Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One "you" or two?

Banned Read only
    I am one person with a wide spectrum. It is only the clothing that changes.
    Jodie

Hi DD - I feel there's just 'one' of me and would never refer to my female side as someone else.

To be honest I feel I'm Suzy even in boy mode and so only feel complete when I'm as Suzy. Basically I've never felt too comfortable in 'boy mode' especially around guys - it's difficult to explain. You're probably as confused as I am now !

Quote Originally Posted by Sheri 4242 View Post
    If you were, in part or in whole, addressing any part of what I posted earlier, what I did say was that the viewpoint I was presenting was my opinion and how I sincerely and deeply feel.
    Hi Sheri

No I was not referring to your post, my thoughts were entirely my own and something which I have actually said a few times previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Chantelle CD View Post
    I do i guess because when dressed, i feel altogether different, a different focus of energy's, and feeling, even though there the same person, my views are the same, the way i treat others is the same, my outlook on life is the same, but i feel so totally different. My mannerisms are different, the way i move is different, the way i focus my feelings is different, the way i project myself is totally different.
    A good description. I have an analogy for GGs. If you were packed off to army camp and you had your head shaved and had to wear army fatigues, would you not feel different? Even though you were the same person, the fact that you were now in a specific type of uniform which you knew required a certain behavior, you would already be feeling more masculine and aggressive and would be standing to attention and saluting even if your training had not yet started.

Uniforms provide important information on how people are expected to behave. And if you find yourself in an identifiable uniform then you automatically begin to mimic the expected behavior without being asked. Essentially for a CD, female clothes are a uniform which, once put on, requires a different set of mannerisms. For the CD of course this is a release, not to have to be masculine 24/7 anymore but finally the CD can explore and enjoy feminine qualities.

Emerging butterfly...
    The dichotomy between my feminine & masculine sides feels like a "liquid" kinda thing. I can feel 100% of either at different times, or anywhere in between. It's often dependent on whatever external variances are happening at any given time. Other times the dominant feeling is derived from some unknown inner place. I usually feel much more feminine than masculine, but sometimes I'm all male too. I also usually prefer feeling more feminine, & if I had to choose, I'd be a woman permanently, but I really do love being both. I love the individual gender times, and the blended feelings that seem to flow more naturally through me as time goes on.

If I occasionally refer to "Whats-er-name" in the 3rd person, it's merely for simplicity in communication- "Veronica" this or that, instead of "Me as a woman" this or that, or "Me as a man", etc.

Hugz,

Veronica

I am definitely only one person. albeit one person with a few hidden surprises. I didn't even have a femme name for myself until I came here!

I am just a "One" myself, I am who I come across as, warts and all, whether in drab or dressed
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Quote Originally Posted by Satrana View Post

Uniforms provide important information on how people are expected to behave. And if you find yourself in an identifiable uniform then you automatically begin to mimic the expected behavior without being asked.
    Ah ha, and so this begs the question, I love this..

What would you all act like if this world had no clothes? I would bet many would be a wonderful combination of masculine strengths and feminine sensitivity. I could quickly get excited about this because I personally think this would resolve many of the world's issues! I'm gonig off on a tangent here..

I do realise, of course, there is an element of fun to dressing/feeling different in a significant way, something that probably feels like a rush of energy.

The military analogy is one I brought up in our family as an oposite extreme to depict a point. I hear you. I guess my feelings on it are that I wish even a person in uniform could feel the absolute freedom to be soft and sensitive, without feeling like there's a role that goes with the clothes. With this, those feminine men that wish to be themselves wouldn't necessarily feel 'different' but just be uniquely themselves

Sounds like sometimes as one gets more comfortable with their feminine characteristics, the third person disolves (except for simplicity of terms like someone said), unless it is the thrill of the dress-up and alter ego.

No one explanation to cover everyone, that's for sure!
    Last edited by Dita's Daughter; 09-26-2007 at 01:37 PM.

One person here, with two ways of expressing my gender..as a male and a female. I *never* refer to myself in the third person..inside it is the same me, all the way to the middle, whether dressed femme or not.

we are one

There's just boring old Marissa I'm afraid... nothing special here
    i use to say stuff like well mj likes pink and she is fun to be around ... i guess it takes time to merge in to one
    but she does not do that anymore
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm definitely one person. I don't think I've ever referred to myself as "she' or "her", at least not knowingly. And this applies even when I have to be in the male mode.
    Kisses, Linda

Just me, nobody else hiding in here.

I am always in female mode even when not dressed so there is only one me and "she" is all "she".
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

Just one person???

Something to think about here.....

If one is mad, you are an angry person, until you smile and become a happy person, then you see a friend get hurt, and you become a sad person, then you cheer them up, and you become a joyous person. Then when you go home, you get dressed and feel feminine, and you become a woman, change back and you feel masculine, and you become a man.

I just showed 6 different types of resonance. The amount of alter egos that exist are limited only by how many energies one can feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dita's Daughter View Post

What would you all act like if this world had no clothes?
    A good question. Are there crossdressers in jungle tribes who wear no clothes?

I guess my feelings on it are that I wish even a person in uniform could feel the absolute freedom to be soft and sensitive, without feeling like there's a role that goes with the clothes.
    That is a good explanation about what crossdressers are really all about. They do not believe they are women (that would make them transsexual) rather they are attracted to the role women play. The reason for this is that men are totally prohibited from expressing feminine qualities so CDs get around this by playing the role of a woman. Only then are they free to explore their other feelings which have been suppressed all their lives. But this opens other doors like escapism and fantasy play which sends the CD down alternative routes.

The horrible thing is that it does not have to be this way. If you look at how tomboys behave it is clear that you should be able to display masculine and feminine qualities openly without having the need to emulate, wear uniforms, and re-enact fantasies etc. This is the warping effect the guilt induced closet lifestyle has on CDs.

It's just me now, especially now that I've accepted this side of me, no longer do I feel guilty about it, so it's been much easier to accept what I used to refer to my 'other side' of my personality. So now it's just me, Darcy

Well for me Marci is still me .

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    Hi DD,

I can only speak for myself, but I just can't get my head around being anything else but the one person I am. OK, I am a fairly girly guy in boy mode so I guess I don't differentiate between being in boy mode and being en femme that much (at least not in my head) so when I'm en femme or at work I am still me, it's just that I am feeling slightly different things about how I perceive myself (feeling either more or less feminine) ..... but I am still the same person - me!

My wife Marla and I made a promise to one another that when I was dressed I wouldn't "become someone else" ... there is no third person in our marriage. For us, it's worked out really well and whilst she doesn't call me Rachel in boy mode or anything (she calls me Angel) she does treat me the same whether I'm in boy mode or girl mode ... namely, she's very loving toward me. I should mention that my wife likes a feminine man and encourages me to express my feminine side in male mode quite a lot so it's easy for me to integrate the two sides into one.
    Absolutely agree! My wife and I refer to my personality as "gender-enhanced" - it is not a disease to be cured, but rather something to be nurtured. Unfortunately, in our society it may need also to be hidden. On many occasions when I am in stealth mode, with or without the undergarments, I feel that I have the advantage of a broader point of view.

I do, however, still sometimes refer to Colleen in the third person (only to my wife, who is the only one who know "her") to let her know, for example, whether I will dress for dinner.

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    Er? I haven't got a clue. Rachael was a name I took from the spine of a book, when I signed up. So there me man and me woman(ish). Or to put it another way me in male clothes and me in female clothes