Thread: Parents with children

Parents with children

Do any of you go out of your way to keep away from parents with small children when shopping or out in public? I seem to feel like kind of a freak when I am around smaller children. I know this is the time to open their eyes to the world. So if I see a family go into a store with small children I tend to wait till they leave or come back later. ( of coure this is all while enfemme)
    High Heels, are there any other type of shoe?

Never having ventured out enfemme I can't give you an anwer. However, I tend to agree with you that eyes do need to be opened.
    If you want to live life on your own terms:
    "You gotta be willing to Crash & Burn"

Dakota

Links requiring a sign in are not permitted

Although society seems to slowly coming round to the fact that CDers do venture out now and again the majority i feel still seem to think that its not right for a male to wear female clothes and that we should all hide away in closets i feel the only way that can change is by education from a young age my children quite often see me in female clothes and dont bat an eye lid whever i am doing the right thing only time will tell, regardless to say it dont bother me who sees me while im at home or out shopping young or old.

When I went shoe shopping at Payless, I had this cute little girl come up to me and say Hello. I smiled at her and said Hello. Then I heard her mother say "sweetie come back over here and leave the nice lady alone". She said Bye, I said Bye, she waved , I waved. It was so sweet.

Here is a recent thread on this topic: wearded out by kids

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Kierci, From:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kierci View Post
    ..I seem to feel like kind of a freak when I am around smaller children.
    I would say there may two things going on within you.

One may be you personally still feel you are a freak. Personal acceptance can be an interesting journey. Just when you feel you have it, you run into something or someone, like in this case small children, and you go backwards in your personal acceptance of this part of you.

Second may be you are still working on your comfort level of being out. Comfort level comes with experience being out and personal acceptance. With the latter much more important IMHO.

As for me and "go out of your way to keep away from parents with small children" or "avoiding" them, I do not do that most of the time. I will not walk up to them and confront them, but for the most part I just go about my business. Besides, try walking down a busy mall on a Friday night filled with families and groups of teens avoiding people. IMHO, if you are avoiding people you will draw more attention then just walking by them and going about your business.

Now there have been exceptions. Once while shopping I had a couple of mothers show up with their young daughters looking for bras. I got a feel the mothers and kids were nervous even without seeing me, and did not think that was a good situation to be any where close to. I wandered to a different department for a while. But yet I have had mothers with kids come in the same area shopping that I was and did not feel the need to leave also. I have even had mothers with kids ask me a question about something they were looking at. And they did not hurry off with their kids after talking with me. Mothers with kids or just gals asking questions seems to happen a lot in second had stores. Even if I am in male presentation shopping for femme clothes.

The strangest thing happening was one time I was looking around at bras and a mother with two younger kids in a cart came up behind me and asked if I had a teenage daughter, and then proceeded to ask me about bras for her teen daughter, and showing me what she had picked out. And I had to say hi to the kids in the cart as they kept saying hi to me as I listened to their mom. And the older one kept interrupting her mom and was also asking me questions like, are you getting bras also? do you like the flowers? my sister does. My sister likes pink, do you like pink? It was such a surreal experience. After they left I am not sure how long I stood there thinking.... "Did that just happen".

Relax and enjoy. My experience is others are then more relaxed around you. You should be just as relaxed as if you were a guy shopping for tools. LOL, here is a thought. Picture all of the what you are shopping for, clothes, bras, panties, or what ever, as tools you are adding to your tool box.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Several years ago our local Tri-Ess chapter had an outing to the Coca Cola museum in Atlanta. The museum was really crowded that day and kids were everywhere. While we were there a mother with a couple of young daughters approached several of us and spoke with us for the express purpose of showing her daughters that we were just ordinary people.

If you just go about your business normally, most kids (and adults for that matter) will not even notice you are around.
    Phoebe