Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stilettos that keep on breaking

Banned Read only
    I wear between size 13 and 14. I have big feet. im of average hight and weight. I have yet to go out en femme. Im tempted to do so next time im in a big city. But from what you all are telling me is that I'm probably not wearing the right size, im not balenced the right way and im not walking in them correctly. Is the larger sized heels harder to walk in im sure there are girls out there who are 6ft blank and weaght over 200lbs who are able to do this.

One way to tell if it's your walk is to look at your regular shoes. It the wear and tear in the heel area is more on one side than the other, you may have a problem.

Now, since you wear large shoes, I'll make a suggestion.

There is a product, an adhesive, that makes a bond stronger than the original material. It's called Cool Chem Cyanopoxy. Expensive, but priceless when needed. Break a heel, repair it. It shouldn't break again.
    DonnaT

As you walk, you may be putting your heel down at too great an angle. It has to be almost (but not quite) vertical. Guys tend to use their heels to pull themselves forward. Girls, I think, tent to keep their weight a little farther forward and therefore push themselves forward.

I have never broken a heel.

That is about the best I can do for a description of the solution.

Happy practicing!

Missy Anne

Small steps, upper thighs almost touching, point your toes down a straight line. Remember a Lady never "strides," she saunters!

Are you breaking your heels in approximately the same place each time? If so, that would certainly offer some indication that you are stressing the shoes.

Peace and Love, Joanie

as fun as stiletto's are and as much as none of us could live without them if your new to walking in heels maybe something to look at is a wedge heel. they make some very very cute and sexy wedge heels. those my dear are basically impossible to break!!!
    love alwaysssssss cori!! MUAH!

Banned Read only
    Is there anysites that show or tell how to walk in stiletos?

DonnaT

Intolerant of intolerance Blonde's Avatar
    What you need to practice is to walk on your toes.
    When you put your foot down, the toe and heel should touch the ground AT THE SAME TIME. If you are breaking your heels, it is because you are putting your foot down heel first. (which is a common way for a man to walk)

Oh and another thing, shorten your gate. When walking in high heels, there should be no more than one (1) foot length between your feet, any more than that and you risk coming down on your heels first.

Best practice is heel to toe.
    Last edited by Blonde; 09-06-2007 at 01:02 PM.
    I am intolerant of those who are intolerant

Quote Originally Posted by Dita_B View Post
    In the movie "Kinky Boots" they address the problem of CD's walking on women's heels.

They talk about a metal shank built into the shoe that strengthened the shoe for the extra stress it has to take when a man walks on them...

A company called Hay Way in the Uk make shoes with that extra strength bit in them because they are made for Cds. Nice shoes too and great service but a little pricey.

I buy most of my shoes at Payless shoes and have never broken a heel yet. I don't walk down the street in them so that may be part of it but none have broken.

I've got 15 pairs of heel 3 to 4inchs all different brand and never broke one maybe it the way you walk hun
    Angie

More is better

Quote Originally Posted by Becky10 View Post
    What more reason to go and buy more shoes (tights, bras, skirts....)!!

Becky
    Come on now ladies lets say it togeather .....CHARGE IT.........charlie....

Banned Read only
    well I'm going to put my worth in here. I'm 6'2" 180Lbs and wear 3-4" heels and haven't broke but one in the past 10 years, but thats b/c I was being stupid. I agree w/alot of the others, PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!! The way I learned was watching how other woman walked in them and practiced. As much as I would Love to put on a pair of Stilleto's I won't do it b/c I know thats out of my league. But just listen to the other grls in here and use their advice. Best of luck to you.

Mya

My SO and I wear the same size shoe, lucky me, so our heels get a lot of use. I never broke one but she has, we get all our heels from newportnews.com. We sent the broken pair back, they were about 2 years old and they sent a new pair. Maybe you should try to exchange them.