Thread: Jury Duty

Youngirl at Heart

Question Jury Duty

I received a summons for jury duty, and my first thought was, "What shall I wear?" There's no formal dress code, but "business attire" is suggested. Hmmmm. I'd love to show up in heels, pantyhose, and a nice skirt suit. Don't think I have enough nerve for that, however. So how about if I replace the skirt with some feminine pants? And skip the wig? (My natural hair is short, but long enough that I could style it somewhat femininely.) Of course, I'd wear my breast forms. And makeup.

But is even that too much? Would my attire be frowned upon by the court? Not that I care if they don't happen to like the way I dress, but I don't want to get into any legal trouble. Or am I just being paranoid?

Do any of you girls have any thoughts, opinions, or advice? Maybe a personal experience with the legal system? Any replies would be greatly appreciated!
    Sidney -- Youngirl at Heart

"I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes. I had one thousand sixty." --Imelda Marcos

"Real men don't need to define what a 'real man' is." --Sidney

It depends if you want to server on the jury or not. A friend showed up at jury selection wearing his normal attire: cowboy hat, boots, jeans, huge rodeo buckle, Burt Reynolds mustache. Turned out the defendant was native, and there was a serious question whether or not my friend had deliberately dressed in stereotypical redneck mode just to get eliminated. Not sure of your jurisdiction, but here that would be a 'Contempt of Court" charge. Luckily, after a couple of questions, they realized he was a sincere, articulate gentlemen with an authentic ranch background. Tell us how it turns out. wenda.

I agree with Wenda, I would be worried about "Comtempt or Court" charges. I do not know about your court rules but here in Orange County California the judges are very conservitive.

Richelle

i am doing jury now and we can wear casual blue jeans shirt .
    i think its up to the judge what you wear and i wear my cowboy boots and we are dealing with a native and there is no conflict

What country are you in? That could make a difference. If you're an American, what part of the country are you in? I say go for it. If nothing else, you'll get your picture in the paper. Wouldn't that be grand?

Banned Read only
    Depends on if its for the 'Micheal Jackson' case. IF IT IS i suggest that you dress in DRAG so you'll blend in. The "SCOTT PETERSON" case required everybody to dress like LAWYERS to sit on the jury. Please consult a JURY FASHION CONSULTANT the next time a summons arrives. They may suggest an 'Innocent' girl attire at the "KOBBY BRYANT" type trial.

Dawn Marrie (Thats Who I Be !) And feeling FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Thought you all might find this interesting as well Click here
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Saw your post, Holly. You are certainly a california kind of girl. And that a good thing.

Dawn Marrie (Thats Who I Be ! )

Youngirl at Heart

Thanks

Thanks, girls, for the advice and insights.

I really don't like the idea of getting stuck serving on a jury, but that's not my reason for considering going to court en femme. Rather, since this will be one day (or more) when I'm neither at home nor at work (I can't dress as I want in either place), I saw it as an opportunity to allow my clothing to express who I am inside.

But I wouldn't want to be accused of something by a full-of-himself judge. I used to live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and if I was still there, I'd be less worried about a possible bad experience. But I recently moved south, to Monterey County, and I really don't know what to expect down there.

Well, I still have a couple of weeks to decide. I'll keep you all posted.

"I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes. I had one thousand sixty." --Imelda Marcos

Youngirl at Heart

No Jury Duty After All

I realize that this is sort of anti-climactic, but I did promise to keep you all posted...

As it turns out, I didn't have to report for jury duty after all. I made the obligatory contact the night before reporting, and was told that my services were not required.

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I was kind of looking forward to "pushing the envelope" in my courtroom attire. On the other hand, I really didn't want to be a juror.

Sorry I don't have a more interesting tale to tell...

Maybe you should ask the judge before you go to jury duty? They may understand, they may not. You can always wear panties, hose and lingerie under your drab clothes...

Luv Misty