Thread: I've Never Had This Urge Before (to dress "all the way")

I've Never Had This Urge Before (to dress "all the way")

Well, this was probably brought on by my latest purchase (black button-up dress) which looks really good on me, but lately I've had an urge I've never had before. For the first time ever, I find that I want to go the whole nine yards. I want a wig, makeup, breast forms, shoes, and to wear my new dress all at once. I've never felt this urge before, but its been driving me crazy. I think its probably because I saw just how good that dress looks on me. Anyway, the problem is that I don't own (and can't afford) a wig, makeup, breast forms, and shoes. So I don't know what to do now other than hope that the urge just disappears. Well, thanks for listening.
    "Why are you wearing those stupid girls' clothes?"
    "Why are you wearing those stupid mens' clothes?"
    --Adapted from Donnie Darko

Yea Stacie is not my real
    Well the urge my go a way, but then again it might not, so start saving money just encase it doesn't.

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    Keep saving that money to buy what you need for I have found that once you have been dressed all the way there is no other way if you can get there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

Banned Read only
    Read my lips. The urge is not going to go away! It will just get stronger, until you do it. Trust me. You can buy a lot of stuff online, at reasonable prices. And when you look in the mirror, and see a good looking woman, you will be hooked for life!
    Last edited by Melinda G; 08-24-2007 at 10:51 AM.

Just here to make freinds
    That urge will keep coming back - save your ducketts - think of it as a hobby...
    Really enjoying this!!!

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    Save those pennies dear because its not going away , there is always goodwill or do as I do I don't spend $1 bills and save the loose change you'll be suprised at how fast you will have a tidy sum saved up.

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

The urge doesn,t go away! I do a bit of p/t work on saturday mornings and any money from that pays for my girly things!!

Feed it

It never goes away. All you can do is feed it. The other night I want to be dressed so bad but did not have the time or space. I finally came into my coputed and just sliped a skirt and hose on. (I ware panties 24/7) and it helped for about three hours, I had a hard time sleeping that night because of the feeling.

You can get hints from other for cheaper ways to do it. I got started with a $5 wig from a thrift store. It did not look the greatest but it worked for a while till I had the money for something better. You can pick up basic breat forms at costume places for very little that would get you started or search the web for instructions on how to make your own.

Hope this helps, Luv, Jill

Banned Read only
    i have to echo much the same as the other girls, it doesn't go away even after you have got all the stuff you need.

I get like all the time and i have to put up with it until i get the chance to dress fully you know make up wig the whole nine yards.

Just keep saving as much as you can without putting a strian on you finances.

Good luck sweetie

Little Ms Witch Hermione Simpson's Avatar
    Nottinghamshire UK or the minstry of magic
    i agree with everyone else valerie, the urge won't go away, it'll just gets stronger, because it happens to me whenever i buy something new, and have you thought of looking on ebay for the other items you need like breastforms, a wig etc
    Although i'm a witch, I can be nice as well (honestly)

http://www.facebook.com/people/Hermi...son/1527490088

Also check out my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/hermionesimpson

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.

The "URGE"

I will say as one who in the past only experienced the thrill privately of wearing individual articles of clothing, that it does morph overtime. I never had any real urge to "pass". I just liked looking at my legs in hose, the feel of it and so on. When I first contemplated, then tried on wearing a dress, it is kind of a progressive process. One thing leads to another I mean.

Example. I finally did get a wig, then I wanted make=up to hide my male face showing out from under the wig. I got make-up and wanted earings dangling from my earlobes..
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

Can't disagree with any of those comments, but there's also the thing about THAT DRESS... first time I found one like that, it just looked so special and made me so different .. and all of of a sudden everything else just had to be there - like an enchantment which came just as I slipped it on... guess others would know that feeling too... makes me weak just to think of it...

Just buy one thing at a time and not try to get it all at once as the urge will not bo away at least not for long.

It's an itch that needs to be scratched. But once you've scratched it you might never need to again. In fact, the more itches I've scratched the less interest I have in the whole thing. Maybe one of those make-over places would do the trick.

well I'll echo the others feelings. Get a paypal account and sell something onebay or save your pennies. Forms can be had for under $100 off ebay . Mine arent adhesive I have to order out spray cans of adhsive, mind once they are on they arent falling off even free of a bra.
    I recently posted a link on here to some high quality unexpensive human hair wigs, I got mine for $60 plus $25 for shipping to canada .For a long time I used some wigs and still have several from value village at halloween.
    Thrift stores are a godsend, especially if you have a understanding SO like I do.Or start simple with some jeans and a top. Whatever makes you comfortable. You dont get everything all at oce but if i was going to decide what to get first it would be breast forms...use a cheapie wig till you decide what color you want for your permanent hair.I have everything from platinm blond through red and my permanent hair is dark brown almost black.It suits my dark personality.

Amanda
    The happy ****!

I like the classy look phyllis47's Avatar

short on resources

Oh dear Valerie, do not give up love. Where there is a will there is a way.... First off, I bet you can find a wig at a used clothing store if you make an effort to look. A stuffed bra will do for now. It will look close to real if you get a pair of old knee-high nylons and stuff them with old cotton briefs or t-shirts or even old silk panties. I wrapped a couple old pair of socks in old silk panties and stuffed into the knee-highs and that worked well. Being 19 you should be able to fit into regular girls clothes which there are plenty of in used clothing stores and just tons of high heels, skirts, blouses, dresses, formals. just about everything except maybe slips, panties, and hosery.

Good luck... and keep me posted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dressing as a women is the most fun.

Love: Phyllis

I like the classy look phyllis47's Avatar

all the advice

All this advice is good, but Barbara's is the one to key on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dressing as a women is the most fun.

Love: Phyllis

I have to agree with most of the replies so far... the urge wont go away. I too have a very tight budget for clothing and items, i just make a goal to get one item at a time, and before you know it you have the works and start going out dressed Its only a little bit of time, a few months or so, besides there is something to wanting something very badly, having to wait, makes the end result so so much more pleasurable.