Thread: Mother in-law

Mother in-law

Hey ladies,

I just need to get this off my chest, but my mother in-law is coming to visit this weekend. Normally this isn't a big issue because she usually stays a week, two tops. She lives out of state, and wants to spend as much time as possible with her grand kids. What's got me going is she now plans to stay a whole month. AAHHHHH. I won't be able to dress at all, and reading threads on this site will be impossible because the computer is located in the living room!!!! What's a girl to do?

Misty
    I love my mother in law BUT a whole month?????? I am afraid I might hae to make an excuse and dodge one night or ask the wife to take her away for a evening so I can catch up on the latest and get my dress on.. I am now on the road so I get away all the time (*yaaaaaaayyyyy) but my wife is unaccepting if yours is accepting maybe she can help out!! good luck and happy dressing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

For one thing you need your own computer. At the very least get an old pc for little or nothing and use it only for surfing and storing pics.
    Sally

Yea Stacie is not my real
    I never let anyone stay for more then 3 nights.

One whole month is tough. It would be tough even without hiding.
    At least move your computer or get your own, like sally suggested.
    For the internet a cheap one will do.

Wish you the best.

Silver Member
    Surely you can get your wife to take her out for a girl's night out at least once a week. Be creative. Buy them both a day at the spa. They'll love you for it. Send them shopping for a day. Treat them to tickets to a chickflick. Sorry, you'll miss that one, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Hey Misty!

You may still be able to read threads, without your MIL knowing.

Have a look at http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/archive/index.php/

I hope this helps,

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

As far as checking your e-mail goes, you could stop at the library on the way from work a few times.

Or maybe dress up, and then go to the library...

Hugs, Lori

Wear nice t-backs under cloths. Works for me in a pinch.

Hugs.
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Tell her it is so great to have her over because you and your wife really need some alone time. Find day trips for her to do with the kids. There must be some movies she could take them to. You and your wife could go to a romantic hotel for a weekend while she watches the kids!
    [SIZE="3"]Michelle[/SIZE]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty_cder View Post
    AAHHHHH. I won't be able to dress at all, and reading threads on this site will be impossible because the computer is located in the living room!!!! What's a girl to do?
    Get a cheap used laptop on ebay and underdress like hell!!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Not to be morbid. But, she won't be around for ever. I'd make the most of her visit and make her feel like an honored guest. Besides you just might make some big points with the SO.

You're all just too weird for me... I hate my Mother in law, absolute bitch she is.
    I found out today that she's going interstate for 3 weeks next week, i tried to hide my utter dissapointment at the news too but my wife saw straight through me.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    That is a case of where you have to take the good with the bad....just be thankful she is who she is, after all with out her there would be no wife....

Company is like fish

Quote Originally Posted by stacie View Post
    I never let anyone stay for more then 3 nights.
    I agree that 3 nights is enough. Company is like fish in the fridge, after 3 days it starts to go bad. All of our friends and family know my opinion.

There is one more way to solve this, I am surprised no-one else as said it yet. It is simple. Just before she is about to arrive, Get youself all dolled up. When she rings the door bell, open the door. Either she will accept the fact that you crossdress and all will be fine. or She will totally freakout and stay at a hotel, and all will be fine.

Either way all is good.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I kinda know what you mean. My older sister has been living with us since the first of July and will be with us until the end of August. So as resule like you not CDing until she leaves. You will survive and so wil I. LOL

My oh My ....can I relate. My mother-in-law came to stay with us for one month last year. UGGG!!! ICHY!! I get along with her ok but she stresses out both my wife and son. By the second week they were arguing.
    Funny thing. She left a few "permanent" items in our guest closet one of which is a bath robe with the name Monster-in-Law sewn on the back. It's from the movie. How funny is that??
    Anyway, I agree with most y'all about sending her on day trips. Mother-in-laws, like most of us, love to feel loved. Treat her and the kids to a day at an amusement park. Send her off with the wife for their own one on one trip.
    The last bit of advice is one that I used myself. After the one month ordeal, I decided to put my foot down. I told my wife that her mother was not allowed to stay with us for more than 2 weeks max in the future.
    It worked. Now she comes to town and spends part of the time with her sister.
    Good luck,
    Charlene
    Last edited by Charlene Ogden; 08-03-2007 at 09:54 AM.

Update

Thanks ladies for all the suggestions. I figured I would give a quick update. Things haven't been all that bad since I got a few days to myself. My wife took her mother and the kid to visit some relatives for a few days. I think my wife knew the frustration was building inside not being able to dress. For the last two days I've been able to dress after coming home from work. The family is due back at the end of the week, which gives me two more weeks of having my mother-in-law around. I know I can make it.