Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dress up or Dress down?

When I go out I always wear either a dress or skirt and blouse and always with pantyhose. I know I don't blend in as well as if I was in a blouse and jeans but love being a feminine woman.

I do both. In fact right now I'm sitting here in a comfy pair of women's stretch jeans and a casual top. I don't tend to think of crossdressing as a "shock value activity" since for me it's more of spending my day like a normal woman would. Sometimes it's a skirt and sweater or a dress if the occasion warrants, other times jeans or shorts or a skort. We all have our own reasons for dressing and I'm not one to criticize how another girl likes her clothes, hairstyle, makeup, shoes, or accessories. Let's just be sisters and like real sisters, no two of us are the same.

It's all good, girls...

That Cute New Member KendallM2F86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzie Green View Post
    I do both. In fact right now I'm sitting here in a comfy pair of women's stretch jeans and a casual top. I don't tend to think of crossdressing as a "shock value activity" since for me it's more of spending my day like a normal woman would. Sometimes it's a skirt and sweater or a dress if the occasion warrants, other times jeans or shorts or a skort. We all have our own reasons for dressing and I'm not one to criticize how another girl likes her clothes, hairstyle, makeup, shoes, or accessories. Let's just be sisters and like real sisters, no two of us are the same.

It's all good, girls...
    i luv ur out look on dressing. That is the same outlook that keeps me going out in the public ya know. Cuz ya know, sum places like here, u dress 2 sexy, u will stick out like a sore thumb But, yup. I most generally like to spend my day like a normal girl would.
    ~*Kendall*~

Depends on the outdoor temperature (if it's warm a casual skirt or shorts, if it's cool a skirt suit)

Banned Read only
    Dresses mostly, I do have some casual day dresses and skirts and a few pairs of shorts but no slacks. I always wear heels when dressed. I don't even own a pair of flats.

My opportunities to dress are limited in length of time and frequency - and I don't go out dressed. I like to use those rare times to experience feminine clothes, skirts, dresses stockings, heels, etc. Probably if I could dress for long periods frequently and go out, I would choose sometimes to be more casual - but still in a feminine way.

Quote Originally Posted by KendallM2F86 View Post
    How many of u girls dress casual (sum blue jeans and a top; sandals, etc.) or do u get all dressed up in elegent dresses with heels?
    I am a huge fan of short skirtsuits&silk blouse/w pantyhose&heels

I dress like a tart!! Coz that,s what i am!!

Most of the time I dress casual, which can include skirts, capris, shorts, jeans(sorry Karren) and a nice blouse. But, sometimes, 'dress to the nines' for a night on the town.
    No closet is big enough!

I usually like to get dressed to the max, but since the son and daughter in law have moved back in with me I find that I dress in jeans and a baggy shirt or sweater for quick reversal to drab when their friends show up unexpectedly. They are cool with me so I get to wear my wig, forms and pumps around them, but a sudden knock on the door requires quick removal of everything but the bra.

I'm a dress and heels girl. As Karren pointed out, why wear jeans in girl mode? They are guy mode pants.

Wearing fem jeans in guy mode is not an option for me.

Jenny

It really depends both on how I feel as well as the circumstances. If I dress for myself it will be in a skirt & top, if I dress for my wife she prefers me to be in jeans/slacks with a long sleeve top and a low heel or flats.

Like Paula it depends on the current mood. Sometimes I'll toss on snug shorts and a comfy T-shirt over my bra. Most of the time I choose semi-dressy clothes. I don't like things that are too glitzy. Soft plain dresses or a skirt and top are my favorites. I didn't always have hose and heels, but now that I do I enjoy them every chance I get.

it's 50 / 50 for me most of the summer time i am in skirts , flip flops t-shirts and in winter time blue jeans long sleeve turtle neck tops . i dress up when the need arises
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Depends on where I'm going. If it's church or a party, it's dress up. If it's going to the grocery store, it's dress casual.

Intolerant of intolerance Blonde's Avatar
    It depends on my mood at the time.... most times it's casual, but always with heels.
    I am intolerant of those who are intolerant

Dress up or dress down

Has to be femminine smart or casual dresses or skirts/blouses showing hosed legs with heels
    Last edited by Claire3; 09-22-2007 at 12:16 AM. Reason: incorrect spelling
    Claire en femme,smart,casual and sexy!

Always to the nines! Except on rare occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Raychel View Post
    I ahve to aggree with Karen on this. What is the since of dressing if you are putting on Blue Jeans.

Elegant Dresses and the nicest heels for me.
    I guess I can disagree. Why can't feminine jeans be considered 'dressing'? I don't wear plain feminine jeans, most have embroidery stitching or designs on them, invoking they are truly female!
    I dress for the occasion, overall. I'm pretty much casual, but my casual often includes shiny hose with shorts or denim skirt and a fashionable top. If I'm going clubbing or to an elegant affair, I will dress up elegantly.
    Just Be Yourself

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you like oldies radio, check out http://www.thehop-radio.com and hear me LIVE ! Play lots of free games or join our shoutbox chat while you listen too!

Depends on where I'm going and what I'll be doing. It could be jeans or a skirt. But always with a nice blouse, make-up, wig and all the appropiate under things especially nice hose. Love the feel of nylon on my legs. Which of course I keep shaved.

Banned Read only

First Elegant Dress For Me

I have never dress casual or elegant I am always in mimi skirts and shorts
    tops you know the tramp look, but tonight I am going to a private dinner party in Los Angeles and for the first time Cindy will be dress elegant.

It took Cindy two weeks of shopping to find the right dress and this is the only elegant dress I have, I do hope all goes well for me tonight at the party.

LA CINDY LOVE

casual look

when im out and about, myself or with my wife then its casual, fem jeans or trousers, casual top and some nice undies, but inside then its different, skirts tops and dresses. that is our boundaries and im more than happy to stick by them

Usually slacks and a nice blouse or maybe add a suit coat when shopping durring the week. As for weekends, I have to have my nice dress or skirts for clubbing.

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    Always have dressed up as much as possible, a nice business suit for my evening office job and dresses all of the other time. I don't even own a pair of womans slacks or jeans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

My dresses aren't very elegant either. I prefer basic A-line type outfits and I love wearing skirts and nice blouses. I love wearing heels and pantyhose too but since I tried my first pair of lace top stockings I'd like to buy a few more in the future!
    -Audrey