Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am accepting...as long as you are like me!

I am accepting...as long as you are like me!

I have noticed that there is a certain degree of intolerance here on this board.

I wasn't going to make an issue out of this, but I seriously feel that I may want to search for somewhere else.

There is way too much bashing of homosexual and bisexuals here.

Words like "ick" and "eww" and "nasty" are not really needed.

Has anyone else picked up on this? I sort of understand it from the GGs and the SOs...they feel threatened, so it gets their dander up.

I want to remind everyone here that we all (at least the CDs/TGs) are involved in something that is generally not accepted by mainstream society. For you to call someone else "nasty" or "icky" is just plain ignorant!!

Don't be a hypocrite. We all want acceptance, and alienating one another is not going to get us where we want to be. We all have our opinions about things, but ripping into someone, the way I have seen done here, does not exactly solidify us as a community.

Gays and Lesbians are united, and they show support for one another...this is one reason that they are generally more accepted than CD/TGs.

Seriously...if you are straight, gay, or bi, it doesn't matter...we are all in this thing together. Slamming one another (don't even say it) for our sexual preferences or habits demeans us all and makes us nothing more than those we seek to change.

Should we segregate this forum?? A certain area for CDs, another for TGs, another for gay CDs, another for straight CDs, another for Black CDs, another for Jewish CDs, another for middle aged CDs, another for Hindu CDs...you see where I am going???

I have not been here long...and I feel that some of you are really great, and I feel that ALL of us deserve better than the treatment I have seen dished out here.

Please, let me know if I am out of line here. If this board is going to turn into a place that only CDs that are straight, out to their SOs (if they have them), and otherwise meet some kind of criteria can participate, beyond being CD/TG, then let me know...and I will be gone.

Thanks,
    Morgan
    Last edited by SatinDoll00; 08-20-2007 at 06:16 PM.
    “Truth Hits Everybody"

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.
    well said.

I for one need to learn to separate my feelings about when my ox is being gored from how that perspective can be hurtful to the rest.

edit (after two pages of accusations about who doesn't accept whom and who is narrow minded and who is enlightened):

It seems inconsistent that "I don't get why some behavior or another is interesting" is "not accepting" but there is no need to be accepting of viewpoints if those viewpoints can be labeled as "narrow-minded". It sounds to me like those who wish to pretend that its not cheating if you are dressed, object to anyone making what are admittedly moral judgments about the behavior.

You can certainly reject my morality and substitute your own. I know that I have at times done just that. Rationalizing is the way we protect ourselves.
    Last edited by BarbaraTalbot; 08-20-2007 at 08:21 PM.
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

Look at my posts I hate the we are better than you crowd ie the panty police there are far too many that are to quick to jump on the fetish gay or anything that is not boring. They will run down anyone who does not conform to thier narrow minded ideals so fight against em make your sig count dont let right wing America take over here

Quote Originally Posted by Toyah View Post
    dont let right wing America take over here
    Uh oh...now we need a seperate section for Republican CDs???

Only kidding sweetie!! Thanks for the reply!

Morgan
    “Truth Hits Everybody"

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    No, just a non-conforming section for overseas members
    Sorry I have not been around this area lately and have not noticed your complaint sources. Not that I would be worried anyway, out of place members tend to vanish without notice
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

I can't say that I've seen what I would call bashing here, but I haven't been looking for it either.

I have seen an occasional comment verging on rude regarding gay and/or bi people, but nothing anywhere near being vicious. While I disagree with that mentality, I feel that people should be free to express themselves as long as they don't get too ugly about it.

This place theoretically ought to be free of that sort of thing IMO, but we have a lot of wildly different people here, and we're not all going to agree on everything. We should be able to respectfully express opinions, even if others here don't like or agree with our opinions.

Leave if you must, but there is no place that is perfect. This place is the best I've found so far, so I try to accept it as-is, works sometimes, doesn't at other times.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Platinum Member
    OK as a member here and as a admin here ... as i see things two sided ....i am straight and those that are gay and those that are bi to each their own ..... do as you please it's your life ... just don't hurt any one ...

as a admin here my job is quite simple fairly enforce the rules for all members ... do what is for the good of the forum and it's members...

there are threads that start off OK but have the "history" of going off topic and causing trouble a few we have out here now..

your taking offense to others comments i can see were you might be coming from... but i can see were your going with this thread too...

what to do ??? what to do ??? do i close it ??? stop were it's going?? why then that backs up your "BASHING BS" ... i think i am more than fair and understanding not only as a member here but also as a admin here... as is the rest of the staff here .....

i saw posts all around in threads you are talking abought off topic and edgy ... now please your saying your going to have to find another place to go???? excuse me for being blunt .. i believe this thread is nothing more than a tool to start more "BS" ... and yet a nouther round of forum trouble ...

poor me threads started to get people all worked up is nothing more than trolling....

opinions expressed are mine .... and according to the thread starter should be welcome lest .... your bashing the forum and it's members ..... that the case ???.........

I've not seen anything like that on this board, I think you've got the wrong end of a certain thread!!!! nuff said!!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Junior Member Hippy Chic's Chick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SatinDoll00 View Post

Has anyone else picked up on this? I sort of understand it from the GGs and the SOs...they feel threatened, so it gets their dander up.
    *Ahem*

I do not feel threatened at all. I haven't got a homophobic bone in my body, I was just as loud as some GGs who wanted to state on another thread that MOST CDs are straight men - and we know that it's not the norm for CDing to involve being gay or bi.

As I've said previously, I seriously doubt that the proportion of gay or bisexual males is higher amongst CDers than in any other cross section of society.

And I hasten to add - there is absolutely nothing threatening about a man in a nighty.
    "I want to feel like a woman!" Said my boyfriend.

"OK", I replied. "The baby needs breastfeeding, the ironing pile is in the kitchen and the washing up is in the sink."

...and I went to the pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy me View Post
    OK as a member here and as a admin here ... as i see things two sided ....i am straight and those that are gay and those that are bi to each their own ..... do as you please it's your life ... just don't hurt any one ...

as a admin here my job is quite simple fairly enforce the rules for all members ... do what is for the good of the forum and it's members...

there are threads that start off OK but have the "history" of going off topic and causing trouble a few we have out here now..

your taking offense to others comments i can see were you might be coming from... but i can see were your going with this thread too...

what to do ??? what to do ??? do i close it ??? stop were it's going?? why then that backs up your "BASHING BS" ... i think i am more than fair and understanding not only as a member here but also as a admin here... as is the rest of the staff here .....

i saw posts all around in threads you are talking abought off topic and edgy ... now please your saying your going to have to find another place to go???? excuse me for being blunt .. i believe this thread is nothing more than a tool to start more "BS" ... and yet a nouther round of forum trouble ...

poor me threads started to get people all worked up is nothing more than trolling....

opinions expressed are mine .... and according to the thread starter should be welcome lest .... your bashing the forum and it's members ..... that the case ???.........

Sorry Wendy I disagree you should stop those who are so narrow minded !!!!

Hang on, why are the GG's & SO's getting it in the neck here?

If i recall correctly (& I haven't been back to check) but the "icky" & "eerrr" threads about gay sex were actually posted by CD's.
    [SIZE="3"]Ever painted yourself blue, & pretended to be Smurfette?[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    Toyah OK so we the staff ... your" panty Mafia" should stop those who are so narrow minded ??? cool yet is it not as narrow minded to stop one's opinion and allow anouthers???.....simple rules apply to all and this thread in my opinion is nothing more than "BS" trolling ...........

Quote Originally Posted by Hippy Chic View Post
    Hang on, why are the GG's & SO's getting it in the neck here?

If i recall correctly (& I haven't been back to check) but the "icky" & "eerrr" threads about gay sex were actually posted by CD's.
    There's nothing bloody new there, we always get it in the neck... you know why? because when we say something, we don't piss about around the houses, we come right out with it... sorry if that's harsh, but fgs, a few of us come out of hiding and post a bit and omg... we're gay bashing... whatever satin, you need to get with the damn program and try READING SOMETHING for a change instead of jumping to flaming conclusions, posting this bullcrap and stirring....

*goes off to bang head against brick wall... maybe I'll paint it purple*
    Administrator

Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

It is ok to not like something. It's ok to speak one's mind (and indeed this right is protected in the United States and elsewhere in the civilized world), even if the language is vulgar. It would be ideal if all people were respectful with each other, but of course this will never happen.

It is not ok to pass laws that deny or limit rights to citizens because of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc. Put another way, as individuals we must expect and indeed tolerate contrary, absurd, and outrageous non-violent behavior (especially in a representative democracy). We, in turn, have the right to ignore such individuals by tuning them out (turning off the television, radio, not reading a book, or walking away). Likewise, the moderator of a public forum has the right to shut them out.

In terms of my situation, people can think crossdressing is nasty, disgusting, perverted or whatever. I wish they didn't think that, but that is the way it is for many. I let them think and say what they want, and perhaps there is an opportunity to educate along the way. What is not acceptable is denying someone the same rights enjoyed by all because of crossdressing (for example, getting fired because a fellow colleague discovered you wear clothing of the opposite sex during your free time).

In the United States, our freedom of speech is and has been protected since 1789. It is a right rarely challenged. Most people around the world do not have this basic right. We should remember that. You should also take comfort in knowing that, in time, the ignorant among us will lose and those of enlightened constitution will inherit the Earth. This is why terrorism does not scare me, it merely annoys me.

Now, let's talk about about upcoming fall fashions.
    Last edited by Alex!; 08-20-2007 at 07:25 PM.
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara GG View Post
    There's nothing bloody new there, we always get it in the neck... you know why? because when we say something, we don't piss about around the houses, we come right out with it... sorry if that's harsh, but fgs, a few of us come out of hiding and post a bit and omg... we're gay bashing... whatever satin, you need to get with the damn program and try READING SOMETHING for a change instead of jumping to flaming conclusions, posting this bullcrap and stirring....

well bleeding said Tamara!, i dont understand why this thread has been started, am i missing something please tell me??, ive seen no gay bashing on the forum by ANY GG, all ive seen is GGs say they believe its cheating if they are with a CD and that CD goes off with a man, going with a man beyond the boundaries of a relationship is wrong and deceitful, dressed or not! I too agreed with this and i will agree with this til the day i die!

Quote Originally Posted by Andreamfor View Post
    People can think crossdressing is nasty, disgusting, perverted or whatever. I wish they didn't think that, but that is the way it is for many. I let them think and say what they want, and perhaps there is an opportunity to educate along the way. What is not acceptable is denying someone the same rights enjoyed by all because of crossdressing (for example, getting fired because a fellow colleague discovered you wear clothing of the opposite sex during your free time).
    But no one has said that.... the whole thing has started because someone gloated about their SO being away and then they cheated with ANOTHER MAN...

Administrator

Has anyone else picked up on this? I sort of understand it from the GGs and the SOs...they feel threatened, so it gets their dander up.[/COLOR]
    Please don't make generalisations about us. Everyone hates it when we do it about CDers. And since when have us GG's been taking part in this so called bashing? I certainly haven't seen a single GG take part in this.

If you are refering to our comments on the thread about how many people have been with a guy, we weren't trying to put anyone down. The point we were trying to make (and that so many people appear to have missed) is that is that really appropriate for the forum? Is it really the type of image you want to portray of the CDing community to people who are here seeking help and answers (e.g. SO's who have recently found out).

Do you honestly want to potentially miss the opportunity to help a GG become accepting and understand what CDing really is for something so insignificant. Afterall, I often see replies to new GG's posts reassuring her that it is unlikely her partner is gay, wants to sleep with other men etc. Kinda seems ironic really when you consider the topic of the current most popular thread.

Yes we should all be dubious of what we read on the internet, how do we know it's really true? But in that situation, a GG is likely to take most things at face value. I know I certainly would have done.

But the one thing I do not agree with in any way shape or form is cheating on your partner. Being unfaithful is not acceptable, it just isn't fair on the other party and I will be extremely outspoken about the fact. Fair enough, what you do in your own personal and private life is your choice, but to go glorifying it on the internet is just unacceptable. If you really feel the need to talk about it, then use one of the private forums but for goodness sake it really isn't a topic to be discussed in the open forums of this site that can be viewed by anyone at all.

Would you think it's acceptable to be unfaithful to your wife with another woman (a GG that is)? If the answer is no then how on earth can you justify being unfaithful to her with another man? If you really cannot be faithful to one person (be that a man or a woman) then you shouldn't be in a relationship.

But no, I certainly have no problem at all with any lifestyle (I think that pretty much covers gender and sexual choices) people choose to lead.

But I do think everyone on this site needs to think long and hard about the image it is portraying to the wider community and whether this is really the way you wish them to view the CDing community.
    Last edited by Ema1234 GG; 08-20-2007 at 07:25 PM.
    God does not play dice with the universe.

He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared from the perspective of any of the other players (i.e. everybody) to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stales, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules and who smiles all the time.

Lipstick Lez at heart! celtic.blue.eyes's Avatar
    I've intentionally stayed out of those threads, because I'm quite partial to the feminine side, and I do have some very strong feelings about honesty. But I will address to your concerns, even if they do border on the politically correct.

I have noticed that there is a certain degree of intolerance here on this board.

I wasn't going to make an issue out of this, but I seriously feel that I may want to search for somewhere else.

There is way too much bashing of homosexual and bisexuals here.

Words like "ick" and "eww" and "nasty" are not really needed.
    Isn't the purpose of a forum to be open to everyone for honest discussion? If someone finds a man's genitals in their face to be "ick" and "eww" and "nasty", why shouldn't they be be able to express it? According to polls on this forum, About half of us feel that way.

So it's OK if GG's and SO's say something, but it's not OK if the rest of us do?? Personally, I believe in equality for everyone.

I want to remind everyone here that we all (at least the CDs/TGs) are involved in something that is generally not accepted by mainstream society. For you to call someone else "nasty" or "icky" is just plain ignorant!!
    But consider that a lot of the CD's that express a desire to be with a guy are married or have female SO's. That is beyond plain ignorant, and they should be told so.

Don't be a hypocrite. We all want acceptance, and alienating one another is not going to get us where we want to be. We all have our opinions about things, but ripping into someone, the way I have seen done here, does not exactly solidify us as a community.

Gays and Lesbians are united, and they show support for one another...this is one reason that they are generally more accepted than CD/TGs.
    I agree wholeheartedly. We can support each other, but that does not necessarily mean we have to like each and every action another CD does. Take for example the universally negative response of "borrowing" another woman's clothes. It was certainly OK for everyone to disagree, but I guess that was not a politically incorrect issue, so the PC police were not there.

Seriously...if you are straight, gay, or bi, it doesn't matter...we are all in this thing together. Slamming one another (don't even say it) for our sexual preferences or habits demeans us all and makes us nothing more than those we seek to change.

Should we segregate this forum?? A certain area for CDs, another for TGs, another for gay CDs, another for straight CDs, another for Black CDs, another for Jewish CDs, another for middle aged CDs, another for Hindu CDs...you see where I am going???

I have not been here long...and I feel that some of you are really great, and I feel that ALL of us deserve better than the treatment I have seen dished out here.

Please, let me know if I am out of line here. If this board is going to turn into a place that only CDs that are straight, out to their SOs (if they have them), and otherwise meet some kind of criteria can participate, beyond being CD/TG, then let me know...and I will be gone.
    I don't think you are out of line, but you may want to consider the fact that everyone thinks a little differently, and be willing to accept that fact. While we may all be in the same boat, going in generally the same direction, there will be differences. So what? That's life!

Thanks,
    Morgan
    Actually I think you will find that the administrators of this forum do a really fine job of keeping things in line. They are accepting and open minded, but clamp down when things get out of hand. By all means, stick around! We may not see things eye to eye, but hey, I can accept that.
    God's finest work of art is that of a beautiful woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara GG View Post

Hot damn, this is getting good!!

You go girl! Lol

well i have to throw my in here...i just don't see that there is that much bashing...truthfully in my reading i find everyone pretty supportive of everyone...not 100% but dang this ain't a perfect world...now for me i am 1 body with 2 identities ...1 male who likes women and 1 female who Looks at men....because our body is male that makes me bi and so be it...now lets all have a nice glass of white zin and everyone

Lora

All I want is a world somewhere, a place to wear pretty underwear
    A dress, some makeup, hose and heels
    OH wouldn't it be loverly

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"---Helen Keller

Tamara-

Quite right - I'm on your side here. My crossdressing example was just that - an example. I can't speak to anything else in this context because, like you and others here, I have no idea why this thread was started. I've always thought this forum was quite open and tolerant.
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ema1234 GG View Post
    Do you honestly want to potentially miss the opportunity to help a GG become accepting and understand what CDing really is for something so insignificant. Afterall, I often see replies to new GG's posts reassuring her that it is unlikely her partner is gay, wants to sleep with other men etc. Kinda seems ironic really when you consider the topic of the current most popular thread
    Well said Ema!...This is exactly why i thought the forum is going to be revised cos it seems quite apparent there is an elite group of MTFs that want to control what is said on this forum and push out much need support for GGs, who want to understand better, with posts like the one we are discussing there is no way some GGs are ever going to come to terms with their SOs dressing, and i thought thats what many wanted??? perhaps im wrong
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 08-20-2007 at 07:31 PM.

Bashing? Thats way over stating what goes on here. I have said it before and will again. This is a very friendly calm little place on the net with not much trolling & flaming.

That being said I would be less than honest if I did not say I too notice the funny little comments that some make like Ick!! or EWWW!! on the gay or bi threads. It did get on my nerves just a little but I have always just ignored those comments and moved on. By the way people that make those comments are revealing some discomfort or even doubt about their own sexuality is my opinion.

I do think that for some reason the GAY and BI girls tend to be the ones generating the more risque threads. This really is not a sex hookup site, nor a place for sex stories and all that. So dispite being BI I too sometimes get irratated at those threads where someone is trying to push the envelope a bit.

I fully admit and confess that I have slipped a time or two and posted in those sex threads....usually when in a playful lighthearted mood...and just wanting to be silly.

Oh yeah...I am proud to be in da Panty Police!!! Had fun with those threads when they were jumping up on the board every day. I thought it was all good fun...but then again I probably offended some. Hmmm guess I obviously am not perfect nor above being judgemental myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_Lynn100 View Post
    But consider that a lot of the CD's that express a desire to be with a guy are married or have female SO's. That is beyond plain ignorant, and they should be told so.
    That is exactly the point that every GG has been trying to make. We aren't "gay bashing", we are trying to point out that it is unacceptable to do this whilst in a relationship.

And as for "cheater bashing" (yes I've just made up my own name for it) then I'm sorry for anyone I offened but I'll be the first to make my feelings known and remember where I left that 3x2...

But that goes for anyone, be them gay, straight, bi, CD, TG, TS or anything else you care to think of. If you can't be faithful to one person you shouldn't be in the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    Well said Ema!...This is exactly why i thought the forum is going to be revised cos it seems quite apparent there is an elite group of MTFs that want to control what is said on this forum and push out much need support for GGs, who want to understand better, with posts like the one we are discussing there is no way some GGs are ever going to come to terms with their SOs dressing, and i thought thats what many wanted??? perhaps im wrong
    Does a little GG dance...

But in all seriousness, it does make me question the reaction that many GG's who have found this site recently have had to that post. Have they gone away in horror and never posted because of it? I think chances are that I may have done.

And like Kieron said, I thought that for many being able to promote acceptance amongst GG's (or anyone for that matter) is what many on here wanted, but the current image that is being portrayed by this site is that the vast majority of CD's are gay or bi.

Yes sure some are, but I think the vast majority are not. However, you'd never guess that looking at the popularity of recent posts on here.
    Last edited by Holly; 08-20-2007 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Please Use the Multiquote feature or EDIT button. Multi-posting is not allowed.
    God does not play dice with the universe.

He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared from the perspective of any of the other players (i.e. everybody) to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stales, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules and who smiles all the time.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ema1234 GG View Post
    If you can't be faithful to one person you shouldn't be in the relationship.
    thats it in a nutshell! , very well put Ema, thanks