Thread: Suss CDer

Suss CDer

I have a workmate of whom I am suspicious of being a CDer.
    There have been a couple of clues, such as trimmed eyebrows at a time when our local CD group meets and other subtle hints. How do I broach the subject with them.
    How do I tell them that I CD without outing myself to a workmate? Any suggestions. Any ideas. Anyone else in the same boat?

Hugs

Yvonne
    Always remember you're unique... Just like everyone else.

Yvonne I have found through much regret that honesty is always the best policy, but I don't just want to throw quotes around. I think your situation is tough but if you handle it with decorum I think the outcome may surprise you. I have not been in your situation however so my advice may not be the best. Just have confidence in yourself. What are the reasons of not wanting to out yourself? As long as you are happy no worries!! Maybe you could just start simply by making a compliment on the appearance of the other person, people generally will respond to a compliment, many don't like to be complimented, but they will still respond. Based on the response I think you will know if you can carry on the rest of the conversation or just bag it and move on. Hope I helped!!

Hi Yvonne,

I think you do need to risk outing yourself if you want to find out about your workmate. Otherwise, why should he trust that you are genuine?

Maybe wear some clear nailpolish one day, let him see your nails, and see how he reacts.

Good luck!

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

suss cder

Go to the meeting night out and find your co-worker there, that is a sure way to be able to break the ice and it should go well if "she" is there as you suspect.

How 'bout this? Next time the two of you are in conversation, steer the talk to relationships (in general), and casually mention, "I was reading this book by Dr Peggy Rudd and she says..."

If he bites, set the hook... he may respond, he may wait and respond later, but if he is plucking and trimming he is probably brave enough to comment.

But if he doesn't know Peggy Rudd, he may just be a careful groomer!
    -Dayna

Self-professed godess of Photoshop... because a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Earlier, I was going to suggest saying "I was reading an article by Dr Harry Benjamin...", but thought that may be too drastic.

But dropping a semi-famous name or two from the CD community may be a good strategy.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe