Thread: Hand size and jewelry?

Hand size and jewelry?

I read somewhere (and I've had people tell me) that when trans/CD guys wear jewelry on their hand/arm area (watches, rings etc) it makes their hands look smaller, I seem to think it's opposite when I'm wearing a watch vs. not, but I don't know for sure.

EDIT: Sorry for the typo in the title, geez that's embarrassing.
    [SIZE=2]"Whatever you are, be a good one." -Abraham Lincoln[/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]SSC[/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2]2012[/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2]SWK![/SIZE][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]
    Shaun
    [/SIZE]

(fixed title... you might want to edit ur post)(this post will self destruct in 5 minutes)
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I guess it would depend on what kind you were wearing. I wear silver band on my right hand ring finger, and a silver watch on my left wrist, and I've never noticed my hands looking smaller as a result. I find that sleeves that are too long or wide at the cuff can make my hands look tiny because only a small part of them can be seen then, but that's about it.

Platinum Member
    my hands look better when i am wearing my chunky watch but it may just be my imagination....dont even go there Tamara

I don't wear any jewelry, my hands are quite small as it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For certain you must be lost to find a place that can't be found. Else ways, everyone would know where it was. ~ Captain Barbossa, Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End

I'd never really thought about that. I stopped wearing a watch when mine broke and the only other jewelry I ever wear is men's necklace type stuff on rare occasions. I'll have to experiment with that whenever my watch gets fixed.
    Story of my life –>

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.

As a fairly small gentleman myself...

Back when I was in denial about liking my femme side I was a little overly concerned about anything that drew attention to my size. I had a clunky digital watch, when they were new and rar and expensive. I ended up not wearing it because to me my wrist looked tiny.

I found that a slimmer watch with a smaller face seemed to make me feel a little less diminutive. Kinda like a 7/8 scale watch on a 7/8 inch man.
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

I know I have a hard time finding masculine watches. The ones I like have large faces and bands, but I have dainty lil wrists and hands. I tend not to wear a watch because of this. But In your shoes man, I'd try to get a macho looking watch that was equal to my arm size. I know it will probalby be a tough task but it is possible, shoot even I've managed it a time or two. LOL.
    Natalie

My hands are pretty small and so are my wrists so i don't wear a watch on a band because I do think it was making my hands look even smaller. I bought a pocket watch instead.
    Nobody calls me Lebowski. You got the wrong guy. I'm the Dude, man.

I'm lucky my hands are not small at all i wear a big leather strap watch and a snake ring sometimes i also wear my precious

I don't think my watch is super huge for my tiny wrists. I figure if I keep lifting, maybe I'll get more muscle in my arms/wrists that it won't matter much.
    "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."- Oscar Wilde

I wear a digital watch with a thin band and a fairly small face. The numbers are large relative to the face, which I like, but the face doesn't dwarf my arm.
    Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The most universal quality is diversity. - Michel de Montaigne

You do not truly own anything you cannot carry at a dead run!

‘Them as can do, has to do for them as can’t. And someone has to speak up for
    them as has no voices.’ - Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    my hands look better when i am wearing my chunky watch but it may just be my imagination....dont even go there Tamara
    Hey, Kieron.....I'm totally with you on that, I think My chunky watch makes My hands look better, too....**T**
    Ever The Opportunist

LOL me too....i have a huge chunky watch because if i wear anything delicate it emphasises my slenderish hands, whereas the chunky watch makes them look....well, chunky LOL

Daniel
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

Mmm yeah. I wear a women's athletic watch (so it looks andro but fits my size) usually, but I've got a big metal men's watch. While I love the latter, it screams about how small my wrists are (freakishly small compared to my hand size) which I think makes me look way more female. I want to get a couple of links taken out (it's a hand-me-down from a friend) and maybe then I'll wear it now and again.
    I wanna know, can you show me
    I wanna know about these
    strangers like me
    Tell me more, please show me
    Somethings familiar about these strangers like me

My Korat Kitten's Boy Toy JamesAlan's Avatar
    I guess I'm blessed that my mother and father were both large framed individuals. Though I think I took more of my build from my dad. I've worn guy's watches for years because I have thick wrists and finding a woman's watch that fit was a pain! I have a couple femme watches, but I love my chunky guy watches. I always have. I may give my girlfriend my femme watches when I start living more in guy mode. Her wrist is the same size as mine. I will also admit when I got my high school ring, I got the medium size guy's ring (much to my mother's dismay). I have small hands, but for some reason, no matter the jewelry I wear, it still looks masculine. *shrugs* Thank you Daddy for my build.
    Life is like a dominatrix hooker...she'll beat the crap out of you and still insist you pay.

I stopped wearing watches when I lost my old one. Don't want to wear anything too clunky because my wrists are tiny. I have to get small ladies' watches adjusted to fit me.

Quote Originally Posted by boi_0h View Post
    I read somewhere (and I've had people tell me) that when trans/CD guys wear jewelry on their hand/arm area (watches, rings etc) it makes their hands look smaller, I seem to think it's opposite when I'm wearing a watch vs. not, but I don't know for sure.

EDIT: Sorry for the typo in the title, geez that's embarrassing.
    Funny story related to the topic of jewelry....When My wife and I got our rings (My wife being genetically male), obviously, I got the man's ring and he got the ladies'....We went to the jeweler to have them sized...Mine had to go from a size 12 to an 8, hers had to go from an 8 to a 12...LOL....So the jeweler thinks we are idiots, he says, "The rings are the right size now....you have them mixed up"....I said, "No, we don't, we know exactly what we are doing, I DO have the men's ring and he DOES have the ladies"....Blew his mind, but they fit now....LOL **T**
    Ever The Opportunist

what a great story

Daniel
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by DanielMacBride View Post
    what a great story

Daniel
    Just another day in the life of a transgendered couple...
    Ever The Opportunist

Bronx, NY, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Galaxy, The Universe
    I wear a full sized men's watch, but a little higher on the arm than is normal. That seems to elongate the line of the hand.

Sometimes I wear a couple of leather bracelets on the other wrist, and they tend to bulk it up a bit.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead