Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One more step - 17 yo daughter

Smile One more step - 17 yo daughter

I just had 'the' conversation with my seventeen year old daughter.

Background - 7 kids ages 13-21, 21 yo and 16 yo daughters know about my crossdressing for 2 and 1 years respectively, , the others do not. We (Louise and I) have been talking about the information roll out process. The 17 yo was next on the list.

Synopsis: "You know I dress quirky sometimes - earrings, nail polish, purple t-shirt... it is time for you to know the whole story so you don't come to invalid conclusions ... Well you know there is Male and Female, but there is more in between. Between my ears I am in between .... I am transgendered, I crossdress .. I have no "Male label" clothes.... I've been this way all my life....."

She didn't flinch. Cool as a cucumber.
    "Wow... It mush have been hard to live like that ... I like purple on guys ... I knew you dressed quirky but I figured it was just you (damn she figured out what I have spent years trying to figure out). ... I'm glad you told me ..."

The only eye-roll I got was her disdain for the narrow-mindedness of other people.

Yes, it went as I expected, I am happy to say. One more milestone.
    Carin

I have gone on a journey in search if myself. If you find me before I return, please hold on to me until I get back.
    Telling our Children

hip hip hurray...kudo's carin...sounds like you are very lucky and probably have another shopping buddy

Lora

All I want is a world somewhere, a place to wear pretty underwear
    A dress, some makeup, hose and heels
    OH wouldn't it be loverly

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"---Helen Keller

Carin, was there ever any doubt? You and Louise have done a great job raising those kids. You should both be very proud. Congratulations.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

I think kids these days are more tollerant My 13yr old saw Tam dressed.. she just went into a fit of giggles, but she wasn't bothered by it at all. She see's Tam in fluffy slippers, nail polish etc... sometimes mascara... she just says Tam is a bit weird lol!!!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

GypsyKaren
    I'm so happy for you Carin, that's sure one wonderful daughter you've got there!

Karen Starlene

Wow - what a huge step to take and she took it so well. Hugs to all of you!

Redhead Ready to Rock Bobbie cd's Avatar
    Congrats, Carin. I'm not surprised that she took it so well.
    As many of the others here have noted, you and Louise have done a terrific job in raising your kids. I wish you continued success and happiness on this front!

Bobbie
    Live in the Present.
    Forgive the Past.

Fantastic, that's great that she is cool about it. I'm happy for you....BJ

That is really super news Carin - I'm so happy for you and Louise! It sounds as though Louise and you have raised a very fine, loving, and intelligent family - Congratulations.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.
    Congrats..

I may just print this up and rehearse for when one of my frequent slips lately leads to questions.
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

Gald it went well. Just watch for clothes going missing now
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Congratulations! I know how nice it can be when all goes according to plan. She sounds like a lovely girl.
    Sally

One more step - 17 yo daughter

Congrats. sounds as though you have done a great job with the kids,why not sit them all down and explain it to the rest,3 down and 4 to go ,open the whole thing up for a family discussion. Just food for thought. by the way
    kids talk amongst them selves they might already know.

Veronica

Lingerie is the poetry in a womans closet.

girl next door
    As the others have said, I'm verrry happy for you, but not surprised at all. Continued best wishes to you and your family Carin. xoxo Tammi
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

I like the classy look phyllis47's Avatar

great news

This gives me hope...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dressing as a women is the most fun.

Love: Phyllis

Congrad's

Bet the other go as smooth

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Awesome news Carin! Do you mind if I do a little plagiarism? Marla has a 17 year old son and we have been thinking about telling him about me .... soon. We haven't done it yet but I love what you said to your daughter, and I think I'd like to steal it if you don't mind and say something similar to Marla's son. It worked out good for you, maybe it will be the same for me too
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraTalbot View Post
    Congrats..

I may just print this up and rehearse for when one of my frequent slips lately leads to questions.
    Or be proactive. Tell them before their imagination misconstrues reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Gald it went well. Just watch for clothes going missing now
    That was one of the things that prompted telling the 16 YO last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica E. Scott View Post
    Congrats. sounds as though you have done a great job with the kids,why not sit them all down and explain it to the rest,3 down and 4 to go ,open the whole thing up for a family discussion. Just food for thought. by the way kids talk amongst them selves they might already know.
    All in due course. Each one is different. They need to be ready to hear it, and hear it in their own space. The remaining 4 are boys, they have a different mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    Awesome news Carin! Do you mind if I do a little plagiarism? Marla has a 17 year old son and we have been thinking about telling him about me .... soon. We haven't done it yet but I love what you said to your daughter, and I think I'd like to steal it if you don't mind and say something similar to Marla's son. It worked out good for you, maybe it will be the same for me too
    Be my guest and good luck. Let us know how it goes.
    Carin

I have gone on a journey in search if myself. If you find me before I return, please hold on to me until I get back.
    Telling our Children

It is your children, through your teaching, that will open up the world to greater tolerance, understanding, and compassion. Thank you. Thank all of you.
    Last edited by Mary Morgan; 09-03-2007 at 02:56 AM.

we do have a remarkable family...

our DD is justone of them. The others will have the conversation with carin in the near future. I have no doubt they will be postive and their relationship with their father will become even more intimate and connected.

Louise.

Your daughter seems like she comes from remarkable stock!

Congratulations!

Morgan
    “Truth Hits Everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by SatinDoll00 View Post
    Your daughter seems like she comes from remarkable stock!

Congratulations!

Morgan
    Actually we can't take credit for that. That particular daughter was adopted from the rough end of "The System" at the age of 10. We will take credit for the extensive work put in to get her where she is now though.
    Carin

Telling our Children

Quote Originally Posted by Carin View Post
    Actually we can't take credit for that. That particular daughter was adopted from the rough end of "The System" at the age of 10. We will take credit for the extensive work put in to get her where she is now though.
    Please then...allow me to amend my statement.

She seems like the product of a fantastic environment.

Morgan
    “Truth Hits Everybody"

I understand how you, feel. I haven't been doing it for as long as others. But i do agree with your daughter, where she says that she wishes it would be permitted more, by our society.
    Then it currently is- I only dress at home, states need to be open to treating us with more respect then i have seen.

Be proud Carin you have some great girls there hun
    Angie