Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: meeting in public

meeting in public

OK "girls" Here is a more direct Question. How would you feel if you were out and someone, especially other CD minded people, politely approached you? For the sake of arguement, lets say you were either totally "en femme" or as some of us do, partially. Knowing we sort of give off a "femme"vib, obviously because thats what we want, or that's how we feel. When at all possible, I at least wear light make-up and always something"femme" .
    Even somewhat "femme" outerwear when possible. Meeting those like ourselves is hard enough. I would be thrilled if others ,especially someone like myself, either "en femme" or in "drab was willing or wanting to talk to me.
    I know there are a host of other issues, privacy, etc. but there is also the dificulty with meeting or having other friends with the same interrests.

Myself I would love it. If we hit it off together then We could shopping and would have someone to talk to. Now if the person was creepy then I wouldn't be upset they come up to me but i would just deny it. I understand if some people would not like it. Just like everything else everyone is different

Yes i would love to have a friend with the same interest as me , but i know it will never happen .

joanne

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    The best way to meet other TGs is to go to a TG support group.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

So what's the difference between meeting someone that likes to crossdress and love the same sports team you do? Nothing at all.. So don't know why the concern...

As far as pricacy issues meeting someone who crossdresses bonds you together since you both have a vested interest not getting outted.. Assured mutual distruction I think is the term.. Lol

I have met many CDs both enfemme and in drab.. Go out to lunch in drab with a couple local girls often.. And we chat about crossdressing and family and everything.. Friends who share some common interests.. Including but not limited to crossdressing.. So go for it if you get the opertunity... Good friends are hard to come by..

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Smile

Karen . . . You did it again. Hit the nail on the head. If a guy were to come up to me while I am dressed, I would assume that he is also a crossdresser, or that he is curious why I am doing this, and either way, I am sure that a nice conversation would be had. If it was a woman, or girl, and again, pleasant questions were asked, I believe a nice conversation would be had. But, if yelling, name-calling, put downs, etc. were said, time to leave the scene.

Personally, of the 50 to 75 people who have seen me dressed in any female attire, never once have I recieved a negative comment, except by my Ex. Living in the SF Bay Area may be why I have been treated so nice, also. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...cons/icon7.gif
    Smile

I could not agree more with Karen, if you are approched its "most likely" because he/she is or is in a relationship with a CD. No concern here. Infact I would be happy to enjoy the company, and maybe a good cup of coffee, soda, beer.....LOL!

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

I have no problem if some one wants to talk while I'm dressed. But if you would like some one to go shopping with just ask. There girls here that would go at the drop of a hit.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I would have no problem after getting over the shock.

Well, until I can figure out something to do with my weatherbeaten face, there is no way that I could go out in daylight without being made so I cannot imagine what it would be like to have someone come up to me and start a polite conversation. I can fantisize that it would be good and all, but in reality it would not go so well, probably.

Smile

I have no issues at all, either.
    In fact, I was out the previous weekend at a CD friendly gay bar and this straight male came up and started talking to me and my friend.
    He said that he was a regular customer and knows a lot of the patrons. He was very nice and courteous and said that he was very open and accepting of the GLBT community.
    That was the first time someone had ever come up and talked to me or my friend and it made me feel good.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

I think under safe circumstances it could be very nice. A lot would depend on the approach/introduction. I would probably be hurt and upset by a stranger striding up to me and saying, "I see that you're in drag and I do it too", but a friendly smile followed by "I just love your sweater (or earings or shoes or whatever) - may I ask where you got it?" would be very welcome. Probably not too different from being a real girl and having a stranger of any gender starting a conversation.

The funny thing is, I don't see many of our kind out there, no matter how I'm dressed. I think of this as confirmation that we blend and pass much better than we think we do.

jj

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    So what's the difference between meeting someone that likes to crossdress and love the same sports team you do? Nothing at all.. So don't know why the concern...

Karren
    Sometimes there is a definite sexual interest when two crossdressers meet--and sometimes not---I think that is what the primary concern was here---not the same when two Patriots or Red Sox fans meet---usually there is no interest in hooking up---lol---awkwrd situatuations can be avoided by meeting in public at first--as opposed to your house or hotel room and most of all be being very clear upfront---if you are connecting on line first-say what your interests are--"friendship w/no sex" it will prevent misunderstanding and hurt feelings.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

After years of no interaction while out dressed, this recently happened to me twice in one weekend ! Both times I was minding my own business and was approached by somebody in drab.

The first time I almost wet myself but he assured me that he was also a CD-er and even produced some pics. We had a nice chat, he told me I looked great. We swapped some ideas and stuff and it ended happily.

The second occasion started with a similar approach "You look gorgeous" and "Don't worry I'm also a tranny". This chat ended a little less happily when I noticed how...er excited he was about me. I quickly left despite his pleas for me to stay a little longer.

T-Girl and here to stay!! Rosaliy Lynne's Avatar

things that make ya go hmmmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post

As far as pricacy issues meeting someone who crossdresses bonds you together since you both have a vested interest not getting outted.. Assured mutual distruction I think is the term.. Lol

I have met many CDs both enfemme and in drab.. Go out to lunch in drab with a couple local girls often.. And we chat about crossdressing and family and everything.. Friends who share some common interests.. Including but not limited to crossdressing.. So go for it if you get the opertunity... Good friends are hard to come by..

Karren
    Right on Karen. And btw I think you look great. Loved that mirror picture. As to meeting people in public, a lot depends on their approach, just like in any other meeting situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniwannabe View Post
    Well, until I can figure out something to do with my weatherbeaten face, there is no way that I could go out in daylight without being made so I cannot imagine what it would be like to have someone come up to me and start a polite conversation. I can fantisize that it would be good and all, but in reality it would not go so well, probably.
    Don't be too sure of that. There are a lot of GG's who don't look a whole lot better than some of our sisters I've seen out there.

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferj View Post
    I think under safe circumstances it could be very nice. A lot would depend on the approach/introduction. I would probably be hurt and upset by a stranger striding up to me and saying, "I see that you're in drag and I do it too", but a friendly smile followed by "I just love your sweater (or earings or shoes or whatever) - may I ask where you got it?" would be very welcome. Probably not too different from being a real girl and having a stranger of any gender starting a conversation.

The funny thing is, I don't see many of our kind out there, no matter how I'm dressed. I think of this as confirmation that we blend and pass much better than we think we do.

jj
    That would be a good conversation starter and it happens all the time with most everyone. I haven't had such a public meeting with total strangers who MIGHT also be CD's but then how would you know unless it came up in converse?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
    After years of no interaction while out dressed, this recently happened to me twice in one weekend ! Both times I was minding my own business and was approached by somebody in drab.

The first time I almost wet myself but he assured me that he was also a CD-er and even produced some pics. We had a nice chat, he told me I looked great. We swapped some ideas and stuff and it ended happily.

The second occasion started with a similar approach "You look gorgeous" and "Don't worry I'm also a tranny". This chat ended a little less happily when I noticed how...er excited he was about me. I quickly left despite his pleas for me to stay a little longer.
    The first one was genuine imho. The second one just wanted what you probably didn't want to give as evidenced by you leaving. You called both incidents correctly. WTG!!!
    Rosaliy Lynne
    We are who we are. We become what we must.
    http://rosaliylynne.com/

It's happened many times to me. Mostly inquistive girls and a few men who just wanted to know why and perhaps explore their sexuality a bit. I absolutely love it when real women approach me to talk. And when men do, well it makes my heart skip a beat or two.

Get thee to a TG club!!!

There are absolutely TONS of groups now. If you post your town, I can help you find one. Tri Ess is all over, but there are also lots of independent organizations now.

You will have the very best time of your life! They do shopping trips, outings to plays, movies, cookouts, dinners, on and on. They have speakers on clothes, makeup, TG issues, safety... I attended and helped run a large organization for quite a few years, and it is absolutely safe. TG's are the kindest, most generous people on the face of the planet. If you want to message me privately, I can tell you more about what the experience is like...) Most groups will appoint a big sister for you to help you be comfortable, help with makeup, etc. No sex stuff, ever. Those people are usually sent packing, as wives also attend. In fact, plan on dressing conservatively, the first time.... Nice skirt and blouse, light makeup... Often, they have a place for people to put themselves together. And most girls go out to the bar afterwards for drinking, talking (more) and dancing if that is your thing.

It's a terrific way to have a real life in your femme mode.

Quote Originally Posted by CDBarbie View Post
    OK "girls" Here is a more direct Question. How would you feel if you were out and someone, especially other CD minded people, politely approached you? For the sake of arguement, lets say you were either totally "en femme" or as some of us do, partially. Knowing we sort of give off a "femme"vib, obviously because thats what we want, or that's how we feel. When at all possible, I at least wear light make-up and always something"femme" .
    Even somewhat "femme" outerwear when possible. Meeting those like ourselves is hard enough. I would be thrilled if others ,especially someone like myself, either "en femme" or in "drab was willing or wanting to talk to me.
    I know there are a host of other issues, privacy, etc. but there is also the dificulty with meeting or having other friends with the same interrests.
    Last edited by Cara Allen; 08-31-2007 at 08:55 AM.
    So I turned myself to face me, but I've never caught a glimpse
    Of how the others must see the faker,I'm much too fast to take that test.
    And these children you spit on, as they try to change their worlds,
    Are immune to your consultation, They're quite aware of what they're going thru!

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes David Bowie

[SIZE="1"]by Cara Allen[/SIZE]Cara

New friends are always welcome. I would not mind someone talking to me. Who knows what might come of a chance meeting! I for one am always ready to go shopping.

Eileen

I'd be delighted! If ya see me, tag me! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    I'd be delighted! If ya see me, tag me! :-)
    Kimberly, I will be on the lookout for you

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    It would really be nice if I met other gurls here...For us, its a drive of 3-4 hours just to make a tri-ess meeting...

Quote Originally Posted by Marcie Sexton View Post
    It would really be nice if I met other gurls here...For us, its a drive of 3-4 hours just to make a tri-ess meeting...
    Not my fault that EVERY time I'm down that way you have to work!! lol

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

So far....

I have so far aranged to meet others who do this for the first time. But after I start going out, to be approached by another crossdresser out of the blue. I'm down with that. If I'm already dressed up like a girl in public, How could I possibly feel akward?
    You can call me a sissy. Cuz that's my name!
    Sissy! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    If one is happy out there should be no problem with a chance talk/encounter any more than such a meeting would cause in drab.
    After all there is nothing different other than the difference/interest that has been recognised by the other person. (Unless of course there is a potential publicity problem involved in this meeting.
    ~Samm
    PS I exclude such clubs and meetings where one would expect other cds to be present. At such places, life is normal..... dressed.
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Redhead Ready to Rock Bobbie cd's Avatar
    I have been approached while out dressed by both other CD's and "ordinary" type folks.

In fact, just this evening I stopped by my favorite thrift store after my electrolysis appointment. So, there I was riffling my way through the blouse racks wearing a mid-thigh leopard print skirt, black camisole with a dark leopard print crepe over-blouse (I'll try to post pics later, ) when a lady came up to me and said, "Excuse me, but can I ask you a question?". Being the basically friendly person that I am, I said "Sure".

I was expecting the usual type questions, but that was not what was forthcoming. Her question was about when I started dressing and what age I thought it was appropriate for it to be accepted and encouraged!
    Turns out, she has a teenage child (gm) who definitely expresses female, to the point I would say sounds very much into the transexual end of the spectrum.

We talked for probably 15-20 minutes or so. She told me that she has done her best to be supportive, assured the child that she was still her child and still loved, that counseling for child has been made available. I told her that she was doing the best thing that she could by continuing to reinforce the message that her child is and would always be loved and accepted, that the therapy/counseling could make a huge difference for the child (providing the counselor is competent and experienced with gender issues). I told her about some web sites that could help her find local resources to help.

Following that, I shopped some more, then stopped by the grocery store to pick up some items for supper.

I haven't really had any negative interaction so far with anyone I have come across while out dressed enfemme. (I do think I bent a few people's minds though, wandering through the grocery store in my leopard print skirt and heels. )
    Live in the Present.
    Forgive the Past.