Thread: On a scale of one to ten

On a scale of one to ten

(FtMs only, please)
    I'm curious as to what level of trans we all see ourselves as. Seems like there's a few who are totally 100% male, a bunch who are close, and then a long tail of those of us more confused, but maybe I'm wrong. So I'm asking you to rank yourself on a scale of one to ten, how trans are you. 1 means you're totally cis-gendered, 10 means you're completely a man in a woman's body with no female in you. Feel free to use as many decimal places as you need, or to throw on an uncertainty. *laughs* I definitely need an uncertainty to take into account how much it changes day to day.
    I'll start. I'd say I'm about 4.5 plus or minus 2.
    I wanna know, can you show me
    I wanna know about these
    strangers like me
    Tell me more, please show me
    Somethings familiar about these strangers like me

Platinum Member
    10...identify 100% male

Quote Originally Posted by bi_weird View Post
    (FtMs only, please)
    I'm curious as to what level of trans we all see ourselves as. Seems like there's a few who are totally 100% male, a bunch who are close, and then a long tail of those of us more confused, but maybe I'm wrong. So I'm asking you to rank yourself on a scale of one to ten, how trans are you. 1 means you're totally cis-gendered, 10 means you're completely a man in a woman's body with no female in you. Feel free to use as many decimal places as you need, or to throw on an uncertainty. *laughs* I definitely need an uncertainty to take into account how much it changes day to day.
    I'll start. I'd say I'm about 4.5 plus or minus 2.
    I'm going to go with a 9.......I'm working toward ten, but still have some old habits to lose (not a lot, but I'm a perfectionist, so I won't give Myself a 10 yet).....But....that being said....I feel 100% male (always have, even at My most outwardly femme), and am MUCH more comfortable and natural being Myself.....**T**
    Ever The Opportunist

10. I'm absolutely not a woman.
    Story of my life –>

10. Definitely not a woman either.
    "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."- Oscar Wilde

11 ok 10 then but yeah 100% male

10, but in order to be totally trans, ie male trapped inside a womans body, I have to admit that I erm...have a females body, else I wouldn't be trans, if I just come along and said, 'yea Im totally male'..If that makes sense! I know I should have been born male!

wow... I think I'd have to say that I'm anywhere between +5 and -5 on any given day... today I was somewhere between 2 and 3, but who knows about tomorrow?

I think most days I fall around a 7-8. I like that I'm a guy, I like being recognized as a guy, and I don't want to go back to existing as female. But at the same time, I have feminine mannerisms that are part of my personality, and I'm not changing just because I'm not masculine enough.
    Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The most universal quality is diversity. - Michel de Montaigne

You do not truly own anything you cannot carry at a dead run!

‘Them as can do, has to do for them as can’t. And someone has to speak up for
    them as has no voices.’ - Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

I think I'm probably about a 6. I'm definitely not a female, but pretty sure I'm not a male either. I'm closer to being a guy than a girl.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    8 I feel stuck here do to lack of money to go further. If you count mentaly then 10.

I am usually sitting on 7-8 most of the time - I definitely identify as male, but because I have lived as a woman for almost 37 years and am only recently kind of acknowledging my maleness, I have all the "stuff" from my former life (including kids that live with me) so I do have a certain degree of femininity there (which I am struggling with at present - how to make that fit into my male self without being *too* feminine for a guy). I also don't have the money to make permanent changes like surgery so am constantly reminded that I am stuck in a female body, which kinda sucks

Daniel
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by hi24home View Post
    I think most days I fall around a 7-8. I like that I'm a guy, I like being recognized as a guy, and I don't want to go back to existing as female. But at the same time, I have feminine mannerisms that are part of my personality, and I'm not changing just because I'm not masculine enough.

I feel the same way as Cai (and I'm glad he explained it so well, 'cause my brain ain't working), except that I feel between 8.5 and 9.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

body aside, 100% girly man.
    Mentaly unstable like a fox!

Transitional Journal on the FTM transitioning bord: A to B, via T

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...4faf/event.png

I know I already answered this, but just to clarify, did you mean male vs female? Or masculine vs feminine? Id est, I'm 100% male, but I'm only about 75% masculine because I'm not 'super macho' or anything like that. I'm definitely a guy, but a somewhat feminine one.
    Story of my life –>

Hrm. I'm not sure which I meant. I gues male v. female.
    I'm glad that some of the not-10s voted. For a bit there I was nervous thinking maybe I really was the only one *laughs*. And I am the biggest girl so far!
    I wanna know, can you show me
    I wanna know about these
    strangers like me
    Tell me more, please show me
    Somethings familiar about these strangers like me

Quote Originally Posted by bi_weird View Post
    Hrm. I'm not sure which I meant. I gues male v. female.
    I'm glad that some of the not-10s voted. For a bit there I was nervous thinking maybe I really was the only one *laughs*. And I am the biggest girl so far!
    Hey, no worries mate. Not being 100% male doesn't count against you on this site. We're here because we don't fit into a cookie-cutter gender role, and wherever we lie on the gender spectrum is okay because life doesn't often deal in absolutes.

[SIZE="1"](And by 'we' in this specific instance I'm referring to those of us who identify as transmasculine.)[/SIZE]
    Story of my life –>

Hmm, a 6,5.
    Everyday I breake the law........of Gender.

For me it's around 7 I think. I'm not a girl, I'm not a man. I feel closest to being a man, I generally feel better when I dress/act like one anyway.

It's nice to see how everyone identifies, it's good to know I'm not the only one stuck in the middle or someday's less. What I feel or am is still quite confusing.
    ~Deron~

My Korat Kitten's Boy Toy JamesAlan's Avatar
    Right now, I feel like I'm a 5. I feel stuck in the middle, but I'm trying to work myself from there. For years I've tried to force myself to be more femminine, now trying to drop most of it. I'll admit I have more guy clothes than femme (though need new shoes, all those are femme). Just working little by little each day. Being a part of these boards is helping too.
    Life is like a dominatrix hooker...she'll beat the crap out of you and still insist you pay.

Somewhere between a 6 and an 8, I think, depending on the day. Recently I feel more like a 6 or so but there are definitely times when I feel more male.

Probably around a 7. I'm feel more comfortable as a man but, have too many feminine traits to feel 100%. It all depends on the day for me. Some days the feelings are stronger than others.
    Vampires are real, just not how you picture them to be.

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Ooh. Toughie. Because... while I recognise that I do have some typically feminine characteristics (liking kids, emotions that aren't easily controlled (although it's usually anger or frustration, and I don't cry in chick flicks), etc.), those can also be characteristics of very secure men as well.

I guess, if I discount all that and just base it on how I see myself, I'd say between 8.5 and 9.5. Because I've gotten undressed and seen a glimpse of myself in a mirror, and been shocked because I've somehow forgotten what I actually look like-- I've never thought of myself as a girl, or anyone's daughter or sister. Not for as long as I can remember, anyway.

I hope that answers the question. This is all very confusing, and I'm frightened.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.