Thread: My Ten-Year-Old Daughter Thinks I'm a "Sporty Girl"

Wink My Ten-Year-Old Daughter Thinks I'm a "Sporty Girl"

:[SIZE="3"]My daughter provided me and my wife with about 45 minutes of fun last night, so thought I’d share this because it was just too funny. As usual, it was about 9:00 and I’m sitting on the floor while my ten-year-old daughter is watching Disney on one couch and my wife’s absorbed in a Victorian Trading Co. catalog on the other couch. My daughter decided to get down on the floor with me and bored, I suspect, she removed her pony tail scrunchie, yanked my hair back, and stuck my hair into a kinda’ pony tail (I’ve got fairly long hair). Then she proudly announced, “This would work!” She went around behind me and thus it began.

With all the grace of a welder she yanked a lot of my hair back, put the pony tail thing in higher up and then said, “yeah, this works! Look mama, he could be a sporty girl.” I cast a “oh, uh-uh” look at my wife, she busted out laughing, we all started laughing, then I had to say it, “what the heck is a ‘sporty girl?” Then it became rapid fire.

“You know, a sporty girl, one of those girls who plays sports. They wear polo shirts and play tennis and golf and stuff. You could wear a short skirt and I think you’d look like a sporty girl. And you could be Randy with an 'i' instead of a 'y' (she really said that!)”.

(Wife is really laughing now and encourages this by adding, “well, he does have great legs.”)

I say, “Oh yeah, and what would I do with my new ‘sporty girl’ look?”

Daughter: “Go places.”

“I don’t think the guys in the band would like that very much, or should I go to the youth group thing at church like that?”

She quickly says, “No, don’t go to church like that. That would be bad. But you could go to Wal-M#rt.”

(Wife laughing hysterically now).

“And what would a ‘sporty girl’ be doing at Wal-M#rt?”

“Shopping. You could go shopping and everybody would just think you were a sporty girl.”

“And why would I need to be a ‘sporty girl’ shopping?”

“I don’t know, maybe you could get some guy to buy you something. Maybe a trucker who works there, and you could get a big screen tv for like half price or something.”

(Daughter continues to work on my hair and wife is laughing in tears now).

“So you want me to go to Wal-M#rt as a ‘sporty girl’ and get a date with a truck driver so I can get a discount television?”

She looked all excited, laughing too, “Yeah, that’s it! That’ll work! I’m telling you, go look in the mirror! You could totally do this!”

It continued that way until bedtime, we laughed quite a bit and went to sleep still chuckling about it. Can’t tell you how many times my wife said, “out of the mouths of babes” but it was a lot. Oh well, at least I guess my ten-year-old thinks I could pass as a “sporty girl” whatever the blazes that really is!

Take care all and God bless![/SIZE]

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    Who was it said KIds say the darnest things...

Makes one appreciate their children...

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.

Really funny.

At minimum,you need to add "Sporty Girl" to either the thingy (whats it called) under your name. (title, level,??) or in your signature line. "Sporty Girl Seeks Big Screen"

Heck why not petition the court here for a name change to "Sporty Girl Randi"

We have a 12 year old who developed a sudden interest in fashion and heels at EXACTLY the same time as her dad. I think they see or sense more than we realize.

Last night my wife all but outed me.

She bought some size 8 keds the other day (pink) that daughter has been 'borrowing". Daughter is about a size 7 currently. She wanted to borrow them again today. Dee objected that she hasn't had a chance to wear them even once herself (nor have I come to think of it). Daughter persisted and said, "Well can I borrow Dad's?"

When my size nine Keds -a little small for me- in periwinkle appeared mysteriously a month ago she assumed they were Mom's and said Cute Shoooes! She has since realized they are Dad's and is cool with it.

She asks, "Dad, what size are you Keds?" after a lifetime of hiding I hesitate and in femme mode forget my men's size and stammer,"Uh, nines..." I saw the trap coming. She squeals "Perfect! Then I can fit them because I wear Mom's size 9 all the time!"

Dee pipes up.."NO I wear an eight!" hmmm I better get busy obliterating the size nine labels on my growing collection of 9 1/2 to 10 heels.
    Last edited by BarbaraTalbot; 08-22-2007 at 02:16 PM.
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

Emerging butterfly...
    Hiya Sporty-Girl!!!

Hmmm... makes me wonder at just what age does women's intuition kick in?? Are you gonna follow her (wise) advice??

See ya at Walm#rt,

Veronica

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    I'm driving a big Truck to BurningMan in Nevada this Friday. I'll have a chuckle on you as I pass the several Wal M#rts along the way.

Sorry I can't buy your daughter a "Big Screen TV".....though if you takeyour SportyGirl act to Hollywood, it could be you !

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Just another Gurl Hacker Elsbeth's Avatar
    You go Sporty Girl!

El

If she is just callin it like she sees it, then you must pass well Randi. Or maybe she knows more than you think. But either way it is way cool hon. Is she going to do your makeup too?

Oh and Barb, sheesh hon just share with the girl
    Last edited by Lora Olivia; 08-22-2007 at 02:25 PM. Reason: forgot to say something

Lora

All I want is a world somewhere, a place to wear pretty underwear
    A dress, some makeup, hose and heels
    OH wouldn't it be loverly

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"---Helen Keller

This thread reminds me of when Madonna did the sporty look, with a high pony-tail & headband.

It sounds like your daughter has certainly inherited the "TG friendly" gene, Randi.

All the "TG in the family" threads lately have got me to thinking that maybe genes involved in promoting CD friendliness in a GG may promote CDing in her son. Both through being connected to the "hormonal wash" process, as well as the subtle effects these genes have on the son's body if she passes them on.

Just a speculation... but not without precedent in the biological world.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I gotta tell you, I laughed my butt off reading this thread! That is SOO cool!
    So now, it looks like you're now a "sporty girl"! You know, those short tennis skirts are really cute, if you got the legs for em.
    "I see your true colors shining through, your true colors, and that's why I love you,
    so don't be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow"

"Without change,something sleeps deep inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken!"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

T-Girl and here to stay!! Rosaliy Lynne's Avatar

stranger n stranger ...

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    :[SIZE="3"]
    “You know, a sporty girl, one of those girls who plays sports. They wear polo shirts and play tennis and golf and stuff. You could wear a short skirt and I think you’d look like a sporty girl. And you could be Randy with an 'i' instead of a 'y' (she really said that!)”.
    Oh well, at least I guess my ten-year-old thinks I could pass as a “sporty girl” whatever the blazes that really is!

Take care all and God bless![/SIZE]
    I wonder if she realizes that you ARE Randi.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcie Sexton View Post
    Who was it said KIds say the darnest things...

Makes one appreciate their children...
    That was Art Linkletter and he was quite right too!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraTalbot View Post
    At minimum,you need to add "Sporty Girl" to either the thingy (whats it called) under your name. (title, level,??) or in your signature line. "Sporty Girl Seeks Big Screen"

Heck why not petition the court here for a name change to "Sporty Girl Randi"

We have a 12 year old who developed a sudden interest in fashion and heels at EXACTLY the same time as her dad. I think they see or sense more than we realize.

Last night my wife all but outed me.

She bought some size 8 keds the other day (pink) that daughter has been 'borrowing". Daughter is about a size 7 currently. She wanted to borrow them again today. Dee objected that she hasn't had a chance to wear them even once herself (nor have I come to think of it). Daughter persisted and said, "Well can I borrow Dad's?"

When my size nine Keds -a little small for me- in periwinkle appeared mysteriously a month ago she assumed they were Mom's and said Cute Shoooes! She has since realized they are Dad's and is cool with it.

She asks, "Dad, what size are you Keds?" after a lifetime of hiding I hesitate and in femme mode forget my men's size and stammer,"Uh, nines..." I saw the trap coming. She squeals "Perfect! Then I can fit them because I wear Mom's size 9 all the time!"

Dee pipes up.."NO I wear an eight!" hmmm I better get busy obliterating the size nine labels on my growing collection of 9 1/2 to 10 heels.
    Precocious children no?

<muses Spory Girl Seeks Big Screen> I like it!!!!
    Rosaliy Lynne
    We are who we are. We become what we must.
    http://rosaliylynne.com/

Very cool.

But be careful, if she catches you in a skirt she'll probably drag you to Wally World.
    DonnaT

So, Sporty Girl when are you getting the big screen?
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Remember Sporty Girl, they wear panties under those short tennis skirts. The wife said I should remind you of that. It might stop some embarassment....BJ