Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The woman you wanted to emulate most...

The woman you wanted to emulate most...

Since we are not really GGs, and we seek to imitate, I was curious what everyone's role models were? If there was never a person that you wanted to emulate, that's fine...just describe the look you were after. If there were more than one...go ahead and spill it honey!! We are all listening!

Personally, for me...

It was always usually rock stars and actresses.

In the 70s, when I was young, I wanted to look like Linda Blair (not the possessed version mind you)

As I got older, in the early 80s, I wanted to look like Nancy Allen from Dressed to Kill. Then later in the 80s, I wanted to look like Lita Ford!!

In the early 90s, I wanted to emulate the look of Mortisha Adamms, for the original Adamms Family...don't ask why...I have no idea. In the late 90s, I think I became infatuated with the look of Tiffany Amber Thiessen.

Now days, I am really fond of the look of Siouxie Sioux from Siouxie and the Banshees, as well as many of the goth girls I see.

Heck, I would settle for looking like Lindsay Lohan at this point (sans the house arrest ankle bracelet)

Morgan
    “Truth Hits Everybody"

Raquel

A Red Haired Raquel Welch, but Beyonce Knowles is catching up. & Trina - Celtic & African Lady of Mystery
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 09-18-2007 at 02:30 AM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Marge Helenberger of CSI. Not only is she atractive, she is also wise and able to still find time to raise her family.

is in her vest
    hahahahaha..I don't try to emulate any woman...really I got dealt up a body (face included) and I just try to do the best with that...if I can look a little like a woman somedays, then thats possibly enough for me...I try not to set the bar too high
    Last edited by Sweet Jane; 08-08-2007 at 02:11 AM.
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

I would love to look like Dolly Parton, and also have her voice. my second choice would be anna nicole smith, she was HOT!!!.

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    I have several looks I have attempted, not that I have ever come close to attaining them. Cher is my all-time favorite actresses as well as one of my top favorite singers, and I like to emulate the look she had in her "Suspect" movie role. From my avatar photo, obviously I go for the Raquel Welch look, too. I've tried to emulate Michelle Pfeiffer, but without much success. My wife says she thinks I do a fairly good job emulating Susan Sarandon "when I really work at it" -- funny thing, I have never tried to emulate her! lol

Other attempts have been made -- Nia Vardalos, Diane Lane, and Annette Bening -- but I really need to work on those if I ever expect to come close. Maybe Julianne Moore would be easier??? I need a hobby, so suggestions (beyond forget it -- ) appreciated!!!
    [SIZE="4"]Sheri[/SIZE]

You must have been reading my mind tonight Morgan. I was thinking about posting the same type of question. For me, it depends on what I am doing. Since I am sitting here, drinking wine and watching music videos, I would love to be Sara Evans.
    Man! I feel like a woman!

Little Ms Witch Hermione Simpson's Avatar
    Nottinghamshire UK or the minstry of magic
    now days it's emma watson (hermione from harry potter) but in the 90's i really wanted to be melanie c from the spice girls
    Although i'm a witch, I can be nice as well (honestly)

http://www.facebook.com/people/Hermi...son/1527490088

Also check out my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/hermionesimpson

Sophia Loren

No celebraties just my Grandmother. She was a very independent woman. I always had a great deal of respect and admiration for her. I think I've succeeded pretty well.

Maureen O'Hara, Cappucine, Anne Baxter, Anne Jeffreys, I'm sure there are others.

I loved the girl band girls as well- Lita was a major babe- Joan Jett, the girls from Vixen. I always loved Kate Jackson- started with the Rookies- thru the Charlies Angels, her eyebrows were and still are, awesome. Looking back it seems she was ahead of her time in that department, and her sexy voice. Right now would be Jessica Simpson- legs out the wazoo and beautiful features. Halle Berry as well- she is just so drop dead gorgeous and that body. Swordfish is my favorite- with Catwoman a close second for showing her off the best.

Kinda funny for me not into GG's at all but those are the ones I would most want to look like

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina Maureen View Post
    A Red Haired Raquel Welch. & Trina - Lady of Mystery
    You hit the nail on the head!
    "Diane"

I have a few actresses and models. They're a little more of the younger generation dating back to the 80's. Starting with:

Phoebe Cates.
    I remember Fast Times at Rigdemont High. She had that girl next door look, back then, that would still look good today.
    OH GAWD!!

http://eightiesclub.tripod.com/f4fcd310.jpg

http://images.dawgsports.com/images/...es_closeup.jpg

Elizabeth Hurley. I'm speechless.

http://www.nndb.com/people/720/000025645/eh50.jpg

Kate Beckinsale. Pearl Harbor, Underworld I & II, etc.. Amazingly beautiful.

http://www.katebeckinsalepictures.ne...insale-006.jpg

Jessica Alba. OMG!!!

http://eur.i1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/...2070417212.jpg

Liv Tyler. And those luscious lips. Oh La la!!!

http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpap...iv_tyler_3.jpg

Alessandra Ambrosio. Of course, I can't forget my favorite Victoria's Secret model. What an angel she is. OH MY!!

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/imag...75_W213RGB.jpg

Hugs!
    Last edited by joann07; 08-08-2007 at 12:07 PM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Wink

my all time favorite would be Sandra Bullock

When I was a kid it was Marlo Thomas in "That Girl". When I was a teen it was Jacklyn Smith of Charlie's Angels. Then, Susanna Hoffs of the Bangles. Now it's Liv Tyler. Interestingly, racially I'm close to all three. I think many blondes are totally hot, but I don't want to be them, just the brunettes. Hmmm???

Let's see. I always thought Erin Gray from "Buck Rogers" was gorgeous. And Raquel Welch too! I still remember a movie scene from ages ago where she was a pilot and at one point the villain, in a fit of pique, dropped the zipper on her flight suit Yow that was hot. Can't emulate either of those two, though.

But I think my favorite look was one I captured (a bit) back in February. Tight sweater, short skirt, red hair -- I think I looked a bit like Anne Margaret with straight hair. So if I was emulating someone, it's probably her.

Kassandra

Transgender HouseWife Toni Shelton's Avatar

Greta Garbo

Greta Garbo, I think, She is the most ladylike of all the stars.
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="4"]Toni Shelton[/SIZE][/SIZE]

tonishelton56@yahoo.com

[SIZE="2"]My Mothers first Daughter[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My New Avatar is my New Years Picture, I hope you like.

i would hav to say for ne either lynda carter, she playe wonder woman, or maybe shania twain chantal

I never tried to emulate anyone -- I just try to be the best me that I can.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by krichard View Post
    Let's see. I always thought Erin Gray from "Buck Rogers" was gorgeous. And Raquel Welch too! I still remember a movie scene from ages ago where she was a pilot and at one point the villain, in a fit of pique, dropped the zipper on her flight suit Yow that was hot. Can't emulate either of those two, though.

But I think my favorite look was one I captured (a bit) back in February. Tight sweater, short skirt, red hair -- I think I looked a bit like Anne Margaret with straight hair. So if I was emulating someone, it's probably her.

Kassandra
    I remember Erin Gray, she was definitely a beauty in "Buck Rogers".

When you mentioned about Raquel Welch and the dropped zipper, it reminded me of a comical scene in a Buck Rogers episode where Erin Gray was sort of held against her will in a room with these dwarfs who had some kind of telekinetic power. They had never seen a woman before and wondered what was under her clothing so they used their power to remove pieces of her dress, starting with her belt, then the buttons. Erin was holding up her dress when Buck Rogers came in and saved her. I didn't know how far they would go, but it was sort of a hot scene. Not sure if any of you remember that episode or that particular scene.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

I would say Goldie Hawn with her dippy blonde look and personality or Bonnie Tyler. I sometimes try to emulate her look while singing "Total eclipse of the heart" in front of the mirror I even sound a bit like her [my femme voice is quite husky]

I have today to dress...

...and I did my best Siouxie Sioux makeup today. No, it is not passable, but I must admit, once I got my wig on, I was surprised by the ever so slight resemblance She does some things with her eyebrows that really define her look...that's about where the resemblance stops

Morgan

http://www.austinyoung.com/siouxsie/...stin_young.jpg

http://www.rocklibrary.com/images/EntityImages/1100/1196/Siouxsie%20Sioux1.jpg
    Last edited by SatinDoll00; 08-08-2007 at 02:47 PM.
    “Truth Hits Everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by vivianann View Post
    I would love to look like Dolly Parton, and also have her voice. my second choice would be anna nicole smith, she was HOT!!!.
    Just out of curiosity why would you select two women who are nothing more than plastic and silicone?
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Quote Originally Posted by KandisTX View Post
    Just out of curiosity why would you select two women who are nothing more than plastic and silicone?
    Oh, oh! Oh, Mistah Kottah!!!! It's because most of us are already more than half-way there with the silicon and wigs

Okay, dating myself on the "Welcome Back Kotter" reference. And Joann, I vaguely remember that episode.

The other girl that just came to mind was Athena (Maren Jensen) from the original Battlestar Galactica series. And, oddly enough, there's Mary McDonnell from the new Battlestar Galactica. She's got a decade or more on me, but she looks so good in the show.

Kassandra
    Last edited by kassandra richard; 08-08-2007 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Got to get the wording right :)