Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I am accepting...as long as you are like me!

Emerging butterfly...
    My, my... I'm still new here & haven't yet seen this much passion in a thread!

I'm Bi also & do tend to notice an occasional insensitive adjective or remark from a rare sister. I've been guilty of the same in my ignorant past & I'm sure I'll slip-up again sometimes in this life. Unless it's obviously someones intention to be nasty I just let it roll on by me because I know we're all just children in different "grades of school". I still choose to completely support my straight sisters since we are ALL TG, & need solidarity if we ever wanna have acceptance from the "drab-world".

As true "ladies" we might just use gentle reminders now & then to remind each other of that fact. Now how about a big group hug & let's trade some make-up tips as we make up?

Bi-Bye,

Veronica

See Your Point

[SIZE="3"]I see where you're coming from SatinDoll. I have learned from everyone here and every forum. This was the first forum I joined after outted myself as a CD/TG.

You're right when you say that we're all in this together.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Tell me about it

I posted a treat a few weeks back about "For those of you who likes to be dominated". Right away, I got response like this: "it seems to me that this topic is not an appropriate one for public discussion here". So I had to edit my msg to have the ones interested to PM me. You wouldn't beleive the response I got and still getting.

The way I look at it is like this. If the TOPIC offends you right off the bat......THAN DON"T GO INTO IT. It's that simpe.

If you think that there's gay/lesbian baching in here, you should see when you are into BDSM and Sub/Dom.........they freak

Wifeofsissy GG

This thread still going? Wow! I suppose I should throw in my

Firstly, the issue of infidelity. It's fairly clear that the general forum opinion is that being CD or Bi is not an excuse to permit infidelity. This is a support forum for crossdressing, not adultery. If people want to brag about their infidelity, they should not expect approval here.

Sometimes, people do have affairs & get themselves into trouble. That's understandable. But I can't say much to them until they break up with one or the other, except "Stop it!". When they stop cheating, I am here to give my support.

Infidelity hurts. It's not nice to have your beating heart ripped from your chest & stomped upon by the person who you thought loved you.

And now for homophobia, etc.

Sometimes remarks are made here that are less than diplomatic, but no real insult is intended. You could put it down to some people not being very familiar with all the different strands of our community here. And it's so easy for misunderstandings to occur with these sensitive topics, as this thread itself shows!

Sometimes, hetero CDs loudly proclaim they don't want people to think they are gay. No insult to gay people is intended. It's just hard for a straight GM to get a relationship if everyone thinks he's gay. Or if the CD's already in a committed relationship, and the SO is concerned on this matter, the CD will do everything possible to reassure her.

Perhaps such statements could be expressed in a more diplomatic fashion?

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chantelle CD View Post
    I have noticed a lac of replies to my posts by a great number of people on here as well, and that includes Admins as well!!!
    Well, I can only speak for myself, but this is not the first time I have heard someone say -- usually a neophyte to the site -- that they aren't getting replies to threads they start, not even from the administrators. Just from what I have learned in the time I have been on here: (a.) It isn't the administrator's job to reply to every thread, or even any threads -- they just monitor things to make sure forum rules are being followed. That said, any number of them will respond any time they have something to say about a thread -- you can tell this by the fact that they have such a large number of postings. (b.) Not every thread will generate what you might hope for or desire. I have had a few threads I have started that went absolutely nowhere when I expected a huge response. And, conversely, I have some that I thought were mundane-but-interesting that exploded with responses when I expected otherwise. You never know -- it depends on who is on, who is lurking, and who is away.

The thing is, say what is on your heart, within the bounds of the forums rules and respectful decorum, and I think you will find the interaction on this forum to be good and very respectful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PortiaHoney View Post
    Being new to this Forum, I have found some threads to be not to my taste, so why comment, move on to what you are looking for. Find what is important to you. there is plenty to choose from. I, for one, love the acceptance and support. There are other sites which are more risque are out there, which is why i came here. I think that some CD's have such an issue accepting their own behaviour and the questions it raises about ourselves that they tend to strike out at what is outside their point of view, even though that view is definately outside the norm. I can live with EWWE or whatever, to each their own taste.
    You've got it! Don't be a fish -- hooked and pulled into someone trolling or a topic you don't have any interest in. If you find something that interests you, say what you feel. If you aren't interested in a thread's topic, move on. I, like I think most on here, pass over a goodly number of threads b/c they hold no interest and look for those that center on what I am interested in, or where I think I can contribute something.

All-in-all, this forum is excellent!!!!!!! Sure it has a few bumps from time-to-time, but in my experience, it has less than any forum I have ever participated in.

One topic that seems to raise the ire of a whole lot of participants is adultery!!! Having been a victim, myself, I understand this b/c while I can debate many topics -- and hopefully disagree without being disagreeable when such situations arise -- adultery is, IMHO, the single-most harmful/hurtful action a person can perpetuate against another where there is supposed to exist solemn vows!!! Like Diane Lane's character says in Under The Tuscan Sun, the amazing thing about divorce is that doesn't actually kill you!

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Leigh View Post
    Firstly, the issue of infidelity. It's fairly clear that the general forum opinion is that being CD or Bi is not an excuse to permit infidelity. This is a support forum for crossdressing, not adultery. If people want to brag about their infidelity, they should not expect approval here.
    I "think" this is how this cuurrent firestorm got started -- someone "bragged" about how an upcoming trip of their spouse would allow them to dress and go out and pick up same-sex partners. I know of a couple of GG's that this really upset -- and I understand that!!! I also know how it upset some (many?) of us who are TG/TS/TV/CD (whatever), not b/c of intolerance for bisexuality, but b/c of the deceit and infidelity!!!

IMO, this is, compared to other sites, a remarkably tolerant site, all things considered. That said, even with the best of sites, you are going to have some issues that generate heat!

I think Robin has noted another significant reason for why these things can become problematic:
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin Leigh View Post
    Sometimes remarks are made here that are less than diplomatic, but no real insult is intended. You could put it down to some people not being very familiar with all the different strands of our community here. And it's so easy for misunderstandings to occur with these sensitive topics, as this thread itself shows!

Sometimes, hetero CDs loudly proclaim they don't want people to think they are gay. No insult to gay people is intended. It's just hard for a straight GM to get a relationship if everyone thinks he's gay. Or if the CD's already in a committed relationship, and the SO is concerned on this matter, the CD will do everything possible to reassure her.

Perhaps such statements could be expressed in a more diplomatic fashion?
    I agree with Robin!!! I also have to wonder if the world-wide nature of this forum doesn't also play into this somewhat (not a lot, but somewhat). As we've seen in other threads, "language" can be problematic (even if everybody rsponding is from the same country).
    Then, when you have members from other nations, well the problem just grows.

FOR EXAMPLE: In the UK they speak English -- but in America, English has all but disappeared!!! Okay, funny, maybe -- serious, very likely!!! Sometimes I see the differences in our nationalities and cultures by, for example, how Americans JUMP right in any discussion, proclaiming certain constitutional freedoms. True, many other countries have tremndous freedoms, but it never ceases to amaze me how many of my fellow Americans think that what we have is automatically "the ruling standard" of the forum. The "rules" the site's owner established are the standard, not those of one nation over another!!!
    [SIZE="4"]Sheri[/SIZE]