Thread: Surreal! (shopping with SO)

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar

Surreal! (shopping with SO)

The other day I went out shopping with my SO, nothing new in that. She was looking for a new pair of trousers for work.

So there we are going through the clothes, suddenly she picks up a skirt looks at, shows it to me and says (I'm in drab btw).

'That'll look nice on you, but you'd need a top to go with it'

I'm stopped in my tracks, replaying everything again through my head, feeling that this was a slightly surreal moment.

Mind you, its does confirms one thing, that she accepts me for me, (tangent point here) strange as its seems it me who is finding it slightly difficult accpting her accepting me, but that's improving.

More shopping trips to come, hopefully

Great! Let the good times roll!

Smile

What a neat way to buy clothes. Wish I had someone to help me along. Enjoy.

Jolene

It's not strange at all Rachel. Almost all of us went through that the first time we came out to an SO. We get so used to assuming that we won't be accepted that it takes a while for us to adjust to the new dynamic.

It's like we're so used to sailing into a headwind that we get disoriented when the wind changes to our favour. Or like having a tug-of-war, and all of a sudden there's no tension on the rope.

Take your time, you will both adjust to the new balance if you communicate & acknowledge your own & each others feelings. Every CD/TG person is unique. Don't think that you have to be or feel a certain way to qualify.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Junior Member Hippy Chic's Chick's Avatar

Women LOVE shopping! Once your SO accepts your CDing, it's just an excuse for another shopping partner, or someone to play make-up with. It's a really enjoyable aspect of the whole thing, lol. We also love giving beauty and dressing hints, so make the most of it and ask your SO for tips, she'll love that you came to her.

As an aside - we were all mucking about yesterday, HC had bought me some new undies. He held the bra over his t-shirt and said to the kids, "Do you like my bra?" (They don't know about his dressing, but my 10yr old son dies of embarrassment at the mention of the word 'bra', so it's a bit of ribbing that we all do in this house). My 8yr old daughter simply rolled her eyes and said, "You've got it too low!".

I swear, another minute and she'd have had him fully dressed and educated in the art of wearing girly things, lol. So, I guess we start young.

My next project is getting HC to fall in love with shoes so that I can have a whole day of unadulterated shoe shopping without being asked what's so good about them. I've started already...
    "I want to feel like a woman!" Said my boyfriend.

"OK", I replied. "The baby needs breastfeeding, the ironing pile is in the kitchen and the washing up is in the sink."

...and I went to the pub.