Thread: Passing down what you have learned to be a guy.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Passing down what you have learned to be a guy.

I Have a friends boy who thinks of me as a father figure and I take this very serious. I want to get him his first shaving kit and tell him the joys about growing-up to be a proper gentlemen.

So if you were in same spot what would you pass on to him?

This question open to every-one.

Platinum Member
    Always treat ladies with respect......

Always treat other men with respect.....

Make sure he knows it's okay to have emotions, to have a softer side, even a feminine side. Too many men out there think they have to be made of stone to be men.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    Always treat ladies with respect......

Always treat other men with respect.....

If someone falls down the stairs, help them up. If someone is coming through the door behind you, hold it. Pick things up when people drop them. Common sense courtesy is important.
    Last edited by Cai; 09-02-2007 at 04:52 PM.
    Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The most universal quality is diversity. - Michel de Montaigne

You do not truly own anything you cannot carry at a dead run!

‘Them as can do, has to do for them as can’t. And someone has to speak up for
    them as has no voices.’ - Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

Bronx, NY, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Galaxy, The Universe
    That a "real man" can cook a meal, read a book, comfort a child, laugh at himself, stand up for his beliefs, do his own laundry, be polite to people who are not polite to him, give and receive compliments and critique, and still have a whole lot of fun.

Pretty much the same as a "real woman," come to think of it.

Disclaimer: The above list is far from complete.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead

Dont be afraid to do whats right
    Always treat people with respect
    Dont believe everything you hear, find out the truth
    Money is an end not a means

Just tell him one thing and he will go far in life

women and girls are always right even in there not agree with them works for me

but no really just teach him to respect otheres in a way he would like to be treated and he should be fine

Tell him so make a stand for things he believes in! especially when they go against the "norm"
    Natalie

Let him lead you to show him his way.

You kinda know both sides of the fence ... a big chance to help him to become a complete person ... he'll pick up the bits that suit him best.

Respecting himself and respecting others is most important IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mistunderstood View Post
    I Have a friends boy who thinks of me as a father figure and I take this very serious. I want to get him his first shaving kit and tell him the joys about growing-up to be a proper gentlemen.

So if you were in same spot what would you pass on to him?

This question open to every-one.
    One thing I taught My kids and it paid off with all three (who are now grown up) is this....Some call it Karma, some call it "what goes around, comes around"....I believe in never turning a blind eye to a person in need (whether that need is an emotional one, helping a person with a flat tire, or money for a homeless guy to get lunch, etc., etc., etc.)....I told My kids that once that person is placed in your path, it is your responsibility to help them if you can....and when YOU need help, there will always be someone there to help YOU....I've lived My life on that premise, and it has never failed Me....Not once....If everyone did the same thing, it would be a totally different world....Okay, you can all call ME a bleeding heart now....LOL **T**
    Ever The Opportunist