Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New diet new me

New diet new me

Well here i am getting ready for in less than 2 weeks i will be on my T (hormones) but i am a tad overweight <<<(fatty) so i am also starting a diet you see i need to lose 3 stone in about a year and that is something i can do if i take my time and do it right

How many times have a said i am going on a diet i hear you ask the answer alot!!! but this time i would like to stick to it i need to stick to it so the object of this thread is i weigh myself once a week and write in here how its going ect start wight 14 stone 2lb goal 12 stone last weigh in was Friday so Friday i will put in here how it went and loss of weight ect

so this thread will be around for at least a year i hope lol help me stick to it i need to lose it for health resions

Thumbs up

Good for you Adam! Keep at it bud! You'll feel great and its such a feeling of accomplishment when you start moving toward your goal!!!

Hi Adam

Best of luck with the diet

I know how hard it can be but remember why your doing it

it helps
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Way to go man! You can do it!
    Story of my life –>

Good luck Adam!
    "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."- Oscar Wilde

good luck Adam i'm sure ya can do it hun!! xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

thankyou everyone

I know all about dieting. Let me know if you ever need support. I'm behind you man.

thankyou taylor

My Korat Kitten's Boy Toy JamesAlan's Avatar
    I know how hard it is to loose weight. I've been morbidly obese (translation: Deathly fat) since birth. I'm trying to work out a plan for loosing weight myself. Good luck to ya bro.
    Life is like a dominatrix hooker...she'll beat the crap out of you and still insist you pay.

so its been a week today since i started the diet and im happy to report i lost 3lb

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    so its been a week today since i started the diet and im happy to report i lost 3lb
    Three pounds in one week is good, man. If you lose too much too soon it's usually just water and comes right back, but 2-3 pounds a week is the real stuff you want to take off and it's more likely to stay off. Congrats, you're on your way!
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Awesome, Dude, that's great!!

Don't let someone sabatoge you with sweets, like my Mum always does!! It takes me forever to get back on track!!

I've just got my treadmill into position again, now I've got to get onto it!! Wedding in 2 weeks, must be able to suck gut in!!
    [SIZE=3] KRAZYKAT [/SIZE]

Cuddling with my spouse of 18 yrs., GypsyKaren makes me Happy!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    Three pounds in one week is good, man. If you lose too much too soon it's usually just water and comes right back, but 2-3 pounds a week is the real stuff you want to take off and it's more likely to stay off. Congrats, you're on your way!
    Well done Adam, thats a GREAT start slow and steady weight loss is the way to go, and it sounds like you are well on your way

Daniel
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

thankyou yeah im well pleased with the loss so far

My Korat Kitten's Boy Toy JamesAlan's Avatar
    Good job bro. Keep it up. 3 lbs lighter is a good feeling. Just slow and steady on it.
    Life is like a dominatrix hooker...she'll beat the crap out of you and still insist you pay.

Congrats Adam!
    Story of my life –>

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.
    Good work,dude!

Us guys like to kid ourself that a little extra just adds to the macho factor, but its good for the health and adds a youthful spring to the step if you can lean out a bit.

I had a question. How many lbs to a stone? And why is it that when we colonists split off, we kept English weights and measures, but not "stones" would that have cost us extra?

3 lbs a week is a great pace. Ive been pretty happy with 2 a week, Dee (always competitive) is running 2.5 to 3. The important thing is that the loss is sustainable.

Great job and keep it up!
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

thankyou

there is 14lb to a stone

Great job, Adam, keep it up.

Karen Sue

Great job Adam! I know losing weight is a struggle, particularly when a person LOVES to eat, like I do. But you can and will do it. 3 pounds is a great start and a fantastic weekly accomplishment.

A good nutritious diet and regular exercise will do wonders for a body. I have lost a net weight of 105 pounds (I guess that's about 7 1/2 stone) over the last 3 years with a goal of losing another 4 1/2 stone. Don't get discouraged when you plateau out at a steady weight for a while - that happens to most. Just stick with a practical nutritious diet and regular exercise.

Many who work on losing weight will lose some, gain a little back, then lose it and some more - for me it's like a small roller coaster, a general downward trend, but with small rises and plateaus. I set short term goals, and when I reach them, I reward myself with a treat like pizza or an ice cream sundae.

I think it's great that you're posting your progress - it's a great incentive to keep losing the weight. If you ever need anything I'm here - keep us posted.

You're on your way to a better and healthier life. Congratulations again on the first 3 pounds lost and Good Luck

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great job Adam. I'm happy for you.
    Vampires are real, just not how you picture them to be.

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    That's awesome, Adam!

If you don't mind my asking, what kind of diet are you going on? A general 'eat less food' diet, a protein diet, grapefruit diet, the Zone... ?
    It might be helpful for you to keep a journal (if you're not already)-- write down your caloric intake, carbohydrates, etc., as well as how much you exercise per day. I've heard it really helps you stay on track.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    That's awesome, Adam!

If you don't mind my asking, what kind of diet are you going on? A general 'eat less food' diet, a protein diet, grapefruit diet, the Zone... ?
    It might be helpful for you to keep a journal (if you're not already)-- write down your caloric intake, carbohydrates, etc., as well as how much you exercise per day. I've heard it really helps you stay on track.
    i am on a calores counting diet i think its what works best for me

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna1561 View Post
    Great job Adam! I know losing weight is a struggle, particularly when a person LOVES to eat, like I do. But you can and will do it. 3 pounds is a great start and a fantastic weekly accomplishment.

A good nutritious diet and regular exercise will do wonders for a body. I have lost a net weight of 105 pounds (I guess that's about 7 1/2 stone) over the last 3 years with a goal of losing another 4 1/2 stone. Don't get discouraged when you plateau out at a steady weight for a while - that happens to most. Just stick with a practical nutritious diet and regular exercise.

Many who work on losing weight will lose some, gain a little back, then lose it and some more - for me it's like a small roller coaster, a general downward trend, but with small rises and plateaus. I set short term goals, and when I reach them, I reward myself with a treat like pizza or an ice cream sundae.

I think it's great that you're posting your progress - it's a great incentive to keep losing the weight. If you ever need anything I'm here - keep us posted.

You're on your way to a better and healthier life. Congratulations again on the first 3 pounds lost and Good Luck

Jenna

wow thats alot of weight you lost well done thankyou for the advice im thinking of doing more exercise once i get myself into gear