Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Things you collect....(for everyone to answer)

I have just started collecting (well, for the past year) things to do with horse racing.. plus the race-cards for all the horse racing meetings that i go to.

I also have a lot of books, mainly biography styles ones, real life stuff y'know (im not too big when it comes to fiction)

I also collect old VHS tapes.(mainly coz they are easy to find and cheap..i think its more of a hoarding problem that tho! lol)

Im also beginning to think i collect sneakers as i seem to have a quickly growing pile! My favourites are my soap shoes, y'know the ones with a grind plate one the bottem..
    [SIZE="2"]Life is so strange
    When you don't know
    How can you tell
    Where you're going to
    You can't be sure
    Of any situation
    Something can change
    Then you won't know
    You ask yourself
    Where do we go from here
    It seems so all too near
    Just as far beyond as I can see
    I still don't know what this all means to me
    [/SIZE]

smashing pumpkins - Destination Unknown

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    At ten years old I saw a new Jaguar E type and have been in love ever since. I have maybe 200 models now of E types, from 1/2" long to large ceramic cookie jars. One made out of leather, one made out of a lump of coal, some have remote controls, some are slot cars, many are in original sales containers and bubbles. Then there's the lifesize one in the garage.

That spilled over into repair manuals and sales literature for the E types.

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

Does female clothing count?

OK....Was an autograph collector when younger as well as soccer /sports programs and now tickets form events that I've been to which I frame.
    Hugs,

Christi

At times I have collected other items, but I will only list the collections I have in my possession: Anniversary clocks from all over the world, straight razors from around the world, firearms, both hand and long guns, shaving mugs, shaving brushes, travel mirrors for shaving, I had a large collection of railroad watches, but passed them on to the kids. I still have a few pocket watches here, 35mm cameras and lens, old hand tools, handsaws, Walt Disney character watches....M Mouse, D Duck, Pluto, etc. 8 day clocks.....Sessions, Ingraham etc. pocket knives, many western items...books, pictures, lunch boxes, etc. Yes, we have wall units in every room full of stuff. No need to ask now.... where do I keep all that stuff? By the way... I'm still looking to buy any of the above listed items, as I have room for one moooore wall unit.
    Amy

Wants red cocktail dress! nikki_t's Avatar
    Shot glasses - and I use 'em too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marla S View Post
    Things related to the history of sugar.
    Sweet, isn't it
    Marla... that is a really really really unusual hobby!! But thanks for explaining why!

-

Books are a big thing at my house, also pig paraphernalia. Yep, I used to be a Hog Farmer. Registered Boars. Nothing like porcine perfection. Pictures, calenders, carvings, even have a pig light switch, pig house slippers, and a pig doorstop.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Albtraum View Post
    Books are a big thing at my house, also pig paraphernalia. Yep, I used to be a Hog Farmer. Registered Boars. Nothing like porcine perfection. Pictures, calenders, carvings, even have a pig light switch, pig house slippers, and a pig doorstop.
    pig obsession eh

For some reason, I am a collector of penguins...not real ones....I have penguin candles, music boxes, stuffed ones. My favorite is a penguin necklace. The most special penguin is a dollar store foam penguin bought for me by my late mom.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Wargames, the printed ones, with hexgrid maps, and cardboard counters. I have been a military history buff, all my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Ann Brown View Post
    At ten years old I saw a new Jaguar E type and have been in love ever since. I have maybe 200 models now of E types, from 1/2" long to large ceramic cookie jars. One made out of leather, one made out of a lump of coal, some have remote controls, some are slot cars, many are in original sales containers and bubbles. Then there's the lifesize one in the garage.

That spilled over into repair manuals and sales literature for the E types.

Emily Ann
    Jaguars.. my grandad always use to drive a Jag, he still does...(well my gran does b/c he has gone blind) think its the S-type now.. he bought her a gold one for their golden wedding anniversary
    Lovely car, comfortable and efficient.. and the way it sets all the seating and stearing wheel etc to move into the right place when you get in ..
    [SIZE="2"]Life is so strange
    When you don't know
    How can you tell
    Where you're going to
    You can't be sure
    Of any situation
    Something can change
    Then you won't know
    You ask yourself
    Where do we go from here
    It seems so all too near
    Just as far beyond as I can see
    I still don't know what this all means to me
    [/SIZE]

smashing pumpkins - Destination Unknown

I used to collect hockey cards. I got peeved off at how expensive they got and how often doubles started to appear in packs so I quit. I have a decent collection of cards from the 90's and a small bunch from the 70's and some stuff from the 80's. I wish I had the cards that I owned when I was a kid.

I have a pretty decent music collection that includes vinyl, cassettes and CDs.

I'm also big with books. Love books! The only books I get rid of are the novels that I don't like. I could use a library and a hot librarian.

I also collect fantasy figures, especially dragons and got into buying some of the dragons from the McFarlanes Dragon series.
    Last edited by Ðarissa; 10-27-2007 at 03:36 PM.
    Weeeeeeee

I'm into collecting caps from different trucks to tools and i collect truck collectables,i must have close to 200 or so, some are valued closed to 200.00, some less, some more.
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.

Stamps. Yeah, I'm a geek.

Full size, stand-up classic arcade games.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Can't pass up an opportunity to talk about my obsessions.

I collect Comic Books... I have millions of dollars worth of comic books that I can't find room for anymore. I also make and collect costumes and props i.e. wigs, which I have 20 of.
    Two monks were watching a flag flapping in the wind. One said to the other, "The flag is moving."
    The other replied, "The wind is moving."
    Huineng overheard this. He said, "Not the flag, not the wind; mind is moving."

I collect coins and... um... Pokemon cards still. The coin collection was passed down from my dad and I've been continuing it. He gave his stamp collection to my brother. I probably would have got that too if he had known my brother wasn't going to care for it and destroy it.

I know there's more crap... Hold on...
    Oh yeah, I have a few classical music CD's. Probably gonna start up a collection with those too. Then comic books once I move out. I love comics.

I collect WAY too many things! I'm getting ready to E-bay some of them, like my Star Wars figures from the Phantom Menace. I have a few from the 1977 to 83 period, but they're not complete, just the figure.
    Lately, I've started collecting the figures from the Pirates movies, why, I don't know, but they look cool!
    My long term collectables are bayonets, model railroad stuff, though that's more of a hobby then a collection, fossils, older guns, American and Canadian pennies, family geneology information and photos, and certain train and gun books.
    I still have my collection of airplane models that I built a long time ago, but I'm not sure I want to look in the boxes to see if they're broken.
    "I see your true colors shining through, your true colors, and that's why I love you,
    so don't be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow"

"Without change,something sleeps deep inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken!"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissy Kay View Post
    Wargames, the printed ones, with hexgrid maps, and cardboard counters. I have been a military history buff, all my life.
    Ahhhhhhhh yes, Avalon Hills ASL is my favorite, though I'm not very good at it yet. Ive got several others in civil war, and modern.

My main collecting is in Film Scores (the orchestral kind), and for 30 years I've done quite well. If its out there I probably have it

12 Adventure Team G.I Joes, I have 4 originals, the team HQ, vehicles, and modified things I've created to fill in the gaps. I have several of the CY-Girl figures as well.
    Lastly I collect sounds and sound effects to add to my synthesizer library for film scoring.

it never ends ...
    *hugs*

Zara

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Can't pass up an opportunity to talk about my obsessions.

I collect Comic Books... I have millions of dollars worth of comic books that I can't find room for anymore. I also make and collect costumes and props i.e. wigs, which I have 20 of.
    Ahhhh that reminds me I also collect comics but mainly those dedicated to Conan and other Robert E Howard characters. I have a big collection of Savage Sword of Conan comics and Conan the Barbarian plus Red Sonja and Kull comics. It really sucked when Marvel dropped Savage Sword and it still ticks me off. I haven't bought a comic in years now. Thing is, I really liked the oldschool magazine sized comics like Eerie, Creepy, Vampirella, Epic and 1994.... ooh and Heavy Metal. I have a bunch of those comic mags tucked away. Too bad they don't seem to make anything like that anymore.... except for Heavy Metal.
    Weeeeeeee

Swords and blades

Sci-fi memorabilia (mostly Star Wars and Star Trek)

Role playing game books

Metal miniatures
    --Kat

"I never kept up with the fashions. I believed in wearing what I thought looked good on me." --Bettie Page

"This above all--to thine own self be true" --Hamlet, Act I, scene iii

Is Disney a Mickey Mouse operation?

I collect records, music stubs, flyers, paper zines, books, movies.

I'd say clothes too considering I have 2 closets full of coats, jeans, shirts...etc. I'm big on certain prints and colors. Total fashion ***** I am.
    "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."- Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter View Post
    Daffy Duck Items. My alter ego if you will. Bad tempered wise ass. loL

One of his best lines: "I don't like pain, it hurts me."