Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burnout

Burnout

Has anyone had "burnout" from CDing? I think that I am at that stage. I just have not been feeling the happiness I felt when I usually dress.
    I have felt this way before and have always purged, but now I know that just gets expensive.
    Maybe I just need to go shopping more!

Krista

I get them all the time and burnout on forums too just find them dull

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I've gone through occasional phases were I'm tired of dressing or lost the desire to dress. However the desire always comes back with a vengance and stronger than ever. Jocelyn

There are times when I also go through burnout. Best thing to do is to just pack the clothes away until the desire comes back.
    Last edited by Paula G; 08-11-2007 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Grammar

Been There

Hey,
    Been there done that.
    Paula has the right idea.
    I have two large plastic garbage cans on wheels with Lids that fit tightly.
    In the past when I felt that way I would put things in them and put them in the garage under a lot of stuff so I couldn't get at them easily.
    I think I made it about 4 months one time.
    I'm afraid that wouldn't work now. I only have a couple sets of drab cloths. I am me pretty much 24/7 now.

Yes! But then I find that cute skirt and shoes on sale at Dillards, and right back in the game!

Hang in there hun, and go with the flow.

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Just put all your femme clothes away for a while. There will come a day when you HAVE to get into them again. Wait about 3 days beyond that point and then you will be ready to go again.

Been There, Done That

I am recovering from a recent " dressing burnout ". But, now that is all over and I am back 24/7. This one lasted over a month, my burnouts usually last from 7 - 10 day, and they occur about once a year. I guess it is just something that we all have to live with from time to time. & Trina - Having a Ball
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

ive never compleetly burnt out but some times its just not the same im like kinda ashamed to be burnt out because i know i realy want to be a girl im afraid if i drest 24/7 i would get tired of it , i dont know if thats true but im scared because i dont want to think i do it just for a thrill

I'm at ground zero of a major burn out..... it just slipped away.... And not going to purge, just set it aside till it comes back someday....

SIGH

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Karen Hutton burnt out Armageddon is on the way[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Aspiring Member

me too!

i get burn out every time i have too give it up for family reasons. but i know where ive got them hidden. like now (everyones asleep) not that i'd take avantage of a situation...

Redhead Ready to Rock Bobbie cd's Avatar
    I'd tend to agree with the rest, the urge will return. Don't stress about it, when you feel right, it will be back.

(And I have faith that Karren Hutton will not go gently into that good night! She'll be back, I'd guess sooner rather than later! :winking
    Live in the Present.
    Forgive the Past.

i can relate to the burn out some times a girl just needs a break and some breaks last longer than others right now it's just a little pause in the action

susie

Just wait/ it will feel good again

It happens when things are out of balance. Too much of anything is not a good thing. Try to wait between dressing times,buy what got you hooked in the first place. Keep trying new things new styles.Accept the girl within too, remember not everyone can feel what we can feel, it is a gift.Enjoy yourself and it will all come back in a vengence.
    Huggs,
    Sarah

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    We all experience burnout on all kinds of things and activities. I can't say I have ever experienced burnout from CDing -- it has just been too much of who and what I am for the past fifty-plus years. But, I have experienced major burnouts on other things that I dearly love -- hobbies, activities, etc. When this happens, take a step back, breath, take break -- things usually return to normal!!!
    [SIZE="4"]Sheri[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by susie evans View Post
    i can relate to the burn out some times a girl just needs a break and some breaks last longer than others right now it's just a little pause in the action

susie
    Yes, I have the same experience. I was allready packing all my things into boxes and then starting unpacking by packing. A big 3-day packing-session!

When I came to the point to accept myself as a CD I came close to the idea that now I always have to do it / to be this, after all those big conflicts, a new life was born I thought. In the beginning it was cool, because it was all I ever wanted, but then I started to customize and there were lots of days when I thought, no not today, I just wanna wear a T-Shirt. And then I thought, oh it was just a phase of life and now it's over, ha, ha it wasn't. Take a break like going on holiday, that's normal. Sometimes we just try to hard often even harder than GGs do. So our mind says pause it, stand bye, zero, no fun, later, error. I think that's it.
    we fear what we don’t understand

Gold Member
    Yes I have it right now, but my stuff is there when I do get the urge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen Kelly View Post
    [SIZE="3"]Karen Hutton burnt out Armageddon is on the way[/SIZE]
    I love that movie!!! I get to play Bruce Willis (since I'm into the guy mode and all)!! I love to blow stuff up!!

Karren

.......My Photos

Maybe because I only dress all the way (wig, makeup) once or twice a month I haven’t experienced a burn out. I have gotten bunt out on shaving my chest and legs, but my SO starts complaining about the hair and next thing you know all the hair is gone again.

I think burnout is inherently the so-called definition of fetish

Through my many years of crossdressing, I've burned out many times and have to learn the hard way purging simply ust doesn't work! If you don't feel feminine, all the clothes and makeup, won't make you feminine. Although I love dressing, there is much more to my life than the clothes I wear.

Quote Originally Posted by TreKidation View Post
    I think burnout is inherently the so-called definition of fetish
    I disagree.... I my case I didn't burn out from too much of a good thingy... The need to dress just slipped away slowely over a couple months.... and crossdressing isn't my fetish!!! playing ice hockey is!! hehe

Karren

.......My Photos

Burnout?

I get a chance to go out. That's awesome- almost euphoric. That high lasts a few days- and then the feeling goes away for a couple of weeks- then I see something in a sales ad or see a cute outfit on a girl at work and it's back! Feels great- kind of makes you feel alive like everyone else is sleepwalking through life and missing out on the good stuff!!! There's nothing like that little rush leaving the house with something on- even if it's just panythose on under your slacks!!

Platinum Member
    oh yes been there ... with it lasting quite a while .... lol i remember at one time going so long i thought i was "cured" lol ...the longest it lasted was over a year ......shortest ??? a day........

don't rush it don't push it ......it is what it is...........