Thread: "Little Man" Gets Carded

Talking "Little Man" Gets Carded

I think I woke up in the Twilight Zone yesteray - but I'm not complaining. I went to a chain drugstore while I was downtown yesterday to pick up some stuff and also asked for a pack of cigs (I know, I know, it's bad for me). Anyway, I used a store coupon I had to get $5 off my total and when the salesclerk rang up my stuff he asked me for ID. Here's how the conversation went:

Clerk: I need to see some ID

Me: ID? Why, I've never been asked for ID for a store coupon before.

Clerk: No, not for that, for this (points to the pack of cigs)

Me: *hysterically laughing* What? Are you serious? How old do you think I am?

Clerk: *very seriously* I don't know . . .

Me: *pulling out my driver's license (covering my pic with my thumb 'cause it's still too girly) and putting it in front of his face* I'm 46, but thanks for making my day!

He didn't think it was funny, but I was still laughing as I walked out of the store. Unbelievable! I was never even carded when I WAS a minor! Haha . . .

And here's part two of my Twilight Zone day:

I then went to the nursing home to see Mom and chatted with her for about an hour (I would have stayed longer 'cause I haven't seen her in too long, but she was in a weird mood and very argumentative about silly things). As I was saying goodbye to her, another resident that was sitting nearby asked her, "Is that your little man?" I couldn't believe my ears! I looked at Mom and she answered in a VERY annoyed voice, "No! That's my daughter!" I resisted the urge to laugh, patted the other woman on the back and ran out of there.

OMG, what a weird day. I was only wearing shorts, sandals, a black T-shirt, baseball cap and shades. Nothing different from what I normally wear. And I had even trimmed my chin hairs (though I won't shave it all off), which normally makes people call me "ma'am". My son says it's the baseball cap and shades 'cause apparently that's what most minors wear. I just think I must be dreaming - but I'm sure the high will wear off as soon as I get my next "ma'am".
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sorry to hear about your Mom arguing

Other than that it sounds like a great day

Be careful of the other old lady she may be after you
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Wow Lex, that would have made my day as well, except for the arguement with mom and buying cigarettes (I quit in the 70's). Too cool, dude.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Wow, I would have pegged you for a early 30's slacker, not one of us older yuppies! Lookin good Captn!
    Sally

Platinum Member
    There must be something about the states, cos ive NEVER been carded here in the UK for alcohol (i dont smoke).....and on my 27th birthday i was in the states eating in Red lobster in celebration, i asked for a beer and they asked me for ID, well i was really like & i too laughed my ass off lol....it really made my night i can tell you, the waitress thought i was 17!! 10 years younger lol...sorry you had your mom in a bad mood!

Gold Member
    It's all ways a good feeling to get carded and Captain? I must say you are looking good

Platinum Member
    hey Capt... wicked cool all the way around .... even the part abought having a arguement with mom.....means Mom is still sharp .... and a tad fisty.... and thats a good thingy......

I know the feeling Lex. That happened to me about a year ago in a drug store as Rich. Must have been a boring day for the clerk as I don't look a day over 55 as a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy me View Post
    hey Capt... wicked cool all the way around .... even the part abought having a arguement with mom.....means Mom is still sharp .... and a tad fisty.... and thats a good thingy......
    I was thinking the same thing, Wendy - when Mom argues it usually means she's feeling alright, so I didn't take it too hard. Just Mom being Mom - she must be feeling good.

Tina - thanks for the compliment, babe. Glad you're hanging around here more often.

Haha, Shelly I hadn't thought of that - I'll have to watch out for her.

Holly - I quit in the 70's too, but it's back. Must be part of my bad boy persona.

Aw, thanks Sally. People usually think I'm a bit younger, but there's no way I look as young as that clerk thought - he must need glasses or something. Was pretty cool, though.

You know, Kieron, it sounds like people in the UK must look younger than their counterparts on this side of the pond, so that's probably why you get carded here and not there. And if I'm looking younger, that must mean I've been hanging around with you Brits for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandra View Post
    I know the feeling Lex. That happened to me about a year ago in a drug store as Rich. Must have been a boring day for the clerk as I don't look a day over 55 as a guy.
    Haha, Sal, but you're young at heart - that must be what he saw.
    Last edited by Holly; 08-12-2007 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Multiposting, captain? You know better :o)
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

neet, weldone

I have day's like that sometimes. I have no idear what I do to pass on those days... I only ever get IDed when I'm passing. I gues I look like an ikkle boy.
    Mentaly unstable like a fox!

Transitional Journal on the FTM transitioning bord: A to B, via T

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...4faf/event.png

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I have day's like that sometimes. I have no idear what I do to pass on those days...
    Don't you wish we could figure it out, so we could repeat whatever it was everyday?

Love your avatar, btw.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    Tina - thanks for the compliment, babe. Glad you're hanging around here more often.
    With hunks like you around I think I'll stay around a bit more

well cool welcome to my world i get ID asked for for everything fags, petrol yes petrol theres a hole story to this one, booze i actully have to carry my ID with me full time.

sounds like a good day to me

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    well cool welcome to my world i get ID asked for for everything fags, petrol yes petrol theres a hole story to this one, booze i actully have to carry my ID with me full time.

sounds like a good day to me
    omg Petrol? wtf? you so have to tell us that one lol

Haha Capt, that's excellent on both counts. Must be a fun time. I'm still at the stage where NOT getting carded is exciting, because it means I look older...
    Duude John, love the avatar. In shared Eddie-ness, this really sexy guy asked me the other day if I wanted a cup of coffee. I was very tempted to answer "Yes, very much, but that's sorta awkward because there's someone else in the room."
    Anyay don't wanna be a thread stealer. Yay for the Capt.
    I wanna know, can you show me
    I wanna know about these
    strangers like me
    Tell me more, please show me
    Somethings familiar about these strangers like me

Very funny Cap'n. I guess we transmen do look a lot younger than we are.
    Story of my life –>

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    omg Petrol? wtf? you so have to tell us that one lol
    basicly i pulled into the garage filled my car up and went to pay the woman said to me did i just see you pull up in that car pointing to my mini i said yes and she said ohh your not old enough to drive i said i was and she said im not leaveing and she is going to call the police i thought wtf!!! Anyways she calls someone from the back and this other woman also says im not old enough to drive so i get my lisence out and show them both they was looking from the card in there hand to me and then went ok sorry then added i should be greatfull i look younger i mean erm no you almost called the police on me although i dident say that to them i was fed up by then and just payed and left.

but really if i dident have my lisence i would have been held there and police called that i tell you is not funny

Good for you! Sounds like a great day all around.
    I have the opposite problem, people want to give a senior citizen discount!:mad:
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

LOL, that's too funny... reminded me of the one and only time I got carded too and I was 28 I asked the bouncer (nightclub) if he was having a laugh, to which he looked at me with a straight face and said 'do I look like I'm kidding'... pulled out my drivers licence... he went bright red, but it made my night
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

"Is that your little man?"
    The "man" part was ok, but "little"....sounds kind of derogatory to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bi_weird View Post
    In shared Eddie-ness, this really sexy guy asked me the other day if I wanted a cup of coffee. I was very tempted to answer "Yes, very much, but that's sorta awkward because there's someone else in the room."
    Anyay don't wanna be a thread stealer. Yay for the Capt.
    Very cool, Bi - you know Eddie stories are always welcome. Mmmm . . . Eddie

Wow, Adam, petrol? That story is crazy . . .

Aw, Lily . . .

Tamara, that's pretty funny - I can totally picture you saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie909
    The "man" part was ok, but "little"....sounds kind of derogatory to me.
    Nah, Laurie, I didn't take it that way. I figure my mom has probably been bragging about her grandson (my son) to everyone there and the woman may have assumed that's who I was. So I guess that's a double compliment - she thought I was young enough to be her grandson.

girl next door
    that would make anyone's day!

great story (ies) Cap't
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words