Thread: No more razors please

No more razors please

i been shaving my legs with a razor works great on my lower legs but the skin on my thighs is to sensitive and i get really bad razor burn there whats the best alternative
    lie for a smile truth for a tear

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEY88 View Post
    i been shaving my legs with a razor works great on my lower legs but the skin on my thighs is to sensitive and i get really bad razor burn there whats the best alternative
    You could try either Veet Hair Remover, or Sally Hansen Spray On Hair Remover. Or try using regular shaving cream to shave your legs and then put body cream on them afterwards. I have been doing that for years and have never had a problem.

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEY88 View Post
    Use a epi! veet is ok but you may be sensitve to that too. whatever you use make sure you moisture well after, E45 is brill for that.

Soccer Mom Extraordinaire Dee Talbot's Avatar
    I don't have much luck with hair removal products, but I do have a help for sensitive skin after shaving. Soak paper towels in milk, Wring them out, and put them on the sensitive areas after shaving. It helps.

Dee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When life gives you a crossdresser, screw the lemonade.......grab your bags and go shopping!!

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    You'll find that a Ladyshave electric razor is much kinder to the skin in sensitive areas than a blade. You'll probably still get a bit of a rash though but this will lessen and disappear as your skin gets used to regular shaving.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

I have found my thighs, particularly upper thighs, are a problem area. Shaving is not good, hair remover also causes a rash. I do my best, shaving lightly with the lie of the hair rather than against it, and just put up with slightly hairy thighs. Not too many people get to see them.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

i had bad bumps until I quit using shaving gel or cream now I just lather on bar soap and works great!

If your brave, you can use an epilator. I use one called "silk epil", works pretty good. Takes the hair right out at the root, like waxing. You get bumps for a few hours, but after a while they stop showing up.
    :GE:Don't sweat the small stuff...and its all SMALL stuff.

The more you shave, the more your skin will accomadate and toughen up. I think you will find that the razor burn will eventually dissappear.

What to do now? Go to Walmart, buy a tube of generic Hydorcortizone Cream. Apply to upper thighs after you shave, just rub it in. That will usually remove the itching, bumps, and the redness......overnight!

Peace and Love, Joanie

I use baby oil after shaving my legs seems to work good
    Angie

Try this

First take a warm bath and at last you can use a new razor but first soap only one area on the part you want shave in the natural direction of the hair, this can get out about 80% of that.
    And in the end take a soft shave on oposite direction.
    I try this but I found the better solution is to use "silk epil" because every time you use it the hair grow less strong and it's is called semipermanent because that makes about 15 days hair less and if it is used regulary then the hair gradually disapears.

When I get razor burn it means that I have to change blades Dull blades will cause razor burn. Also I use sensitive skin shaving gel then after drying off I use lotion. In fact I use lotion everyday sometimes twice. That's what a GF did and she had great legs and she's 64 and if it works for her I said why not me and it does.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

whats a epi and where can i find one
    lie for a smile truth for a tear

The one I use, and am quite happy with, is called "Satinelle".. Just put it in a search and you will hit many sites to buy one. Masde by Philips.

Chemicals burned me ( my own fault) and don't seem to work well for me on shorter growth. Razors were the smoothest but I swear after a few hours I felt the little suckers starting to grow back. I bit the bullet and bought a epilator, reviewd all of 'em and got this one..http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.proc...afeed.EMJ+AP99. I've had my about three months and about run the poor thing into the ground. I think a big block hemi power unit would be about right to really yank the hairs out faster and get 'em all. This thing looks scarier than it is, esp around certain areas like nipples and the lower sections, but it has never ever grabbed anything LOL. Well it did grab my long hair once while I was reaching over my back to get whatever I could. It just stalled and I poped off the head and unwound it, not a biggie. It's the best for me but because hair is growing all the time you only get whats there when you use it. For me it seems like about every three days I have a new batch to deal with. There is NO way I can go 15 days, OMG I'd be monkey girl again. The first time the pain is like nothing you ever experienced, but at this point I feel nothing. I did get a lot of ingrown hair on my tummy and lower parts ( I TRY for the total hairless look) but am slowly but surely getting it sort of straightened out. Legs and arms and lower back are A- OK, couldn't be happier. Underarms are a breeze now that there is no more pain. FYI...longer hair means more pain. Be prepared to clean up a pile of hair after use though, it adds up. Hope this helps as another choice.

With razors, there is the potential for cut and burning.

Creams make you sore.

Epilators are painful.

I am now considering getting my legs waxed in a salon.