Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is it me or what?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question is it me or what?

Ok to me or just the why my mind works, but it seams to me that f2m cd's have it a whole lot easier being out and at passing then m2f cd's do.

Missy

Platinum Member

I agree with Kieron.

I think one reason being, (Not the sole solitary single reason) is that women usually show more skin, and Men can cover it all up with Clothes/Hair. It's not necessarily always true, but it's one thing I've been thinking about lately.

Example:

vs.

hehe ^_^
    ~Veris Faye

"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." -- Saul Bellow

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    Ok to me or just the why my mind works, but it seams to me that f2m cd's have it a whole lot easier being out and at passing then m2f cd's do.

Missy
    How do you come to that conclusion?

I think they probably have an easier time NOT passing than MtF do because people are less confused and antagonised by a none passing blokey girl than a none passing girly bloke even if just from a clothing point of view.

But I'm not sure about your original statement.

Missy
    Yeah, Missy, it's you. Actually, let me correct that . . . it's not just you. This false idea and misconception goes around this place more often than a rabid, runaway panty thread. I don't know where people get that idea, but it's not true. It's not a whole lot easier - it's not even a little bit easier. If you're not familiar with the hard times we go through because of our transgenderism, we'd be happy to enlighten you - or anyone who is really interested in learning, not just making assumptions.

Anyone can just drop in on any given day and pay a visit to our side of the fence, and if they can keep their mouth shut long enough to read and listen to our stories, they will see that it's just the other side of the same coin. I really don't understand all this "they have it easier" song-and-dance routine. Do any of you really want to live my life? I doubt it. I would happily lend it to any of you for a week and we'll see if you even make it that long.

The grass ain't always greener folks, but even if it was . . . why these comments? Why try to make us feel like you envy us? I don't get it.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    Yeah, Missy, it's you. Actually, let me correct that . . . it's not just you. This false idea and misconception goes around this place more often than a rabid, runaway panty thread. I don't know where people get that idea, but it's not true. It's not a whole lot easier - it's not even a little bit easier. If you're not familiar with the hard times we go through because of our transgenderism, we'd be happy to enlighten you - or anyone who is really interested in learning, not just making assumptions.

Anyone can just drop in on any given day and pay a visit to our side of the fence, and if they can keep their mouth shut long enough to read and listen to our stories, they will see that it's just the other side of the same coin. I really don't understand all this "they have it easier" song-and-dance routine. Do any of you really want to live my life? I doubt it. I would happily lend it to any of you for a week and we'll see if you even make it that long.

The grass ain't always greener folks, but even if it was . . . why these comments? Why try to make us feel like you envy us? I don't get it.
    everything he said is true, and more besides....trying being me and having a size 40F chest that i cant not bind well, try being me when im binding AND packing and i still get called 'she, her, ma'am'.....try being me that because of my body shape, clothes that i want to wear do not fit.....just try being me for 24hrs im sure you'll be screaming to go back...at least with M2Fs you can outwardly see what you are trying to achieve and 9 times out 10 you get the response you deserve...in the right manner because no one dare say anything else....yes you try being me!...time and time these threads keep coming up, and to be honest with you im sick of it, no one has it easier or better, we are all in the same boat fighting to fit in....

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post

LOL at This false idea and misconception goes around this place more often than a rabid, runaway panty thread. hehehe

well put it under your avatar then, instead of signature
    *gasp* and give up my precious "member" title?! rofl... a'right, a'right already... I'll do it.

LOL at This false idea and misconception goes around this place more often than a rabid, runaway panty thread. hehehe
    The man has a way with words... undeniably.

Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread. I don't want to get angry or depressed.

But I'm continually amazed when MTFs suggest that it's somehow easier for FTM. We all get treated as gender traitors and objects of ridicule. And if anyone says that MTFs are in risk of danger when en femme, please remember that none of us are exempt from such violence.

It's hard enough for GMs to be accepted as men (as anyone who's been the brunt of homophobic comments should well realize). But that's nothing compared to what it must be like for an FTM.

Sure, some GGs may give a MTF a sour or patronizing look. So what? GMs can be far more patronizing & callous.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Leigh View Post
    Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread. I don't want to get angry or depressed.

But I'm continually amazed when MTFs suggest that it's somehow easier for FTM. We all get treated as gender traitors and objects of ridicule. And if anyone says that MTFs are in risk of danger when en femme, please remember that none of us are exempt from such violence.

It's hard enough for GMs to be accepted as men (as anyone who's been the brunt of homophobic comments should well realize). But that's nothing compared to what it must be like for an FTM.

Sure, some GGs may give a MTF a sour or patronizing look. So what? GMs can be far more patronizing & callous.

Robin
    What worries me is how GM in society can be horribly cruel. I have heard many stories of men (F2M) being gang raped and/or beat to a bloody pulp and as Dee suggested, killed.

A lady (M2F) often still has his size and strength to use to protect himself from others and I don't MEAN that she can take on a gang and that violence doesn't happen... but not as often as I hear about it happening to GF...

That alone makes a difference in my book....... but I think everyone has prejudices to deal with in their own life.. but there is no misery meter that says who's got it worse.

Kris
    [SIZE="3"]
    I'm BACK..... I miss you all so much!!
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by brylram View Post
    The man has a way with words... undeniably.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Huh?

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandra View Post
    Huh?
    yeah exactly Sal

The Capt, and Kieron have given a very good answer. Rather than ask questions like this, maybe it would be a better idea to visit the other side and as the Capt eloquently said ....be quiet, read and learn. I think you will understand a lot more. I have read much of what is there and I can tell you I am impressed by how the guys handle the abuse and all the malarkey they deal with.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Missy
    WoW... just wow... what a statement to make!!!! This just emphasizes how many members here, are lacking awareness regarding the day to day life of a FTM CD/TS. Have you actually taken the time to read anything in this section (transman where you should have had the decency to post this) or the TS section? One can only presume that you have not, or you would know just how hard it is for them. To live through the days of sneers, gossip, being called a butch lesbian, laughed at, jeered at, not taken seriously… oh it’s just a phase and my most hated one ‘she’ll grow out of it’… I could go on, but I will not, because I already know what kind of life they have. If I were you, I’d catch up on some reading, because evidently, you do not actually have a clue do you?!?
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 08-30-2007 at 05:01 PM.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Questions..... maybe.........

I would like to ask a few questions but do not want to offend anyone....... so I want to ask permission to ask a few questions FIRST......

Knowing that (hanging my head in shame) I have not read any of the TS or F2M parts of the site........

So the questions might be obvious.. but this just sparked a whole lot of thought... and questions.

That does not mean that I think the F2M's have it easier...

Kris

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris GG View Post
    I would like to ask a few questions but do not want to offend anyone....... so I want to ask permission to ask a few questions FIRST......

Knowing that (hanging my head in shame) I have not read any of the TS or F2M parts of the site........

So the questions might be obvious.. but this just sparked a whole lot of thought... and questions.

That does not mean that I think the F2M's have it easier...

Kris
    if you have questions then please come over to our side and ask we are very approachable and would not be offended, rather than assumptions like this happening again

They're so approachable you have to ask them if they will be offended if you ask a question.

HAHA

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie York View Post
    They're so approachable you have to ask them if they will be offended if you ask a question.

HAHA

HAHA
    Don't be so obnoxious
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

HAHA
    Julie,

LMAO.. you are out to make me feel stupid these days, aren'tcha? LMAO

Kris

HAHA
    How can you expect ANYONE to be approachable, when they're approached with the equivalent of a slap to the face? Try it some day... walk around asking people questions that will clearly offend them, or doing something else that will obviously be offensive, and see how many positive responses you get.

Jesus, use a little fu**ing common sense Julie, and get off your high horse.

Do you not see that someone who has no problem or objections or anything with the FtM has to ASK if they can post a ****ing question?
    No-one has to ask permission, but if it's rude, people will say something. That's perfectly reasonable.

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    Nature of the beast my dear...we just aren't meant to look all girlie girl with out some major help...

...but with that said you don't live in this area...even the gay/lesbian community have a hard time being accepted...can you think what we m2f and f2m deal with here...perhaps that is the reason I have yet to meet any one of either gender that my wife and I can socially meet...

Soccer Mom Extraordinaire Dee Talbot's Avatar

Missy
    Sure they have it easy!!! I mean clearly, read a few posts in the Transmen forum and you will see what a breeze it is for these gentlemen

Or, you could ask Brandon Teena how easy it is!!!! Yeah!!!! Oh, wait....that's right...he's dead because of intolerance.

Sorry to be bitchy. It must be a woman thing

Dee

Edit**** Well Crap!!! There I was posting "on-topic" and being a good gg, without reading the whole thread. Come to find out, you are all having a slumber party and I crashed it LOL!!!!!
    Last edited by Dee Talbot; 08-30-2007 at 09:48 PM. Reason: cuz I felt like it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When life gives you a crossdresser, screw the lemonade.......grab your bags and go shopping!!

Slumber Party

It's okay Dee...

A few and we will getcha all loosened up.

Kris
    [SIZE="3"]
    I'm BACK..... I miss you all so much!!
    [/SIZE]