View Poll Results: Which Stage of Crossdressing Best Describes You?

Voters
489. You may not vote on this poll
  • Occasionaly wear items of female clothing

87 17.79%
  • Dress completely as a woman in privacy

202 41.31%
  • Venture out dressed en femme with no interaction

124 25.36%
  • Freely mingle in society, presenting as a woman

76 15.54%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Four Stages of Crossdressing

The Four Stages of Crossdressing

From personal experience and observation, I’ve found that there are four stages in the life of a crossdresser. Depending on where you are in the continuum, you probably fall into one of these categories, and if you have stopped progressing that’s where you’ll likely stay:

Stage One: Occasionally wears an item of female clothing, for example panties or hose under guy clothes, may experiment with makeup.

Stage Two: Has assembled a complete woman’s wardrobe which is worn in privacy. Purging is most prevalent during this phase.

Stage Three: Has ventured out occasionally, but only alone with no interaction, for example driving to the gas station or window shopping.

Stage Four: Actively passing, shopping for women’s clothing en femme, interacting with strangers, other crossdressers, or admirers.

Beyond Stage Four, transitioning into a totally female lifestyle, is beyond the scope of this poll….which stage best describes you?

Definatly in stage two and hoping to skip stage three and go to four on my honeymoon.

I am definitely stage 1. I want to start experimenting with make-up, but haven't really up until this point. Wore lipstick once, and eyeshadow twice (once for halloween, once for practice. I was going as a fallen angel, so thought dark eyes were suitable).

going out in dresses, etc. not trying to pass. around people.

I am definitely a Stage 4. I enjoy presenting as a woman and absolutely love to shop. Shopping, dining, movies, sporting events, paying bills, banking, site seeing. I want to take some dance lessons, ballroom or maybe square dancing, but I'm going to look for ballroom lessons first.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hot patootie,bles my soul marisa's Avatar
    I am firmly in stage two but slowly working towards stage 4.

Going Out

Love to go to certain clubs in the evening. Haven't been to the super market, yet.
    Joan

I'm a stage three. However the times I have "gone out" I've been with at least another person. Does that count? or am I a stage 2.98?
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

None of the options. Closest is four.

Definitely stage two for me. I'd love to go out, but have only done so on halloween, and that doesn't really count. Maybe someday...
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

Stage four here. I think we are a rarity. Because so far I have only found two other girls willing to go out among the "normal" people. I have meet allot of girls in trannie bars. Just none willing to shop or enjoy being out in public.

stage 2 right now i have been at stage 4 but has been several years since. After I got married and found the ONE TO CURE ME I purged everything and I am in the process or rebuying. OH yeah I shaved my legs this week woooohoooo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    Stage four here. I think we are a rarity. Because so far I have only found two other girls willing to go out among the "normal" people. I have meet allot of girls in trannie bars. Just none willing to shop or enjoy being out in public.
    Have to agree Joy. Of the gurls I personally know that are stage 3/4, only a small percentage go out during the day or to regular venues. Most restrict their dressing to clubs and night time. Should have probably had a choice 3.5 - Dressing in public but mostly at TG venues and clubs not mainstream restaruants and stores in the daylight.

I pretty much go where I want to or need to. If I find I need to buy something while out en femme I just stop at the nearest store. Went to the DMV last month and sat with strangers and kids for 45 minutes waiting to get my picture taken for a non-drivers id. Didn't get any "looks" from anyone, including the professionals behind the counter.
    Sally

I'm a stage 3 and that is probably as far as I'll be going.
    Keely

One of the Reds

Stage four, well kind of.

I mostly go out in the day time doing normal things. However, I consider myself a TG person, a male trying to show her feminine self. So I wear fem clothing and carry a purse, all the time.

When I have the time, I'll do full makeup, then I wear a wig and forms, but usually reserve "full-dress" for special occasions, like a nice dinner or going to the theater.

Most of the time, if I"m going to be meeting other "girls", I'll fully dress.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member
    Stage 2 but have gone on to stage 3 three or four times and really enjoyed it looking forward to trying stage 4 and maybe beyond.

Once a Girl,always a Girl Dita_B's Avatar
    New Westminster, a city within the city of Vancouver, BC, Canada

Missing a category

Quote Originally Posted by windycissy View Post
    Stage Four: Actively passing, shopping for women’s clothing en femme, interacting with strangers, other cross dressers, or admirers.
    Definitely stage 4, but not yet to the stage of "Freely mingle in society, presenting as a woman", that would be pushing it.

I am missing a category as stage 4, "out with interaction", but not yet to the point of "freely mingle in society". I still have my limitations so I don't qualify for the "free" mingling yet.

Dita

I voted 3 but only because I did in the past. The last few years I have pretty much confined my dressing to in home only.

When circumstances allow, I venture out. Mostly I dress in private..if at all these days.

Stage3 .most surly i enjoy driving around,going through the window express to get my coffees; in the morning. Getting gas at full service

Strong 2 and moving up

I for a long time was stuck at number 1 but over the past year I have become and very strong 2 and I think by the end of this year I'll be into the 3s and headed to more than 4

I am at stage two and quite happy and satisfied at this time.
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

Yea Stacie is not my real
    I am pre-op, so I guess I am pass stage 4. But we all start out at stage 1...

Between stages

I figure that I have one foot in stage 2 and one in stage three. I sometimes go out, partially dressed but not trying to pass but only interact with the girls at the Avenue store who have made me feel comfortable and welcome.

Patty

Quote Originally Posted by windycissy View Post
    From personal experience and observation, I’ve found that there are four stages in the life of a crossdresser. Depending on where you are in the continuum, you probably fall into one of these categories, and if you have stopped progressing that’s where you’ll likely stay:

Stage One: Occasionally wears an item of female clothing, for example panties or hose under guy clothes, may experiment with makeup.

Stage Two: Has assembled a complete woman’s wardrobe which is worn in privacy. Purging is most prevalent during this phase.

Stage Three: Has ventured out occasionally, but only alone with no interaction, for example driving to the gas station or window shopping.

Stage Four: Actively passing, shopping for women’s clothing en femme, interacting with strangers, other crossdressers, or admirers.

Beyond Stage Four, transitioning into a totally female lifestyle, is beyond the scope of this poll….which stage best describes you?

I guess those of us who wear fem clothing most of the time but still present a male presentation fall outside the norm then. Lets see...panties 24/7 for 30 years so we're past that. Gosh...I havent worn makeup in years so thats out. Purging...can throwing out your 70's hip-huggers (that you haven't fit in for 20+ years) count as purging? I buy gas everyday without interaction paying at the pump so thats out. Since I wear fem cloths everyday, shop, interact and pass cars with mine does that count? Then there was the almost 6 years I lived full time in the early 80's so I guess beyond works for that.....

Its an interesting process this thing we call life. Very few can fit into a box but many, in order to fell safe, need boxes to define where they/we are in the process. I like to find boxes, open them, and dump them out. If I can use it, it goes on the shelf...if not, I throw it out....like 30 year old hip-huggers.

guess Im too old to care anymore....

Jenn