Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: is it me or what?

LOL yep that'd work

Daniel
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

I gotta say... I actually really don't like the direction this thread has been taken.... I put a lot of work into trying to address an issue, and I feel kinda hurt that it's been made into a slumber party.

There are already party threads, and it'd be easy enough to start a new one... but please, leave serious threads alone. I feel all that came previously in this thread is being belittled.

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyKaren View Post
    Ferrets? Slumber parties? Now I really should close this thread...

Karen Starlene

Ask Tamara about nipple clamps and jump leads !!!!!!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brylram View Post
    I gotta say... I actually really don't like the direction this thread has been taken.... I put a lot of work into trying to address an issue, and I feel kinda hurt that it's been made into a slumber party.

There are already party threads, and it'd be easy enough to start a new one... but please, leave serious threads alone. I feel all that came previously in this thread is being belittled.
    ok i know i helped take it off topic, and for that i apologise, i was just sick of the B/S, but i must say i have to agree, this may as well be closed now

Fair enough, just thought it would be good to lighten the mood a bit. My apologies.
    Nobody calls me Lebowski. You got the wrong guy. I'm the Dude, man.

That's alright guys... I WOULD like to keep it open so that future readers could submit their own comments/thoughts... but I'm not sure if they might just stop at the part stuff and not go any further, so I'm not sure how effective it would be at achieving that goal.

Platinum Member
    That's alright guys... I WOULD like to keep it open so that future readers could submit their own comments/thoughts... but I'm not sure if they might just stop at the part stuff and not go any further, so I'm not sure how effective it would be at achieving that goal.
    perhaps lex can delete all the fun stuff

lol, Lex to the rescue eh? Well, he did do a fantastic job on changing my t-log's thread name... so I trust him with the job.

Brylram,

I am sorry. Please accept my apology. I was trying to lighten the thread. It IS an important issue, I couldn't agree more. I simply wanted things to go in a lighter mood, and everyone to stop fighting. I will try to remember not to do this again in the future...

Kris
    [SIZE="3"]
    I'm BACK..... I miss you all so much!!
    [/SIZE]

That's ok Kris... I totally understand the feeling of wanting a lighter mood. Sometimes moods are better left heavy though.

Hopefully over time the fighting will get to be less, but for now I think we're just at a point where it needs to happen for a while... I havent been here long, but I get the impression things were building up for a while before I joined, and everything just kinda got to be too much or something. That's the problem with not talking as we all go along... once conversation starts, too much needs to be said, and it's all built up too much importance.

I may not have been here for the build-up, but damned if I'm not good at picking up on what's going on and then joining in. lol

*note* By the way... to all non-ftm members who'd rather use my first name than my username, it's Logan. Just 'cause I know some people like it better that way. (I know, I know, Kieron "just put it in my signature"... I still say non!)
    Last edited by brylram; 08-31-2007 at 09:40 AM.

Platinum Member
    lol, Lex to the rescue eh? Well, he did do a fantastic job on changing my t-log's thread name... so I trust him with the job.
    i just like getting him to work *ok im dead*....*finds a girls skirt to hide under*

Platinum Member
    *note* By the way... to all non-ftm members who'd rather use my first name than my username, it's Logan. Just 'cause I know some people like it better that way. (I know, I know, Kieron "just put it in my signature"... I still say non!)
    well put it under your avatar then, instead of signature

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    Yeah, Missy, it's you. Actually, let me correct that . . . it's not just you. This false idea and misconception goes around this place more often than a rabid, runaway panty thread. I don't know where people get that idea, but it's not true. It's not a whole lot easier - it's not even a little bit easier. If you're not familiar with the hard times we go through because of our transgenderism, we'd be happy to enlighten you - or anyone who is really interested in learning, not just making assumptions.

Anyone can just drop in on any given day and pay a visit to our side of the fence, and if they can keep their mouth shut long enough to read and listen to our stories, they will see that it's just the other side of the same coin. I really don't understand all this "they have it easier" song-and-dance routine. Do any of you really want to live my life? I doubt it. I would happily lend it to any of you for a week and we'll see if you even make it that long.

The grass ain't always greener folks, but even if it was . . . why these comments? Why try to make us feel like you envy us? I don't get it.

LOL at This false idea and misconception goes around this place more often than a rabid, runaway panty thread. hehehe

well put it under your avatar then, instead of signature
    *gasp* and give up my precious "member" title?! rofl... a'right, a'right already... I'll do it.

LOL at This false idea and misconception goes around this place more often than a rabid, runaway panty thread. hehehe
    The man has a way with words... undeniably.

Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread. I don't want to get angry or depressed.

But I'm continually amazed when MTFs suggest that it's somehow easier for FTM. We all get treated as gender traitors and objects of ridicule. And if anyone says that MTFs are in risk of danger when en femme, please remember that none of us are exempt from such violence.

It's hard enough for GMs to be accepted as men (as anyone who's been the brunt of homophobic comments should well realize). But that's nothing compared to what it must be like for an FTM.

Sure, some GGs may give a MTF a sour or patronizing look. So what? GMs can be far more patronizing & callous.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Leigh View Post
    Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread. I don't want to get angry or depressed.

But I'm continually amazed when MTFs suggest that it's somehow easier for FTM. We all get treated as gender traitors and objects of ridicule. And if anyone says that MTFs are in risk of danger when en femme, please remember that none of us are exempt from such violence.

It's hard enough for GMs to be accepted as men (as anyone who's been the brunt of homophobic comments should well realize). But that's nothing compared to what it must be like for an FTM.

Sure, some GGs may give a MTF a sour or patronizing look. So what? GMs can be far more patronizing & callous.

Robin
    What worries me is how GM in society can be horribly cruel. I have heard many stories of men (F2M) being gang raped and/or beat to a bloody pulp and as Dee suggested, killed.

A lady (M2F) often still has his size and strength to use to protect himself from others and I don't MEAN that she can take on a gang and that violence doesn't happen... but not as often as I hear about it happening to GF...

That alone makes a difference in my book....... but I think everyone has prejudices to deal with in their own life.. but there is no misery meter that says who's got it worse.

Kris
    [SIZE="3"]
    [/SIZE]

The man has a way with words... undeniably.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow, didn't I miss the fun!

Christ, can't leave you lot alone for five minuits, can I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris GG View Post
    Brylram,

I am sorry. Please accept my apology. I was trying to lighten the thread. It IS an important issue, I couldn't agree more. I simply wanted things to go in a lighter mood, and everyone to stop fighting. I will try to remember not to do this again in the future...

Kris
    Ah, how could you have know that putting 'party' anywere on the ship instantly melts the thread down into just that? I agree that it was getting intence though. Oh, and welcome on bord, wench
    Mentaly unstable like a fox!

Transitional Journal on the FTM transitioning bord: A to B, via T

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...4faf/event.png

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Ah, how could you have know that putting 'party' anywere on the ship instantly melts the thread down into just that? I agree that it was getting intence though. Oh, and welcome on bord, wench
    Haha, Jhonny, you're so right. That's why I thought the party part of the thread should stay - it says it all about us, really. We're not just about arguing our point - we're also appreciative of fun and supportive people that get us and share the good and bad parts of our lives. And even if we usually take a thread off course, we get it back on and continue it.

Only problem I have is that it was a pajama party - c'mon, what self-respecting pirate wears pajamas?
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Party -

I am hesitant to say this because it's off topic and I do not wish to disrespect anyone.. so I am going to start a new thread, if no one minds.

Kris
    [SIZE="3"]
    [/SIZE]