 at 12:57 PM.
    Ava Mouse - An artist experimenting with the medium of femininity...
    "Imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery."

Post To the gardens

At the Gardens

After having my nails done, I headed for the Japanese gardens, but they don't allow tripods! so I went to the botanical gardens next door. I found a good spot and setup the camera, but there were too many people around. Some teens were having a picnic and laughing a lot, so I moved on to a quieter spot...

Post More pics

I got a few good shots in the more populated areas before I felt too uncomfortable...

Tristen Cox
    Did I tell you I hate you? Damn I love your hands. Can I have them? Just kidding You look lovely as always.

T

A favorite

This is one of my favorite pics, Looks like the cover of a fashion magazine...

Post Tri Ess

Finally, and fashionably late, made it to the Tri-Ess meeting...

Wow Ava!! There are no words adequate enough to say how good you look. I'm so happy for you that you had such an outstanding day and evening.

Way to go!!
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Post More garden shots

Another garden shot...

Just another Saturday in the park. . .

You look fabulous as always, Ava! It's great to hear about your outings, but the pictures are wonderful, too!

great pics ava : ] your right about#5.... i agree....nails are awesome ..... ..grrr my downer is ..my hands... very male nails ..... need MAJOR work in that area sigh someday

Ava! You are DA woman! Way to go, I am so proud of you - and you look fantastic too! Nice nails, we are gonna have to chat about them....

DanaJ

Platinum Member
    veary nice yes thay all look good but #6 is the best of them all
    in that one you look like your not getting your pitchure taken just relaxing.....veary nice shot...........

Wink Getting Gas

Had to get some gas...

Nail closeup

Here's a closeup of my nails...

Quote Originally Posted by Ava Mouse
    Had to get some gas...

Hey, Ava, do you pay at the pump? I've thought about trying that but I'm always overcome by this deep-seated fear that the card mechanism would malfunction somehow and the voice would come over the speaker, "Pump 12, please come inside to pay." Aaghhhh! I would die. . .

Lovely outfit

Beautiful outfit, great nails, you are lovely in them.
    Hugs, Christine
    Just the Girl Next Door
    my ad V
    V

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrissiej

Post Portrait

Another pic...

Smile Pay at the pump

Nanci,

Yes, I pay by CC at the pump, I also went into Rite-Aid to get some acetone. Bright lights! Talk about major give away! (I look best in soft lights...)

But I've overcome the fear of being read. I'm more afraid of being pummled by a vicious person. Luckily the worse thing that's happened is people laughing at me. I can deal with that...

I started the gas pump, and grabbed my tripod from the back seat, set it up and put the timer on. People driving by were watching with curiousity... LOL... But the light turned green and they were on their way. I can imagine what they would say... "Honey, I saw what could've been a man in a dress, taking pictures of himself pumping gas."

Quote Originally Posted by Nanci
    Hey, Ava, do you pay at the pump? I've thought about trying that but I'm always overcome by this deep-seated fear that the card mechanism would malfunction somehow and the voice would come over the speaker, "Pump 12, please come inside to pay." Aaghhhh! I would die. . .
    Last edited by Ava Mouse; 03-13-2005 at 05:58 PM.

Well, Ava, you've outdone yourself once again. Great outfit, perfect venue, all carried off with your customary aplomb. Makes me jealous! Windy

Really Great Stuff

Ava,

You had a day most of us would have died for. How nice for you. I live near Seattle, myself. Where are these gardens? I'd love to go there. Were you comfortable walking around? Did your wife go with you? I once did the very same thing, though I don't know where exactly I was. I carried my tripod around with me, snapped photos, and had, generally, a very, very nice day. One which I prolonged much longer than I actually had time for, but who could resist. Congratulations! Very nice photos. Susan

Silky panties are best Sandra H's Avatar

You look great.

Hi Ava.

I have looked at all your photos and I think you are awful. I don’t like you nails, I don’t like you hair, I don’t like you skirt, and I don’t like your top and those shoes well the least said about them the better.

Sorry forget all the above it was just to get all the jealousy out of my system. Now that’s out of my system I can see just how lovely you look.

I am so envious you look so young and pretty. Do you have a sister??? LOL

Well done you must have had a great day and a lovely time.
    Love Sandra xx

Ava, you look absolutely great!! What a day you had, and to get pictures in the gardens, I'm envious!!

Hi Ava,

Love the photos.Number 5 is my favorite,interesting texture and I like the frame for the scene behind you.Sounds as if you had a busy day and enjoyed.

Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla

Talking Not fair

Just joking. Your nails look absolutely fantastic. I loved the outfit and the beautiful pictures with all of the wonderful scenery of the gardens. I've only been with the forum for a few days now, but let me say that you and everyone else here are the greatest.

Sincerely

Tara

StephanieCD
    Ava, other than the fact that you're way hotter than me - I kinda consider myself most like you.. I'm an artist and enjoy the canvas of my gender and sexuality. You inspire me often and consitently - congrats on your bravery and the gorgeous nails!