Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First time dressed in front of SO. How was it for you?

First time dressed in front of SO. How was it for you?

I'm hoping that I'll soon be able to dress in front of my SO, she knows I dress & has seen photos, I think she's nearly ready to allow me to dress one evening, I've dropped hints & so has she, so we're getting round to it.

I'm quite nervous about the idea as I've never been seen by anyone else & would love to hear how others felt when their SO's saw them for the first time. How did she react ? Was it a positive experience ? Did she enjoy seeing you ?

It's a very important step for me to take ( and her too )& I want it to be a success (so I can do it again ). I know exactly what I'll wear , very tasteful outfit. I just don't want her to scream or laugh or react badly. She doesn't have to say I look lovely either, simply accept me dressed enfemme.

Silver Member
    I think I remember that I was just a bit nervous. All went very well though. Most of the time all our insecurities are just in our head.

Lovies,
    Stephie

Hasn't happened yet and with some luck it never will!!! She has never seen even a photo of me dressed... She'd really freak if she did....

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I was nervous as heck. She smiled and seemed happy because she said I looked so calm and happy. I was very emotional and got all teary eyed and almost made my mascara run then she laughed with me about it

Lora

All I want is a world somewhere, a place to wear pretty underwear
    A dress, some makeup, hose and heels
    OH wouldn't it be loverly

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"---Helen Keller

My SO knew about my cding before we even met ( we met on-line). When I first dressed for her she "freeked" after that she said it made her feel sick....that was 7 years ago, She was confused but, just latley she has become very accepting and a lot more understanding partly due to finding this site and getting the information that is here (thank you all).

2 weeks ago she asked me to dress for her again, so being very nervous, I dressed in the clothes that she looked out for me.... this time she saw me as ME in a dress she was upset again, but this time it was because she said I looked better in the dresss than she did.

Now we go shopping together and she even buys things for me when I am not there. She has even tried to teach me how to apply make-up, and is even okey with me getting forms again( when WE can afford them) The only thing she hasn't wanted me to get is a wig....YET but I can see a day that she will let me get one......

So after saying all that go at her pace and just do it, have fun, and above all love your wife no matter what her reaction is......but from what you've said I think everything will be ok.....

Let us know how it goes!!!

Hard to remember that far back, some 31 yrs ago.

I do believe I enjoyed it. Wasn't too nervous, as she had seen me wearing hose before that. She gave me a wig of hers to complete the look. I know I enjoyed that.

She took it better then than she does now.
    DonnaT

Comfortable to be me PortiaHoney's Avatar
    The first time I dressed for my SO, I made a point of doing the best I could. She was full of aprehension but enjoyed a few drinks while I prepared. I did it in private first, dressing in company came later. She was shocked, complemented me on my taste and after 1/2 an hour, said she had had enough. As time went on, she became used to it but always it was "my" thing.

Everyone is different, take it slow and be prepared for any response. Let her control how she feels about it. And if she says she understands, but that it is not for her, then you will have to accept it. Photos are not the same as real life, just reduces the shock factor. Even if she doesn't want to participate, you may still get to go shopping together for your own private time. Lots of options. The important thing is that you love each other.

You never know, you may have found one of the good ones (not knocking the GG's who are understanding but not participative). Good luck
    Freedom to be an individual is all powerful

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    UN-NERVING is a mild understatement...

I must admit she was very careful in choosing her words in regards to how I looked...since that day though we have learned how to appreciate each other in a different way and all for the better, she is much freer with her advice and I'm much more willing to listen...Made a much better gurl out of me, that is for sure...

[SIZE="3"]The first time my wife saw me dressed is when she dressed me up! [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Dixie; 08-24-2007 at 12:13 AM. Reason: duh moment
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

I felt kind of strange and uncomfortable. She got kind of a kick out of it. I have dressed a couple times in frount of her so far. Its been some time since she has seen me dressed. Every so often she will ask about "Crissy"!!!!!

Good luck Davinnia if she knows and has seen pics and is ok with it then dress for her but go slow and easy. I started with just a skirt I got her to let me wear one hot day 2 years ago now I dress head to toe have both ears done and wear earrings 24/7 just posts at work and do the make-up once a week also when hot at work I'm in panties every day. and i felt great to dress infont of her the 1st time.
    And my wife gets her husband on the weekends
    Angie
    Last edited by Angie G; 08-23-2007 at 08:44 AM.

I know it's a big step, Davinnia, and it can be nerve-wracking contemplating showing your SO your femme side for the first time. Nobody likes to be ridiculed, but I generally say to my friends when I first let them see me crossdressed "You're allowed to giggle". It usually breaks the ice, and stops both parties being so tense.

Good luck,

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

It was actualy great!

It was great, she was totaly curious about everything. But she later changed her tune. Go figure.

I was nervous first time, but my wife complimented me on my dress and also said she was surprised at how feminine I looked. Now I dress regularly and she is OK with it, checks out the new outfits and gives her opinion. I feel relaxed and totally myself.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

It was very scary. But as time has passed by, I have gotten more comfortable with it and actually enjoy it more because I don't have to hide it from her and I get to share this part of me with somebody for the first time in my life. I also get to dress more frequently, It's great, she helps me pick out clothes and shoes and we even share some clothes. I LOVE IT!

Banned Read only
    I was nervous as hell the first time i dressed for my SO. When i appeared from upstairs all she could say was 'WOW' and from that day on my nevres have got less and less and now i am normally dressed when her daughter is at her fathers for a week (during the school holidays) but during school time it is every other weekend.

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.

For me..

it was very emotional, and extremely validating. So much so that a words elude me.
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

Just trying be who I am. Byllie's Avatar
    My SO is loving, supportive, and knows full well th4e extent of my CDing. She chooses, however, not to see me en femme, or to participate. This is her choice, which I respect. If love is at the core of a relationship, then all things are possible.
    Life comes in all colors ... so please be kind to all you meet.

[QUOTE=Davinnia;979811]
    I'm quite nervous about the idea as I've never been seen by anyone else & would love to hear how others felt when their SO's saw them for the first time. How did she react ? Was it a positive experience ? Did she enjoy seeing you ?
    QUOTE]

If your wife has seen photos, then she is probably as ready as she can be. Assuming that she won't mind seeing you dressed. About the only thing you can do to help prepare her more is to show her some of your clothes.

As far as how I felt - definetly nervous! My hand was shaking when I was putting on my make-up - not a good thing when trying to apply mascara . It's not easier on your wife. My wife admitted to being quite nervous and aprehensive. But it's a one time experience. The second time is so much easier.

It was a positive experience in that she acepted it, and now I can dress in front of her and it's like I am in my en homme clothes (well, almost anyway).

My wife wanted to see me. She was just really curious and had to know everything - that's the way she is.

Now expect to get a real critical going over. Your wife will be examining you very minutely. You don't need to be perfect by any means. In fact, if you look too good it can be more of a problem. You have the right idea, wear your nicest stylish outfit, and act like a lady.

Hugs, Lori

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Davinnia View Post
    First time dressed in front of SO. How was it for you?
    It was the summer of 2001 and we were just "boyfriend and girlfriend" at the time not married or anything. How was it? Totally awesome! She asked me not to wear a wig or forms .... just the clothes and heels. Remember, we did meet each other online via a crossdressing forum (not this one) so it was inevitable that she would want to see me dressed sooner or later.

I will never forget the feeling to this day. I couldn't quite believe, that there I was all dressed up in blouse, skirt and high stiletto heels with all the appropriate underwear underneath and I was wearing makeup too and she didn't think I was weird. In fact quite the opposite. She said I looked cute . Yes, it's true, my wife Marla describes herself as "trans-am" ... no not the car, but "trans amorous". She's attracted to transgendered people .... and luckily for me, one in particular!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

it has been unnerving??

she first saw me in panties then with a bra. the first time with one that she sewed for me. i was ok with all of this..

i was nerveous as she saw me partially dressed... ie i bra - without a blouse.

jc
    JC

the guy that plays dress up and that has the best wife in the world!

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    I was somewhat nervous, but she put my mind at ease and said we will have to work on your makeup and make a trip to the mall to buy you some new clothes. So it was not too bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

Soccer Mom Extraordinaire Dee Talbot's Avatar

From the GG perspective

Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraTalbot View Post
    it was very emotional, and extremely validating. So much so that a words elude me.
    May I chime in here? It's good to know that Barb felt this way about her first time dressing in front of me. Because that is exactly what I was hoping to give to her.

When I first found out about Barb's dressing, I read articles discussing how coming out to an SO could either be a wonderful experience or a devastating one. I didn't know how I felt personally about cd'ing, but I wanted to make sure that coming out to me was NOT DEVASTATING. After a false start, we managed to get on the same page, and Barb realized I was looking to accept her, rather than condemn her.

When she dressed in front of me the first time, it seemed a little odd to see my manly husband suddenly embracing the feminine in herself. I certainly wasn't repulsed. I actually found that I felt no different about the person in the girl clothes than I did that same person who had previously only worn male clothes in front of me. Realizing that the person was the same, just the appearance had changed, made it easy for me to say, "Hey, this is OK. I can do this. I can be a part of this portion of your life. and I am grateful to be included."

After reading Barb's post on this thread, I feel even better about my choice that day to look beyond the surrealness of the situation and find the person I loved deeply was still there.

Dee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When life gives you a crossdresser, screw the lemonade.......grab your bags and go shopping!!

First time i dressed in front of wife was halloween, that was no big deal. But now the cat was out of the proverbial bag...........I was hooked!!! After a short while she realized my desires. It was somewhat tense the first time and it hasnt happen much since (teenagers!!!!) But tonight was something though. I had a bad day at work and an evening meeting (local politics) after we get home she tells me to go downstairs and put on a pretty skirt and wig while she went to bed!!!! So here I am. No skirt but a nice dress anyway

Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraTalbot View Post
    Barb,

It is hard for me after reading your posts to imagine words eluding you! That was actually meant as a compliment.

Being one who has never dressed before anyone, I found this thread interesting, and I thought the one that had the SO dress 'her' up sounded like a great way to do it. If I am lucky enough to ever get to that point, I may try that after discussing it with her.