View Poll Results: Which Stage of Crossdressing Best Describes You?

Voters
489. You may not vote on this poll
  • Occasionaly wear items of female clothing

87 17.79%
  • Dress completely as a woman in privacy

202 41.31%
  • Venture out dressed en femme with no interaction

124 25.36%
  • Freely mingle in society, presenting as a woman

76 15.54%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Four Stages of Crossdressing

about a 3.6

Stage 4 heading for Beyond. I think I skipped #3 altogether; my first time out included a trip to the mall to return something (interaction) as well as a Trans Event and getting gas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Right now, I'm somewhere between 1 and 2, and aiming to top out at the 3 level

Stage two Goal is 3 maybe 4 Stage 1 seemed to last forever hope the next 2 go faster justabit

Perfectly Strange... Christine Andrews's Avatar
    Right now I'm 1.5 - mostly a 1 but now have the clothes to move into stage 2.

I 'll be content with stage 2 untill I've lost some weight and and built up some confidence (confidence in myself and that I can look more than a guy in a dress and that there are no more elements of indecisiveness caused by guilt and fear) then who knows what'll happen from there.

Until then I'm a happy 1.5/2

Kirtsy
    “A truth that's told with bad intent
    Beats all the lies you can invent.”
    ― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

girl next door

Hiya Windy, and thanx for the poll. I'd respectfully suggest a stage 3.5, for those like myself who've been out n about a bit, with interaction, but are still a ways from freely mingling without limitations. I'd guess there are a fair number of us who'd classify ourselves as such.

[SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Stage 4 for sure !

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

When I came to Dallas in 2005, I was at stage 1/2. Last year I went from stage 2/3 to 4 then back to 3 until May of this year and I went back to 4. At the same time I don't really count the stage 4 last year as a real stage 4, more like a 3.5. LOL It was HEF2006, which was a CD convention. The hotel staff knew we were CDers, the guests knew we were CDers, but at the same time it was at a public Hotel and I was out in public.
    But this past May, I firmly went stage 4 by going to convient stores, buying a bottle of water and then going to Payless to buy a pair of shoes.

Stage 2

I voted stage 2, although I have gone out and interacted with people on 2 occassions. I hope to move into stage 3 and later stage 4...but for now, I am still working my look, my voice, my mannerisms...and having fun doing it.

Morgan

I''m stage 2 steping into 3 sometimes when I work nights I dress on the way home get dressed in dark parking area the wife knows so no problem going in the house
    Angie

2 and staying there

Slip Lover

What Stage?

I think that I am somewhat in stage 3, and I will perhaps meet some other cross dressers; however, I don't expect to go much beyond that.

Ashley

I have been at stage two for 48 years.

I have been at stage two since I was eight years old. I never have felt confident enough to move on; and now with my older body, I may never have the chance. Although, as a new member to this forum, the confidence and enthusiasm is growing to the point I am trying to figure out a way to come out to my wife. Again, I love this forum!

Hey girls;
    I guess I'm kind of like a 1 1/2.....
    I pretty much wear heels and stockings and panties at home, when no one's around....but I am assembling somewhat of a wardrobe now....shopping at Payless for my first pair of heels was quite an experience....I thought my heart was going to pop out of my chest...LOL...need some bra's.
    I'm getting an interest in buying maybe some skirts, tops....I need wigs, for certain....and I want to start using makeup, lipstick, etc.....some of you experienced girls may laugh at this....but WOW !!! this is all new to me and I'm sooooo wanting to move on....but have a little trepidation as well....and how will I ever explain this to my wife if she should find out ??? YIKES !!!
    but it feels sooooooo good to dress and I want to eventually get to stage 3....dare I say step 4........
    Thanks girls
    Kisses

Mary

Once a Girl,always a Girl Dita_B's Avatar
    New Westminster, a city within the city of Vancouver, BC, Canada

We would NEVER laugh, only encourage

Quote Originally Posted by Mary447 View Post
    Hey girls;
    I guess I'm kind of like a 1 1/2.....
    I pretty much wear heels and stockings and panties at home, when no one's around....but I am assembling somewhat of a wardrobe now....shopping at Payless for my first pair of heels was quite an experience....I thought my heart was going to pop out of my chest...LOL...need some bra's.
    I'm getting an interest in buying maybe some skirts, tops....I need wigs, for certain....and I want to start using makeup, lipstick, etc.....some of you experienced girls may laugh at this....but WOW !!! this is all new to me and I'm sooooo wanting to move on....but have a little trepidation as well....and how will I ever explain this to my wife if she should find out ??? YIKES !!!
    but it feels sooooooo good to dress and I want to eventually get to stage 3....dare I say step 4........
    Thanks girls
    Kisses

Mary
    Speaking for myself and I think it is safe to say that the majority of us would NEVER laugh at the experiences of a blossoming newbie, as we all, with no exception, have been there and done that.

Reading your story only reminds us all our own baby steps on our way to perfection.

Go Girl,

Dita.

Stage 2 But i really want to gain more confidence so i can reach stage 3. This site is helping, by reading the posts on here i am gaining more expieriance and trying different styles[wig colour,style,doing my makeup differant etc]

Thanks Dita,
    kisses, girl

Mary

Chrissie is mostly a private girl, but sometimes goes out discreetly on her own or with a gg friend and a particular male friend/admirer.

Dressing, even in private, carries over to the rest of her life, and so in her heart, Chrissie is Stage Four all the way, whether other people notice or not!

xoxo chrissie

Now, I voted for Stage Four (Stage Four: Actively passing, shopping for women’s clothing en femme, interacting with strangers, other crossdressers, or admirers.), however this one does not entirely cover me. I do some of these things, but not all of them as my dressing time is limited at best.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I am at stage 4 preparing for stage 5 . right now I do dress with full makeup, and wig, even though I do not pass 100% I go grocery shopping, gas station, bank, eat out at restaurants, and to parties enfemme. I dress to blend in while shopping, and I dess a little more fancy at parties.

3&1/2.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

CD stage

Am in stage 3, but its really the most difficult and most risky, but ma stage 3 started with night-outs, then day time adventures (i still go out in the night more).

Aspiring Member
    im definitly a stage three at this point. i go for rides and walks, by my self. cant do makeup(beard) but toes and fingernails for sure. toes stay painted so when in public i can wiggle them and giggle to my self

Stage 2 mostly

some stage 3 experience as well. I would love to go full stage 4!

Stage 2

I am currently stage 2 due to facial hair (mustache and goatee). The facial hair is part of my work persona. Before I grew my facial hair (about 5 years ago) I was a stage 4; I loved going shopping, to the movies, and clubs. I really miss stage 4 but one has to eat.