View Poll Results: Have you ever taken vacation from work to dress?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and it was well worth the time off!!

101 68.24%
  • No I got bills to pay!

20 13.51%
  • I never really thought about it.

27 18.24%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone ever taken vacation to dress?

Usually in the fall if I have any vacation time remaining, as I will this year, I'll take a day or two off and spend the day dressed arounrd the house.

I'm actually going out of town next week for work for a few days and will hopefully be able to take an oufit or two for the evenings, just to sit around th hotel room in and relax.

Rachel Jean

No, i can dress as i want lving on my own, but as i want to go out at some point in the future i may rent a cottage in the country for a week[No chance of being recognised and a chance to gain confidence]

Aspiring Member

Smile

Last Feb. I was away for 10 Days, and was femme the whole time i was away.

In March I was away for a month, and again was femme for the whole month.

Both trips were great, and the big let down was when i got home and back to work that i had to be drab again for work

Will do it again the next time i am on vacation

Denise

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    I took a mini vacation when I was in the military. just an over night thing to be enfemm
    Drumming, My other hobby

If I take a day off for anything, I seem to end up dressing some if not all the day. My wife and I make a point to take several long weekends during the year to go off as girlfriends and spend fun times in Boston as tourists. We shop, try out different restaurants, and go to some of the great museums here. Then we try to find a show like "Menopause the Musical" the enjoy in the evening. It's great to spend the time and really sad to take off the wig the last day. As the other girls have said, it can be tiring trying to maintain the "look" 24/7. It is taking less and less effort though as I get more experienced at the makeup and fine points of dressing. I think I could do a week or two with ease. Now if I could just get that kind of time to go to New York City or somewhere equally interesting.......
    Sally

Yep a week in september every year for the past 3 years, my parents always go on holiday so i book a week off work to dress and buy a load more cloths off the net to celebrate! Just this month to go then next month i can dress 24/7 for 9 days!

Gold Member
    I have taken a vaction day off for dressing up.

As matter of fact I started vaction 1 hour and 25 minutes ago. I wish I could dress all week, but a day or two is better than none. I am hoping to at least get 24 hours in. I was eveing thinking about trying to get some tan lines, but as my luck has it, it's suppose to rain today. The one thing that bites is that I don't go outside my home in daylight while dressed. I planned steak and shrimp with a bottle of wine. I won't be able to cook it on the grill until the sun goes down, and even then, it's risky.
    Man! I feel like a woman!

For the last 8yrs I have gone up to the Fantasia Fair in Provinctown Mass for 3 days and nights. It is a week long event but 3 days is about all my wife will let me get away for. She says she dreads me going each year because she has to lie to our children about where I am. Last couple of years I drove up dressed with a friend. I stay dressed the whole time there and love every minute of it.
    Last month I took a sick day for a day out as Terri. I consider it a mental health day.
    Yours Terri

I do all the time! in fact when planning my vacation schedule for the year I always factor in one week just for that reason. It's great to just be able to spend a week dressing and shopping for new stuff
    Vash
    24th Century Grande Dame

social babe
    Many years ago when I was closeted I decided to take a holiday to dress and shop for secret clothing at Noosa (Australian Sunhine Coast) , I checked into the motel room at around 10AM and put on a pair of light blue pantyhose and nothing else. I started to unpack the rest of my luggage when the door flew open and in walked two young women , , I quickly dropped behind the bed and the shocked women retreated outside.
    One of the Women voiced her appology and she explained that she thought the room was vacated and ready for cleaning , I quickly got dressed and took a walk leaving them to service the appartment.

I didn't see those women for the rest of my 2 weeks , perhaps they quit.

It was a "red-faced" start however the rest of the holiday was fulfilling.
    [SIZE=3]Merinda[/SIZE]

When I was working I would take a day off for special events like halloween but only a day at a time. I never took a week off just to be able to dress.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Some of my most happy times were when I took a day off and had the whole house to myself while everybody else was at work/school....aaah bliss.

I usually dress more if I'm home while on vacation. This week I'll be on vacation, but I'm going to Tampa for a fetish convention. I'll be meeting up with 2 cd friends I met last year and so I'll be spending at least half of this weekend as Audrey.
    Excited? You bet!
    -Audrey

Well, My wife is cleaning the kitchen, and I'm retired. I guessthat mean that she doesn't have a problem with me being in a skirt and blouse.
    With a bra and panties under those. I GUESS i HAVE A GREAT SITUATION...BJ

I took today off just to dress. It has been so worth it, I found this place!

I'll let you know after Monday

Starting Sunday night, I will be able to be dressed and I won't go back into drab until Thursday night or Friday morning.

Oh, I can't wait. Plus, with an outing on Monday planned to watch the movie Hairspray. Time can't go by fast enough.

Looking back my greatest experience enfemme was several years back when my wife and I spent two weeks in Australia and New Zealand. I remained enfemme 24/7 and had a fantastic experience. During the past 25 years I have enjoyed as Melanie around 20+ TG conventions and 31 of our Dignity transgendered cruises. I am looking forward to spending 16 days enfemme in December in Barcelona and taking a cruise across the big pond. Life is so grand!
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

I am in the "one day at a time" vacationing CDer group. Most of the major adventures that I have posted on this forum have occurred on a vacation day or on time I saved up from working a holiday. Going out in public during the work day means that I am not very likely to run into co-workers or teenagers/children. The mall isn't very full, etc.

Joe

Getting in and out of girl mode

About once a month I get to spend 2 full days and that's great.
    Once a year I get to spend a week/10 days non stop. That is really wonderful - but my problems start as I slip back into boy mode.

First of all I miss the girl mode terribley and secondly I find it difficult to dispence with the female mannerisms (and thoughts) that I've had gotten used to during that long period.

I think if I had a full month of 'Suzy' mode I might not be able to cope with switching back !

Does anyone else have the same problem ?........