Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why no pics???

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Lady Marsea View Post
    I also notice that there aren't many pics. As for myself I decided back in April I was coming out and pulled the plug. I have a digital camera and using the attachment (paper clip thingie icon at top of this box) I can go right to my pictures. Problem is the size alloted here, mine are all sooo big the site won't accept them, so I spend like waaay too much time in photo shop 20 cropping and shrinking. I was scared in April to wear most girl things much less put pics on the internet. Now I dress everyday and go out in the world and I'll post pics with no hesitation, it's just the size that's killing me here LOL.. The only thing I have not worn and will someday is a skirt...as soon as my tummy gets more gone LOL. I give up. The one I wanted to post and have croped to the very edge of me is 349 KB (357,544 bytes). Maybe someone knows how to shrink a pic in my pictures and put the shrunk version back there to be able to get it back for here.
    Rather than cropping the picture, you can simply re-size the picture. Simply I mean if you have a program to do so. Dee uses a full version of adobe, and I have a little sub-utility that is built into the software I use for my profession. I know there are cheap or free utilities that can do this, possibly even using ms paint or something in the standard suite you usually get with you computer.

What these do is just change the way the file is saved. retaining the picture, but telling it how to display the picture by number of pixels per inch, and the actual size of the picture itself. You can take a huge picture and shrink it to avatar size, or even blow one up, but blown up it gets grainy, shrunken it loses some detail.
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

Thanks Barbara, I'm about half good at computer, picture sizing is the wrong half LOL. I'll go play in paint and see what happens.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 09-17-2007 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Fixing boo boo - you still didn't fix it... tis now :p

Aspiring lady of leisure kay_jessica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Fallon View Post
    Soooo... why not show those pretty smiles??? ..........

Veronica
    I've posted many here before, but here are a few more recent ones. This one was taken at the famous Pink Punter club in Milton Keynes.
    PPs in August copy.JPG

And this is one taken on a separate occasion, after we attended the Miss Lady Like competition in a public park in Milton Keynes. This is me with lovely Holly Amis (Miss Sparkle 2007) at Pink Punters that evening.

Holly and Kay.JPG

And of course there is always my hotornot pic

http://hotornot.com/r/?eid=RSEUEMO-ENY

Hugs

Kay

Platinum Member
    good to see you and the lovely Holly, kay

Aspiring lady of leisure kay_jessica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    good to see you and the lovely Holly, kay
    Thanks Kieron, just shows that I'm not "A figment of my imagination"........

Hugs

Kay

No pictures from me for several reasons...don't pass, worried about discovery and don't feelm that I look very good. Other than that, I'll be posting any day now! (Note I've been here awhile)
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kay_jessica View Post
    Thanks Kieron, just shows that I'm not "A figment of my imagination"........

Hugs

Kay
    lol Kay i knew you weren't a figment of your imagination or mine , especially if you are hanging round with Miss Amis

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Is it a lack of a digital camera or scanner?
    I've got 3 digital P&S and 2 DSLR so no.

Or is it simply the fear of being outed?
    The world and his dog know that I'm TG so no.

Or is it something else?
    By a process of elimination, the answer is yes.

Let me ask you a question this time: why would I even want to post a photo of me here?
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaJaneThomas View Post
    Let me ask you a question this time: why would I even want to post a photo of me here?
    cos some of us are nosey and want to see who we are posting to lol

Emerging butterfly...
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaJaneThomas View Post

Hi Paula,

To avoid repetition please see my reply to this thread...

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=67129

...that explains why I chose to post my picture here. I couldn't say why anyone else would want to.

Hugz,

Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    My reason for not posting a photo is simple, i haven,t got a digital camera!! I did post a photo on my avatar for a while, but it was an old photo that i rephotgraphed with my camera/phone and the quality was rubbish!! :
    Pic in avatar!!! I rest my case

Posting an avatar and a photo in the picture and video gallery were major milestones for me. I have a lot of photos but virtually none that I would even consider posting. Guess I will have to get back to the camera!

I thought all us girls were as vain and narcissistic as I am! Every opportunity I get now, I'm taking pics or having pics taken of me and I can't wait to get them posted so that you girls can tell me how fantastic I look!

The problem I often have is that folks are lazy in passing them on - still waiting for the theatre trip pics, the pro shoot i had done by an 'admirer' and the ones we took at lanhydrock house recently! Then there is the problem of reducing them, ok now i know what i'm doing but time consuming if you have limited time at the computer

Mitch

I confess to being computer challenged when it comes to digitals. I have some in an email but not sure how to 'extract' one, for example, put it 'somewhere' that I can then attach it so as to send it to Crossdressers.com. If there is some really easy to understand means, I would love to hear it. thanks, Helen

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    cos some of us are nosey and want to see who we are posting to lol
    Hang on I thought you were temporarily banned until you get back It's lovely and quite here in England ATM
    Best Wishes

Paula

- Tony Hancock

I couldn't say why anyone else would want to.
    But understanding that is the key to understanding why some don't post photos.
    Best Wishes

Paula

- Tony Hancock

I'm shy...
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

No Pics

I don't own a Digital camera and I am a computer klutz. & Maureen Welch - Klutzie but, Gorgeous Afro - Celtic Goddess
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 09-18-2007 at 02:53 AM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

at the moment, its because I don't have a camera with a timer on it, so all the pics I take must be in a mirror, or at some weird angle, which always looks strange. Plus, I don't have a really good complete outfit now.

Technically incompetent and would have to "out" myself to get it done. Plus some of you girsl are WOW!

i don't mind looking like a boy, shrug.

100% spoiled brat christina marie's Avatar
    is in the contract, no pics anywhere she might find them. she knows i hang out here, and is much more proficient on puter than me. not worth the risk. sorry, but until contract is renegotiated, you'll just have to use your imagination!
    "you can have this nail file when you pry it from my cold ,dead hands."

I guess one reason I haven't posted a photo of myself is because I was worried that I would be "outed" by some lurker who recognized me. But I don't really put much creedence in that anymore.

Another reason was that I have never had anything resembling a decent enough photo of me to consider posting it. But somehow I have tricked my camera enough to have it produce a photo that is close to being acceptable.

Beyond that, I guess there isn't any real reason for me to continue resisting posting a photo. Maybe I will change my avatar pic, if I get around to it. Someday.

I've posted several, and I don't mind. I am another who recommends the use of photobucket.com as a good vehicle for uploading your images and putting on the web. As far as cheap programs to manipulate digital photos, you can go to irfanview.com and download the free software to do just that. I used a purchased program called PhotoElf and it works nicely and is a lot easier and more "newbie friendly" than PhotoShop. You can crop, resize and do some basic corrections to your pictures with it. For everyday web use it's a neat little program. I forget the cost, perhaps around $35 but I've used it for years and recommend it.

Suzie