Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too Hot To Cross Dress?

Too Hot To Cross Dress?

Has anyone experienced the discomfort of trying to dress up when the temperature is too hot and the humidity is too high? Unless you have central air conditioning in your home or apartment, dressing up isnt too much fun when the temperature is around 90 degrees. It makes it difficult to put on a bra! (I snap in the front then slip it around.) It doesn't slip around when you're all hot and clammy and sweaty. Try pulling up pantyhose when you're all sweaty,too. I prefer cooler temperatures when I'm dressing up.
    Looser fitting panties are a welcomed treat when its hot...I'll wear lace boyshorts when it's hot ( more ventilation ) instead of a nylon brief.

I too am from upstate NY. Sometimes a bit uncomfortable but I'm one who dresses fully every day, including PH and makeup. I wouldn't have it any other way. Being a woman, that is.
    Kisses, Linda

Emerging butterfly...
    It's very hard in Florida unless you plan well to stay in air-conditioned spaces. Nothing worse than sweaty panties, boobs, or "make-up trickles"!! I'm ready to be a snow-bunny!!

Melted Hugz,

Veronica

I freaking hate the summer!!! Makes it really hard to dress enfemme and go out. Sometimes here in Atlanta even in the evening its still over 90 degrees. I run to my car as fast as I can and blast the AC in my car. Once I sweat a bit I find my foundation makeup loses that natural glow. So heat is a Tgirls enemy!!!

I guess those than have had laser and are on hormones...don't need all the makeup and wigs do better...but not me! But the good thing is that it is already cooling off here in Georgia. I can even go shopping in the afternoon and not melt.

Yup heat sucks.
    But mascara, nail polish, and some floating clothes do always work.

When it's too hot and I'm clubbing I forgo the wig, put on hold ups rather than tights and go easy on the makeup....so I look like a hairy bloke in a dress but if you can't get away with in a tranny club where can you

Theres no rules saying you HAVE to dress up to the nines all the time...

Just here to make freinds
    I just started wearing a wig and damn if it is not a hot addition to the body - I have been using AC and a fan to cool down - fortunately it is starting to cool down and I am prepared to venture out when the time is right...
    Really enjoying this!!!

Yeah, the heat stinks. Makeup is uncomfortable, your wig feels like a wool winter hat, and for those of us uncomfortable with the look of our upper arms, having to go sleeveless or short-sleeved requires some imagination. Firstly, I make sure I have the a/c on. Then, I go lighter on the makeup, and simply do not wear any kind of hose. I also just dress less often in the summer. When going out, I don't stray from the air conditioned car much. If I do go for a walk, I usually find a shady spot in the local park and read a book. (less movement= less sweat). I also carry tissues in my purse to dab that spot just below my nose that ALWAYS sweats! Needless to say, bodyshapers of any kind are out. I always prefer just a bra and panties, anyway, unless wearing a very shapely dress or something, which ain't gonna happen when it's like an oven out there!

Hugs,

Melissa
    What's the point of instruments, words are a sawed off shotgun-Radiohead

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/melissa.c.keiper

If it is to hot then for me it is just a long loose fitting skirt and nothing else

I set a fan on the bathroom sink to keep cooler when dressing and applying makeup.

A small portable fan carried in the purse also helps a little.
    DonnaT

I agree, the heat can be tough, that's why I stick to skirts, most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by loki_uk View Post
    Theres no rules saying you HAVE to dress up to the nines all the time...
    This reminds me, I saw a news clip of a Gay Pride parade, I think it was from Sydney, AU, and someone was holding a big sign that said:
    "You don't have to act straight, to be Gay".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yea Stacie is not my real
    I love the summer, you just need to dress for the temp. You don't need to wear pantyhose in the summer, And make up, why cake it on.... Summer can be a lot of fun if you know how to dress. Look at what females wear outside when it is hot and just take it from there.

This summer it was mostly just casual for me. Shorts or a skirt and top, light makeup. But the wig sure was hot. It may finally be cooling off. 70 now but was 94 on Monday.
    Keely

One of the Reds

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    I see I share the same heat issue as my fellow New Yorkers (Ithaca here)
    I just cant when it hits a cetian temp. Just wearing the wig causes me to sweat something terrible
    Drumming, My other hobby

Aspiring Member

Hmmm?

I thought the whole point here was that if and when you do crossdress in female clothing in hot weather it was to be more comfortable dressed in skirt's and dresses since they are far more loose clothing and would be much more comfrotable then wearing jeans pants and shirt in really hot weather that is what i would love to be able to do in hot weather i also do advocate skirts dresses for men as well and what you do wear underneath is of your own accord as well me i would go for wearing sipls and half silps underneath and other nice comfortable feminine type underwear as well makes much more sense to me male of\r female why not wear what is comfrotable indeed when are mlaes going to be allowed to dress as they do choose oh well!

Suzy Ann!

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I hate the heat, I hate sweating when en-femme mode. I shelled out $400.00 this summer for a portable AC unit just so I could remain comfortable.

Here in S. Calif. it is rarely a problem. We are so spoiled that when the humidity gets to 47% we bitch. When it is hot it is usually a Santa Anna condition with humidity around 4-6%, thus not a problem to dress. Just keep hydrated.

If it gets in the 85 to 90 range, I either forego CDing or just wear panties, a skirt and blouse. Nothing else.

Karen Sue

Wearing dresses, pantyhose in Hot weather. Nah, give me a break thats not even close to being hot.

Now, take a 95 degree day, wear a pair of long pants, heavy socks over your other pair of socks, a full set of firefighting turnout gear, meaning bunker pants, a heavy coat, nomex hood and gloves, a leather hat, boots you can barely walk in, carrying a scott air pack that weighs 30 lbs on your back, and lugging a water filled hose into a building on fire!

Now thats Hot !!!!

Mistycd
    former Volunteer firefighter
    for 21 years

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Misty,

God bless you and all other firefighters. You really do know heat.

As for my CD activities here in Hotlanta, it just means less clothes!!
    As an insurance salesman, I have to wear wool slacks, dress shirt and tie, and sometimes even a jacket. Can't wait to get home, strip down to my panties (yes, I wear them almost all the time) and get into some comfortable female clothes. That does include a bra! I am originally from the Northwest, so it took a while to get used to the heat and humidity here. Thank Heaven for AC!

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes

I don't like the heat either. When I was 13 years old in 1969 we got 2 window air conditioners put in our house and me and my brother and sister were just in heaven. Since then I've had air conditioning in all but a couple of the places I've lived in. But I still have to forget about dressing until the hot weather is over. Even if you've got air cond. the 90 and 100 degree weather makes the best fem clothes seem yucky and unappealing. So I just tell myself the urge will still be there in Sept.or Oct.which it always is.

Too Hot

This Summer my wigs have made my heard perspire much more than in past years, I have also worn pantyhose less fequently this Summer, just the other day I went out to shop dressed in shorts, but no hose. & Beyonce Welch - Hotter Than Ever
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Silver Member
    Ladies, you are trying to wear too much clothing. Whe the temp goes up, ya gotta dress light. Loose the panthose and bra. A nice light sleeveless top, a light swishy skirt on your bare legs, sandals, a touch of lipstick, and you're good to go.

Summertime can be fun.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

No Pantyhose & Bra !

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    Ladies, you are trying to wear too much clothing. Whe the temp goes up, ya gotta dress light. Loose the panthose and bra. A nice light sleeveless top, a light swishy skirt on your bare legs, sandals, a touch of lipstick, and you're good to go.

Summertime can be fun.

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    I would feel naked - Drink Chardonnay - You Just May Cool Off -Beyonce Welch - Me & My 40 - C &
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Hello October, good-bye heat!I had to cut short an outing last week,because it was too dang hot.I was falling apart.We should have some 60 degree weather here for awhile----perfect for walking around the city.
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"