View Poll Results: Have you ever taken vacation from work to dress?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and it was well worth the time off!!

101 68.24%
  • No I got bills to pay!

20 13.51%
  • I never really thought about it.

27 18.24%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever taken vacation to dress?

Has anyone ever taken vacation to dress?

Just wondering if anyone has ever taken vacation from work to get more time to dress. I don't seem to ever get enough free time, or privacy time (dang roomates) to dress, so I took 10 days off to celebrate Kaylees 4 year B-day. I would love to hear from all of you!!

newbie Kaylee LOL
    [SIZE="1"][/SIZE][SIZE="2"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]I must say you look maavelous in those shoes![/SIZE]

If you count retirement, I receintly retired. Enjoy several hours a day dressed while reading this and other forums. Unfortunatly d in the fall when the SO retires.
    Susann_Gardener

I did last year, first time. My girlfriend was out of town with family, so I took a week off from work. I had nine days straight to myself. Went to a salon for a full wax, pedicure and had French acrylics put on, basically spent 24/7 dressed, wore some outfits I hadn't tried yet, and took a few pix. It was a blast. Too bad I don't get the chance this year.
    -Sedona

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    The summer after I came out to my wife, she surprised me with a week in Atlanta during the Southern Comfort Convention...

It served two purposes, it allowed me to dress in public, which here at home is difficult to do at best and it gave me and my wife some valuable time together...

Then this past may I was on a business trip to Va. Beach and we again got to share some quality time and allow Marcie to do some beach combing and shopping on the strand...

Both was very pleasant times and well worth the money spent...

I'm going back a few years now, and I didn't specifically take time off to dress, but I have done it.

I was working but still living at home with my mum and she and my sisters booked a holiday away at the same time as my holiday time was due.

As soon as they were out of the door I took advantage of the situation and dressed for the entire fortnight. It was fun and allowed me to gage how I felt about a full time change.
    My answer came after about a week or so when I became tired of the routine. I discovered that I'm just as happy as my male self as my female self. I saw out the whole fortnight as Caroline and was glad to put her away for a few days. All told, a very interesting and fun experience which if you can try, is worth it. I'd do it again in all probability but with a few more years on the clock and more girly knowledge to help me out this time.

Caroline,

You bring up a great point. By the end of my nine days, I was definately ready to go back to guy mode (except for my acrylics, which were a shame to have to remove). You probably found that your time dressed made it painfully obvious how much primping women do on a daily basis, and why it can take them so long to get ready to go out.
    -Sedona

I sure have. Diva Las Vegas is a great wayt to spend a vacation... site-seeing, touring, gambling, eating, going to shows, getting our nails done, makeovers, with lots and lots of other CDers and their SO's and friends. Next DLV is April 21-26, 2008. Will I see YOU there?
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

No, but I did take advantage when the wife took our son and went to visit her family up north!
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Yes, the ever popular "I'm working from home today" which is a perk for IT people who don't do any real work And while it wasn't specifically to dress up, in February my wife spent two weeks in Portugal, so someone had to stay at home and look after the kids -- who were in school all day That was a problem though because I spent more time in front of the mirror than going out.

Kassandra

I'm going to

I took the next two weeks off work to "finish up my first semester of College" (i am enrolled in a online program, that I do at my pace). I am behind and need to write 3 papers and take a proctored exam by the 16th. The week of the 13th, the kids are going to their grandparents' for a week and SO will be at her apartment (in Detroit, MI), so I have the whole house to myself for 4 days and nights. 24/7 HERE I COME!! SO decided to tell though, that if I wanted to, I could come spend the week up there with her, and work on my papers while she is at work.

I'll probably stick around here for the first couple days, and see what I can do about going out en femme, and see if I can pass.

Anybody here who can stop by the house and help me with my make-up, etc? (Toledo, Ohio)

Everytime I dress I feel like I'm on vacation!

I like to take a vacation day and be Karyn all day long...salon appointment, shopping...dressed all day!
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

Diva Las Vegas in April

No I dress at home when ever I want. Don't have to go on vaction to dress.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Tax Deuctible

Every year I go to an IRS forum in Orlando Florida. I take several outfits with me; while i am at the seminars I am in drab. The forums are a 3 day affair (Tuesday thru Thursday, however I only attend 2 days. I rent a car on Thursday morning and drive to Cocoa Beach. In Cocoa Beach Sandor becomes Sandy for 2 glorious days, Then back to Orlando and (curses) in drab home. Best of all its tax deductible, since the flight is an education expense.

I would love to do the diva L.V. thing. someday maybe.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

i voted that i couldnt cuz i couldnt affrod it........but the truth is, i have thought about it, but havent done it. Though, i could since i do have 3 weeks of vacation time on the books. It is very tempting........yet, i really dont need to since i live alone and am always dressed when at home.

:-)
    michelle

I took a Spa Day

I have never taken a week...but not too long ago I took a vacation day to have a makeover and photo shoot. It was so incredible. I loved the way my makeup turned out and spent the whole day changing outfits and taking pics. A perfect spa day for me...
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="3"]Roxanne[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]
    [/SIZE]

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    After one of our adult children moved back home to have her baby, it greatly curtailed my everyday dressing at home. So, my wife and I started traveling more -- to have fun and to allow me more time to dress.

NEWSFLASH: YEAH!!!! Great news today!!! The daughter is finally moving out -- we'll selectively babysit, but this will allow me to be me more in my own home!!! Empty nest again - it has its rewards!!!!

Smile

I went to the Be-All in Chicago this past May. I guess that was my first CD vacation. It won't be my last!
    [SIZE="3"]Michelle[/SIZE]

I Love My High Heels Charlotte1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dashi30 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has ever taken vacation from work to get more time to dress. I don't seem to ever get enough free time, or privacy time (dang roomates) to dress, so I took 10 days off to celebrate Kaylees 4 year B-day. I would love to hear from all of you!!

newbie Kaylee LOL
    Hi,

i posted a thread asking if another couple would like to share a holiday CD ing with me and my GF. Not a great response!!

However we have now booked a fortnight in a private secluded villa with a big pool in Cyprus

So, for two weeks i'll be in my bikiniin the day

and dresses and skirts in the evening GREAT.

can't wait

not sure if i'll venture out tho

does anyone know of a club or similar in Cyprus??

Love

'Lotti
    [SIZE="3"]This week, im mainly being ...............a BITCH [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I sure have. Diva Las Vegas is a great wayt to spend a vacation... site-seeing, touring, gambling, eating, going to shows, getting our nails done, makeovers, with lots and lots of other CDers and their SO's and friends. Next DLV is April 21-26, 2008. Will I see YOU there?
    Gosh I wish it was in Nov 2007 when me and Jamie get married (In Vegas on the 10th) ...it would be perfect timing. April hmm the way the Navy med board thing is looking We may actually be able to make it there. That sounds like a bunch of fun. I can tell you this, if I do get medically seperated we WILL be there lol!

From what I have seen from the poll thus far it seems most of us girls have taken some time off from everyday life to take care of our girly needs. I have noticed in the almost four years of being a CD, the lifestyle sometimes requires a lot of scheduling.

Kaylee
    [SIZE="1"][/SIZE][SIZE="2"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]I must say you look maavelous in those shoes![/SIZE]

My former wife and I used to go away for weekends when I would remain dressed for the entire time, but no actual vacations.

I never took a scheduled day off from work just to dress, however.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Smile

I had a month off in 2004 not specifically to dress......but my wife was at work and the kids were at school and I ended up dressing most days
    Rashell StClaire

When I was on vacation last year I also went away by myself for a few days, just to have some alone time. While I was away I was dressed most of the time and was even able to go out for the first (and only) time.