Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sex change

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAMANTHA SIREN
    HYE VANESSA; I guess you should know how you feel inside.I used to say I would never consider changing my sexual nature by surgery-but the growing desire within me is to be a woman.I really adore and love everything feminine and if surgery helps to accomplish that aim-who knows?

Whatever,I wish you every success in your desire to be a fully equiped Woman.

Love and kisses,
    From a dizzy blue eyed english blonde,
    Samantha.xx
    Hi Girls,

It takes more than loving everything femanine to actually make the transition and live as a woman 24/7. It's not just a case of dress up when you get home from work, in the privacy of your own home. It's get up at least 1/2 hour early every morning to do your make-up, it's telling your family, people at work, people you have dealings with during your working life, people everywhere else you have any social connections, it's getting talked about behind your back, sniggered at, laughed at openly in the supermarkets and so on. And thats just the start of things!!!!!!

I did it 5 months ago and I'm loving every minute of my new, vastly improved life. I'm more open, more honest about feelings, more outgoing and could NEVER go back to my old life as a guy.

Looking forward to my op next year - can't wait to loose my 'excess baggage'.

Each to their own

Anne

Congratulations Anne!

Stay strong, you can't go wrong.
    Would you share a little more about your journey so far?
    Hugs,
    Chrissy

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissycd
    Stay strong, you can't go wrong.
    Would you share a little more about your journey so far?
    Hugs,
    Chrissy
    Hi Girls,

Here is a brief outline of me journey so far, as requested by Chrissy.

Since I was about 8 years old I knew I was 'different' to other boys. When I reached 13/15 I managed to work out what it was that was different - I was in the wrong body.

Anyway, I finished school, started work and went through my apprenticeship, and eventually got married (first time) at 33. I had two lovely children with my first wife, but I when off the rails and was unfaithful to her 5 years ago. She moved away after the divorce and I didn't see her or my children for about 2 years.

Quite quickly I married the woman I went off with and she then threw me out nearly two years ago now.

That is when I made the decision that I had to live my life for myself and not (as I had been doing until that point) as was expected of me. Also, about this time my first wife got back in touch with me and we have a reasonable friendship going now.

From the time I first thought about transitioning and living my life for me, it took about 4 months before I found this website (I have another log-on here, but I have changed my name to that, so I set this one up when I transitioned). With the help and encouragement of girls on this site, I slowly started going out en-femme. First time was about 2am. I had decided that I HAD to get out, so I drove to my nearest city dressed, knowing that to get home I had to buy petrol. I was absolutely terrified, but I did it.

Things rapidly picked up from there, going out more and more frequently, building confidence all the time. After a while I found my local TV group and went there one night (it took me two attempts before I went in).

I had been there a few times and a couple of girls came in I hadn't seen before. It turned out that they had recently transitioned and they put me in touch with a counsellor. I made an appointment with her and had a few sessions. I also went to see a gender dysphoria doctor, told my family of my plans to have a sex change - they were all ok with it, except for one of my cousins, who felt she was 'losing her cousin'. It wasn't long before the time was right to tell my manager at work (last Oct/Nov) that I was planning on a sex change.

Work were great with it too - a new experience for almost everyone there too - and I had regular meetings until after I transitioned, which was early January this year.

My transition went well and things have (with one or two hiccups) continued to go well for me since - I count myself as unbelievably lucky in the way things have gone for me. I know that a few people at work have problems with me, but that is their problem, not mine.

I started laser hair removal for my (very serious) beard shadow last October and that has gone really well. Although I still see it, the shadow is nothing now relative to what I have always had. My hair is still growing and looking better every week (I want it really long), and I am generally looking much more the part than when I transitioned. I know that lots of people still see through my 'disguise', but others either don't look any further than the surface and see a woman, or they are just willing to accept me as I'm presented and refer to me as female, calling me 'dear' or 'love'.

And just to put the icing on the cake, I am sooooooooooooooooo happy now!!!!!!!!! It really is the right thing for me.

Anne

Transition

While I'm new to this board, I'm not new to being TS and working to transition to a new way of living. When you come down to it transition is for most of us a crapshoot. You put everything that people value most on the line. Friends, family, your home, career, you name it. It has been called by some a last desperate gamble on a chance to live at peace in your own skin. When I finally figured out that Gender Dysophoria and depression would not go away by themselves - that substance abuse and thoughts of suicide did not equal a "normal" life I was already in my late forties. Now, several years later, after coming out and starting to live as close to full time as my situation allows I can say with some assurance that life IS better. I've lost very little - no significant family or friends although some of the guys are still "trying to get their heads around the idea". Away from work I am Alice - with all that entails - routine living, shopping, dealing with people wether it is the neighbors, store clerks, whatever. Since I'm quite close to being able to take early retirement at work I still do what I politely refer to as "boy drag" for work purposes. The place I work being of the don't ask don't tell mentality why upset them? I have long maintained a "firewall" between my at work life and my outside life - so why upset things this late? A couple more years and I start the RLT with the confidence that I WILL make it. Solve all my problems - no way - more like trade one set for another but infinitely better able to deal with them. Thats about it for now - feel free to reply back - I'll always enjoy a good conversation.
    And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

-Anais Nin

Peace,

Alice

a good resourse to use is www.susans.org

bikebuster77

No...She's Not Wrong..

No...from what I have read, I don' think that she's wrong, because wanting to transition from male to female, that' s a BIG decision, and you should be prepared to live with that decision. In my case, I made the decision when I was about 13, and I had parental consent. But the biggest thing to this is, that it should be well-thought out, and you should make an informed decision, and as long as you know its right, then its right in my book. The way I always looked at things were, "Stand up for what you believe in, no matter the adversity!"

Love Sarah

Jasmine Marrie
    i would say go for it i too want a sex change and have thought about it for years.

Super Model
    Go for it! I think about it daily too. I just wish I was born a girl so I would not have to deal with this thought anymore. Do what makes you happy and others will accept you if they really and truely love you. It does not make a different if you are a man or a woman, it is the person that counts! Go for it girl!!!