Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm sooo happy...I got my name changed

I'm sooo happy...I got my name changed

OMG OMG I did it. Today I went and got my name legaly changed. Marsea actually exists in the eyes of the law. I'm just sooo thrilled.
    I decided that since I dress every day and go out every day that I should really be me, so I went down to the local superior court here with the forms I got off the AZ web site. I thought this would be a one or two month thing so was sooo pleasently surprised when told it was a slow day and could be done now. I can tell you how Arizona works for those wondering.
    I went to the AZ superior court website and they have a thing called self help along with down loadable forms as needed. I have a program to fill them out right as a PDF file, print and save to folder for later. I took them to the superior court building here in town and went up to the next clerk. He took $180.00 from me, did his thing with all the stamps and stuff and said the judge was available so take these forms to the receptionest and she'll call upstairs to see if he can do it. As I went to the elevator There was this nice lady also going up and she asked me where I was going. After I told her she said "Oh I'm the clerk for that judge so let me take the forms to him." I waited out side for about 10-15 minutes and she returned and said it's done. So I followered her back downstairs, she took me to the window and told the clerk to finish "Marsea". another 20 bucks and I had the original certified copy and 4 copies for me. I had time to hit the social security office and get that all done as that HAS to be the first stop. I have to wait 24 hours for the change to be put into the system. Friday I'm ready (with the forms filled out) to hit the DMV and get my new drivers license with picture. Then I'm going to my bank & get the checking account done right.
    As I said, I'm a 7/24 Girl and have been this way for a little over 6 months so I know I'm not going back down that road I left LOL.
    I'm just sooo happy. I of course had to celebrate so I bought myself a cute pair of white jeans with tons of pink and silver embroidery all over the leg. Friday (movie day) I'm going to be the girl in pink & white with a HUGH grin on her face. Marsea was born today.
    Oh..I just removed my middle name, put Marsea as my first name, my unwanted guy name as the middle ( in case I still have a use or need for that part) and kept the same last name.

Well let me be the first to say hi Marsea welcome to the world hun you go girl
    Angie

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Wow ! I don't dare, and yet it all seems so tempting !

Thanks for being a role model and embracing your whole life...completely !

Amazed!
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

A Gracious Welcome to the New You!

I am so very happy for you and so proud of you to take that Big Step. Joann

Happy New You!!

Great news Marsea!!

Thank You all so far. I'm still on cloud nine...can't believe I did it but sooo calm & relaxed I did. Actually you could all just add as another middle name, I just decided it was going to be my first name 'cause it is who I am. Well I'm going to bed LOL. Thanks girls and hang in there.

Talking Congratulations!

Congrats Girl!! i'm so happy for you!! I'm glad everything went smooth for you. Once again, Congratulations Marsea!!!!

Congrats! I don't have the nerve to do any of that, just around the house or for a short drive.

Marsea,
    Congratulations on your offical name change. You may be a late bloomer, but you bloom wonderfully!

Lauren

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar

Congratulations on the name change, Marsea!!! I imagine that there are a number of us who are jealous of you (good jealous -- )!!! In my state, it is a little more difficult and definitely more public. In Georgia, once you file the petition for a name change (which is the easy part) an advertisment has to be run in the local newspaper "of record" for your county stating that you (Charles D. Smith) are hereby praying for a name change in Superior Court of Tranny County, and that you desire that your name be changed to Cher D. Smith. Once a week for four straight weeks. In my small city atmosphere, everybody knows everybody and everybody knows your business. They legal ads are a great source of this Peyton Place's weekly entertainment review!!!

Anyway, proud of you girl!!!
    [SIZE="4"]Sheri[/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    Congrads! Glad is went so smooth and easy. So let me get this right, you didn't have to appear in court and explane why you were getting your name changed?
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

Happy birthnameday! A major move.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Congrats to you!!

happy birthday!!!!

Congrats, that's just fantastic for you !

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    Marsea,

That is a wonderful new milestone in your life. Congratulations girl.

Huggs
    Melissa
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

Emerging butterfly...
    What a validating feeling that must give you Marsea, congratulations!!! :dancing:

Hugz,

Veronica

Wants red cocktail dress! nikki_t's Avatar
    That is sooooooo AWESOME Marsea!! Congratulations!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clarissa View Post
    Congrats Girl!! i'm so happy for you!! I'm glad everything went smooth for you. Once again, Congratulations Marsea!!!!
    Thanks Clairissa, my special girl..hope we can get together for a day trip soon..remember girls just want to have fun, and I'm a girl and so are you LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Richards View Post
    Marsea,
    Congratulations on your offical name change. You may be a late bloomer, but you bloom wonderfully!

Lauren
    Thanks soo much Lauren..it's due to yourself & others here on our site. I'm glad I came "home".

Quote Originally Posted by Sheri 4242 View Post

Congratulations on the name change, Marsea!!! I imagine that there are a number of us who are jealous of you (good jealous -- )!!! In my state, it is a little more difficult and definitely more public. In Georgia, once you file the petition for a name change (which is the easy part) an advertisment has to be run in the local newspaper "of record" for your county stating that you (Charles D. Smith) are hereby praying for a name change in Superior Court of Tranny County, and that you desire that your name be changed to Cher D. Smith. Once a week for four straight weeks. In my small city atmosphere, everybody knows everybody and everybody knows your business. They legal ads are a great source of this Peyton Place's weekly entertainment review!!!

Anyway, proud of you girl!!!
    Awww Sheri, It is a shame that some states are sooo anal. Got to remember we were not even a state 'till 1912 (just a little before Hawaii & Alaska LOL) and out here you can honestly carry a gun as long as it is not concealed (lots of businesses even have signs up no firearms allowed inside LOL). If you ever need to "establish residency here, let me know, you know you have a place to stay. After 90 days though you're on your own Girl LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by noname View Post
    Congrads! Glad is went so smooth and easy. So let me get this right, you didn't have to appear in court and explane why you were getting your name changed?
    Nope, it seems this judge was not overly worried I guess. Probably has too many other criminal types to deal with (after all this is where the Yuma Territorial Prison is LOL) but even if I had to have gone to a quick hearing I was already dressed and would have pleded my case, in heels, purse & boobies, as one of enrichment of my chosen lifestyle, which I am pretty sure would have been accepted. On the forms of course you have to state any felonies or warrants or arrests (all none for me) and acknowledge that you are not doing this for any illegal purposes. Maybe it took the 15 min while they did a backround search for the above, I really don't know. I DO know it takes less time to buy a gun at the local gunstore cause I've done that and they do make a call to see if you are wanted somewhere.
    Last edited by My Lady Marsea; 09-27-2007 at 10:16 AM.

girl next door
    Wow, congratulations Marsea!!! I'm so happy for you!

xoxo

Tammi
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Congrats! and happy birthday it's a little over a year for me now life just gets better when all your name is now legal all the best

hugs Marissa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wants red cocktail dress! nikki_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My Lady Marsea View Post
    lots of businesses even have signs up no firearms allowed inside LOL
    I actually saw one of those "no firearms allowed" signs in one of the gas stations here in Texas and I thought to myself "yup, that'll keep the bad guys with guns out alright!" LOL

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    Marsea I am so thrilled for you , I am also glad you told us about the process . I spoke to my wife two weeks ago about the same thing and she said I can change my middle name but I need to wait 10 months , when I'm done with child support . Congratulations ! again I am so happy for you .

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

T-Girl and here to stay!! Rosaliy Lynne's Avatar
    let me add my congrats to all the rest Marsea!!! and good luck in all else you do as well.
    Rosaliy Lynne
    We are who we are. We become what we must.
    http://rosaliylynne.com/

That's sooo Awesome!! Congratulations!
    "I see your true colors shining through, your true colors, and that's why I love you,
    so don't be afraid to let them show, your true colors, true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow"

"Without change,something sleeps deep inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken!"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]